•  Previous
  • 7(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Letcher Co. Central 2010
Paul Crewe Wrote:Wait and see. Not very good under pressure....plays weak schedules....and loses early in playoffs. Time will tell. Many at LCC are already tired. He hasn't even coached the first game. Time will tell. See ya at the end of the season Cherokee, let me know then how most feel.
We were devasted when he left Powell County. What is wrong with you? He has not even coached his first game as head coach.
Guess people can see the future.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
From what I see, hear, and read some people really want Whitaker to fail. I want him to do well and the team to do well. This will take hard work from Whitaker, the boys and the rest of his staff. I did not agree with all his decision making last year but I have never agreed 100% with any coach. Reckon they all agreed with me when I was coaching, nah. Leave him alone and if he succeeds great for him, if he falls flat of his face tell us all how much you told us so and how smart you were.
Great post! LCC will do good this year.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

cougarpride08 Wrote:We make it to the third round for the past three years. Do you really call that early? I bet there is a lot of teams wishes they make it that early in the playoffs. Don't get me started on the schedule.

HE wasn't the head coach last year was he? I thought we were talking about teams that he was the head coach? Read son!!!!
lean&mean Wrote:From what I see, hear, and read some people really want Whitaker to fail. I want him to do well and the team to do well. This will take hard work from Whitaker, the boys and the rest of his staff. I did not agree with all his decision making last year but I have never agreed 100% with any coach. Reckon they all agreed with me when I was coaching, nah. Leave him alone and if he succeeds great for him, if he falls flat of his face tell us all how much you told us so and how smart you were.

I can tell you are truley excited about your new coach?
cougarpride08 Wrote:Guess people can see the future.

You don't have to see the future, just look at the past.
Paul Crewe Wrote:You don't have to see the future, just look at the past.

You must know Whitaker? Give him a chance.
Paul Crewe Wrote:You don't have to see the future, just look at the past.

you have never answered my question on who you would have hired at LCC, surley a man of your wisdom could give us a possible second choice instead of Whitaker. I would be safe in saying your dream is to be a head coach someday, how many applications have you put in.
With the money that LCC threw at Howard, you could hire Halcomb at Breathitt.....Dixon from Hazard...Cobb from Somerset...Roark from Middlesboro.....the list is long. We were here when Whitaker was at Corbin same story coming in.
Paul Crewe Wrote:With the money that LCC threw at Howard, you could hire Halcomb at Breathitt.....Dixon from Hazard...Cobb from Somerset...Roark from Middlesboro.....the list is long. We were here when Whitaker was at Corbin same story coming in.

Who is we? Do you hate whitaker so bad that you hope that LCC loses? I don't give a rats rear about him as long as he coaches and LCC wins. If they don't then look back at his record this year and in years past and make judgements about him returning. My son plays on this team and he seems to really like the man as a coach.. Until he screws up really bad I hope him the best. Believe me when I say I do not agree with all of his calls, who does, but I have watched his practices and he prepares his team well..........
Paul Crewe Wrote:With the money that LCC threw at Howard, you could hire Halcomb at Breathitt.....Dixon from Hazard...Cobb from Somerset...Roark from Middlesboro.....the list is long. We were here when Whitaker was at Corbin same story coming in.

Lets see Cotton Adams last 4 years at Corbin 26-21=55%
Whitaker 4 years at Corbin (95-98) 29-16=65%
throw out his first year (4-7) 25- 9=74%
and done this while one of his asistance which
got fired for giving the play book away to Cawood
and who knows else. The program was headed down
and after Whitakers first year changed his offence, but
had to deal with a lot of the homers wanting his job, he
still has scares on his back from all the cutting. not bad winning
74% in his last 3 years there.These #'s can be verified on the KHSAA
web site, what do you base your info on jealousy. The #'s indicate
the program was left better than what he found it.

Mike Whitaker at Leslie County 36-12= 75%

Christian County 6 years before Whitaker 21-42= 33%
Christian County 6 years with Whitaker 47-25= 65%
throw out his first year (4-7) 43-18= 70%
Paul Crewe you have no credibility
Guys let us not forget about the young men that is playing this game. Coach Whitaker is not on the field. He is the coach. If these kids do what he coaches, then they will win.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Neverwas, don't be putting us Cougar fans on your band wagon. You and your little croonies need to continue cheering for Jenkins. There are only a few of you that want to continue to make negative statements about Coach Whitaker-backed by jealousy, but the majority of us-parents, players, and community are supporting Coach Whitaker. Take your negative wagon eastward... I'm tired of listening to you...
My son is on that team and loves Coach Whitaker-thats how I judge people. When you are good to my child; then I like you. My son is learning the game and enjoying it at the same time. The players only say great things about Coach W and I can tell he is very prepared, determined coach and one who doesn't let players waste their time in the weight room. GO COUGARS!!!
Sorry Neverwas, that post was intended for Paul Crewe. I've just had enough of listening to him...
CatScratchFever Wrote:Paul Crewe, don't be putting us Cougar fans on your band wagon. You and your little croonies need to continue cheering for Jenkins. There are only a few of you that want to continue to make negative statements about Coach Whitaker-backed by jealousy, but the majority of us-parents, players, and community are supporting Coach Whitaker. Take your negative wagon eastward... I'm tired of listening to you...

