Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Elisha Justice: Then and Now
Most people are aware of the development of Elisha Justice's game throughout his career, but his physical development through his outstanding work ethic have been key to his growth as a player. Below are a couple of pics that show the development from his 1st regional tournament to the Sweet 16 this year. It's a little hard to remember the kid in the first picture...
wow, he looks like he was in the 8th grade from the 1st picture
NYY10 Wrote:wow, he looks like he was in the 8th grade from the 1st picture

He was...
NYY, that was his 8th grade year, about a minute into the game he would be subbed into the lineup because you can't start in KY as an 8th grader I do believe.
PC_You_Know Wrote:NYY, that was his 8th grade year, about a minute into the game he would be subbed into the lineup because you can't start in KY as an 8th grader I do believe.
Tell OJ Mayo that.
Panther Thunder Wrote:Tell OJ Mayo that.

I'm not for sure, but I thought that was the rule, because Elisha didn't start in 8th grade, so I figured that was the rule, maybe it's just Pike County.
PC_You_Know Wrote:I'm not for sure, but I thought that was the rule, because Elisha didn't start in 8th grade, so I figured that was the rule, maybe it's just Pike County.

You can start as an 8th grader. There is no rule about that. I'm pretty sure the reason Coach Booher did that was because Elisha started playing with them after the season had already started and he probably didn't want to rock the boat too much. Elisha was always in there when it mattered though.
DortonWildcat5 Wrote:You can start as an 8th grader. There is no rule about that. I'm pretty sure the reason Coach Booher did that was because Elisha started playing with them after the season had already started and he probably didn't want to rock the boat too much. Elisha was always in there when it mattered though.

You're right about that, he's been the play maker for a while now. I just assumed he didn't start because of a rule. It's gonna be different next year seeing someone other than Elisha running the point for them. 5 years behind Elisha sure has flew by.
PC_You_Know Wrote:You're right about that, he's been the play maker for a while now. I just assumed he didn't start because of a rule. It's gonna be different next year seeing someone other than Elisha running the point for them. 5 years behind Elisha sure has flew by.

I agree. It seems like only yesterday that he was playing here at Dorton.
DortonWildcat5 Wrote:I agree. It seems like only yesterday that he was playing here at Dorton.

Seems like yesterday our all-star football team was playing Belfry's and Elisha was our safety...now that's something to remember.
DortonWildcat5 Wrote:I agree. It seems like only yesterday that he was playing here at Dorton.
DW5 don't you have a picture of all the SV starters together as 8th graders that you can post?
This is amazing. The kid has come so far and is an absolute beast. I am glad to know that more importantly he is a Christian and puts God first in his life and he gives it all to him for his amazing abilities. Elisha Justice!!!! Mr. Basketball of Kentucky for 2010
alleycat53 Wrote:DW5 don't you have a picture of all the SV starters together as 8th graders that you can post?

someone does - I saw it at the community pep rally after they won the All A state this year - it was either taylor or tyler's mom i think - that needs to be posted on here somewhere - they were on the all-tournament team for the KBA or some other tournament
:1:
still cant believe this...please dont wake me if its a dream...:biggrin::bball:
:Wave:
Lleyton21 Wrote:someone does - I saw it at the community pep rally after they won the All A state this year - it was either taylor or tyler's mom i think - that needs to be posted on here somewhere - they were on the all-tournament team for the KBA or some other tournament
:1:
still cant believe this...please dont wake me if its a dream...:biggrin::bball:
:Wave:

I feel that same way!!! I cant wait to get a DVD of it lol.
This is from the 2005-2006 BCI State Tournament in Florence, KY.
Hats off to coach booher but Coach Davis raised him from a pup
DortonWildcat5 Wrote:This is from the 2005-2006 BCI State Tournament in Florence, KY.

DW5, in your wildest dreams, would you have ever believed they would have accomplished all that they did when that picture was took? It is incredible that they would have been together then and wouldn't know that they were going to be immortalized as Kentuckys best.
trufan Wrote:DW5, in your wildest dreams, would you have ever believed they would have accomplished all that they did when that picture was took? It is incredible that they would have been together then and wouldn't know that they were going to be immortalized as Kentuckys best.

I feel the same way. To look at that picture and think that in 5 years those 5 would lead Valley to a high school championship.
DortonWildcat5 Wrote:This is from the 2005-2006 BCI State Tournament in Florence, KY.

thats the pic i remember! funny how elisha looks the youngest/scrawniest and now he is mr basketball and mvp of the sweet 16. just goes to show what hard work and dedication can do...what a TEAM...
that picture brings a HUGE smile to my face, wow....feels like yesterday
Can We Get there names from the 8th grade pic from left to right I know Which one elisha and hatfield is but the other ones
Pride and Football Wrote:Can We Get there names from the 8th grade pic from left to right I know Which one elisha and hatfield is but the other ones

Ashley Hatfield, Cody Varney, Elisha Justice, Taylor Newsome, Tyler Newsome