Poll: Who Wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
(4) Kentucky
76.19%
(5) West Virginia
23.81%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(4) Kentucky vs. (5) West Virginia 3/19 (NCCA Tournament - 3rd RD)
By no means am I saying that WVU will win this game....actually I have a bad feeling about it. I think UK got the bad game out of the way yesterday. However, I think these two teams match-up better than some of you think.

Darius Miller - Kevin Jones or John Flowers
Terrence Jones - Kevin Jones or John Flowers
Brandon Knight - Joe Mazzulla
Doron Lamb - Truck Bryant
Josh Harrellson - Cam Thoroughman or Deniz Kilicli

Neither team has much of a bench, so foul trouble could play a major role. I think it will come down to whether Cal will run a zone against WVU. If UK stays in a man-to-man, WVU will run them off screens all day, but if they will pack it back into a zone WVU generally does not shoot well and that takes away the offensive rebounds. Also, WVU does not care to slow the ball down and make it an UGLY game. If WVU goes 9-10 minutes without a FG, then they get beat....but if they are shooting well, they're in it with a chance to win.
I do not expect WVU to run the 1-3-1 much either. They will only use it in spots. It is not nearly as effective as it was last year with Ebanks on the front (although you would probably have a hard time making Clemson believe that).
My prediction is a close, ugly game.
Messages In This Thread
(4) Kentucky vs. (5) West Virginia 3/19 (NCCA Tournament - 3rd RD) - by ImagineThat! - 03-18-2011, 09:27 AM