Sorry Neverwas, this post was intended for Paul Crewe...
cherokee Wrote:Lets see Cotton Adams last 4 years at Corbin 26-21=55%
Whitaker 4 years at Corbin (95-98) 29-16=65%
throw out his first year (4-7) 25- 9=74%
and done this while one of his asistance which
got fired for giving the play book away to Cawood
and who knows else. The program was headed down
and after Whitakers first year changed his offence, but
had to deal with a lot of the homers wanting his job, he
still has scares on his back from all the cutting. not bad winning
74% in his last 3 years there.These #'s can be verified on the KHSAA
web site, what do you base your info on jealousy. The #'s indicate
the program was left better than what he found it.

Mike Whitaker at Leslie County 36-12= 75%

Christian County 6 years before Whitaker 21-42= 33%
Christian County 6 years with Whitaker 47-25= 65%
throw out his first year (4-7) 43-18= 70%
Paul Crewe you have no credibility

Throw out a few more years he will be 90%.....Listen I made the statement 2years and he will self distruct. I thought you could hire better than that.
Corbin exit early every year in playoffs. 10-0 then lose to #4 1st round...please don't try to tell me he was a better coach than Cotton Adams or that he built the Corbin program. The program excelled when he left. Same at Christian ..the year he left farther than they had been in years the next year.

Leslie had the best QB in the nation and never made it to the finals, beat in semi's.
He is a good coach but not the genius some of you like to think.
Enjoy we will see you early and listen as the season goes on. I saw on here last year the rumblings and now like I said everthing is great LCC land.

We will see.:worthy:
Paul Crewe Wrote:Throw out a few more years he will be 90%.....Listen I made the statement 2years and he will self distruct. I thought you could hire better than that.
Corbin exit early every year in playoffs. 10-0 then lose to #4 1st round...please don't try to tell me he was a better coach than Cotton Adams or that he built the Corbin program. The program excelled when he left. Same at Christian ..the year he left farther than they had been in years the next year.

Leslie had the best QB in the nation and never made it to the finals, beat in semi's.
He is a good coach but not the genius some of you like to think.
Enjoy we will see you early and listen as the season goes on. I saw on here last year the rumblings and now like I said everthing is great LCC land.

We will see.:worthy:
yeah that 82 Championship is now proaching 29 years and old Cotton has got something that a lot of good coachs don't have a state championship. Heck i would say the same bunch that was cutting Whitaker was cutting him too. Yeah it's hard to follow a legend just ask Tommy Greer 3 years and gone, and can't get another head coaching job. Bell County canned him and got Dudley back and the rest is history.Maybe Corbin should get Cotton Adams back with the week conference and the 6 class system in 4 years he would have another championship. KNOW YOU ARE SAYING WHITAKER IS A GOOD COACH. WITH THAT OMISSION I REST MY CASE.
Corbin has a coach and what does Bell have to do with this. We were talking about your coach. As far as weak districts that district you are in for 5A is pretty soft. Since you brought them up I looked on the same site and found..........Didn't Bell beat one of the #1 teams I think Harlan by 40 or 50. Good luck and I think you meant to say admission instead of omission. Good Coach.... you made my point ...with the money LCC seems to have, they should have gotten... Best coach.IMO If you think they did then best of luck and hope you win them all.
Good luck to Whitaker.
CatScratchFever Wrote:Sorry Neverwas, this post was intended for Paul Crewe...
No problem. Good luck to Coach Whitaker and LCC. Speedy recovery to Jesse Rose.
How is Jessie Rose? Is he 100%?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Paul Crewe, we Cougar fans are very happy with our coach. We Cougars can take care of ourselfs! You ain't no Cougar Fan, you never was and you never will be. Instead of poking your long jealous nose in our team, why don't you just keep it in Bell County. My guess Dudley has run you out of his locker room-Coach! From reading all of your posts, you apparently have a personal vendetta against Whitaker. Just curious did he kick your arse on or off the field?...
I haven't been a big fan of Whitaker's play calling to this point at LCC to be honest. I don't know why LCC doesn't beef the schedule up a little bit as far as playing more 4 and 5 A schools out of district.
You need to go back and read some more. We will see you the first game of the year in London. Work Hard!!!!
Paul Crewe Wrote:You need to go back and read some more. We will see you the first game of the year in London. Work Hard!!!!

:thatsfunn
SL will not beat them. That is funny.
Maybe not, but we got a better chance now.
Being from Estill, Jenkins and now Bell I can really get around. Before my son makes to SL High I hope we have another coach. So try not to tell me what kind of fan I am. As far as your coach beating anyone , he only beats himself. Just ask Corbin fans.
  •  Previous
  • 7(current)
  • Next