Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lawrence Co. 9 Pikeville 6 (15th Region Championship)
:Clap::Thumbs:
bulldog42 Wrote:Just like posts like that are a black eye to the Pikeville program. All programs have people that embarass their programs on this board.
I've got a lot of friends in Pikeville, Paintsville, Pburg and grew up in Louisa. People on here from every school make me cringe and people from every program represent well. The shame of it is that if you watch the kids on the field in whatever sport the majority of the time there is a mutal respect and they understand other parts of the state look down their nose toward them.
Congrats to Pikeville's kids. You guys have really put together a nice run.
Congrats to LC you guys did an outstanding job of battling through adversity as a team. Same goes for Shep. He should be flattered people are so excited to get a hit off of him while he is going to the state tourney again + once again Regional player of the year. I've watched how he interacts with players on the other teams and am very proud of the way he's handled his success. I think Tate Banks deserves a lot of credit too. Sometimes overshadowed he is a gritty kid that has really come up big for the Dogs this year! Coach Feltner went into this off season thinking he had Shep, Burton, Moore as 1 of the better 1/2/3 punches in the state. Season started and he only had 1 of them throwing for LC. He+ Coach Micheal have doen a great job and Tate has really been clutch.
As for the errors etc I think unless you have been in a game of that magnitude it's hard to figure out why things are that crazy. That's as much build up as I remember for a high school baseball game in this area in a long long time. Pressure makes funny things happen. People can say what they want about Balaclaws ave etc. Bottom line is when it was on the line he came through in the clutch. People shouldn't discredit the kid because they have no idea how much time these kids put in during the off season. I'm sure Pikeville is the same way or they wouldn't be playing at the level they are.
Proud of both teams for all of their work and they way they represent their programs outside of a kid or two. Best of luck LC in Lex! Hope to make the trip again.
:Clap:
Messages In This Thread
Lawrence Co. 9 Pikeville 6 (15th Region Championship) - by mr.charlie hustle - 06-04-2011, 12:37 PM