Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best Player in the Mountains
Just wondering who everyone thinks it is. And I looked forever and didnt see another post about this so if there is one I overlooked it.
13th Region
Josh Crawford-Corbin
Cody Miller-Knox Central
J.D. Strange-Pinrville
Matt St. John-South Laurel

14th Region
Tate Cox-KCC
Josh Whitaker-Hazard
Stuart Stamper-KCC
Charlie Banks-LCC

15th Region
Elisha Justice-Shelby Valley
Ashley Hatfield-Shelby Valley
Devan Adams-Shelby Valley
Ian Welch-Johnson Central

In no order and off the top of my head, these are the ones I thought of based on who I have seen personally. Tough to pick only one!! Good luck to all.
Memorial Gym #5 Wrote:13th Region
Josh Crawford-Corbin
Cody Miller-Knox Central
J.D. Strange-Pinrville

14th Region
Tate Cox-KCC
Josh Whitaker-Hazard
Stuart Stamper-KCC
Charlie Banks-LCC

15th Region

In no order and off the top of my head, these are the ones I thought of based on who I have seen personally. Tough to pick only one!! Good luck to all.

Looks pretty good to me.
Josh Crawford-Corbin
Cody Miller-Knox Central
J.D. Strange-Pinrville

14th Region
Tate Cox-KCC
Josh Whitaker-Hazard
Stuart Stamper-KCC
Charlie Banks-LCC

15th Region

I think Chris Noble or Micheal Campbell Should be on the 14th before Stuart
Josh Crawford-Corbin
Cody Miller-Knox Central
J.D. Strange-Pinrville

14th Region
Tate Cox-KCC
Josh Whitaker-Hazard
Stuart Stamper-KCC
Charlie Banks-LCC

15th Region

Great lists and I agree.
Justice-SV
Whitaker-Hazard
Cox-KCC
Stamper-KCC
Adams-SV

My not so professional opinion.
king360 Wrote:I think Chris Noble or Micheal Campbell Should be on the 14th before Stuart

haha, now that's funny.
ladypatriot55 Wrote:haha, now that's funny.

Stuarts a good player..but i dont think he is as good as Noble..and im really not sure eiether of them is as good as Campbell he hes decent size and he is Very Strong and is deadly with his mid range jumper..the only place i know stuart is better than these 2 at is his speed
I agree, Chris Noble and Michael Campbell, even Justin Jones would be thrown in the mix, in my opinion. Even Aaron Charles from Lee Co. is a nice player. I knew I would leave somebody out, thanks for the help. Good luck to everybody.
Memorial Gym #5 Wrote:I agree, Chris Noble and Michael Campbell, even Justin Jones would be thrown in the mix, in my opinion. Even Aaron Charles from Lee Co. is a nice player. I knew I would leave somebody out, thanks for the help. Good luck to everybody.

Ive never seen the kid from Lee County and i dont think Jones is better than stamper but he is a very valuable player..but IMO Stamper should not even be talked about before Noble or Campbell
Elisha Justice best player in the Mts...360 stop hating. Stuart is one of the best in the 14th...MG5 very good list.
No ones hating...im not saying Stamper isnt a good player just dont think hes as good as Noble or Campbell
Very neutral: James D. Strange best in 13th without question and Mtns.
Madison Johnson 2nd best
St.John South Laurel best big man in Mtns.
How can you leave off eathan evan feregson and clevenger from this list are you seeing the production these kids are doing?
Jive 75 is right all the players that he has named are getting offers from d1d2 and d3 schools and are putting up over 20pts per game with very few turnovers and are leading their teams.Look around mountian players are as good as any one in the state.
jive75 Wrote:How can you leave off eathan evan feregson and clevenger from this list are you seeing the production these kids are doing?

I agree Jive...........If I had to pick 5 kids from the 14th, 15th, and 16th for a team to compete with anybody, anyplace, anytime............My first pick is Ethan Faulkner............2nd is Justice, 3rd is Evan Faulkner.......Give me these three kids and one shooter and one rebounder.............I'd take my chances against ANY D2 College!
jive75 Wrote:How can you leave off eathan evan feregson and clevenger from this list are you seeing the production these kids are doing?

After I did the list, I thought, I should have edited and added the 16th. To really tell you the truth, I haven't seen many of the players play from the other teams in the 16th except Elliott Co. I would have said 4 of Elliott's players as my top players. So, if anyone wants to add the 16th who knows it well, please do. As for Clevenger, I actually thought of him cause of what I have read about him on BGR, I have never seen Clevenger play, but would like to. Thanks, and good luck to everyone!!
:Thumbs:
king360 Wrote:Ive never seen the kid from Lee County and i dont think Jones is better than stamper but he is a very valuable player..but IMO Stamper should not even be talked about before Noble or Campbell

I got to agree with MVP. Stop being a die hard PCC fan and just sit back and look at the region. The only thing Noble can do better then Stamper is shot the ball. Stamper is more talented and a much better scorer. Chris is good but I am telling that he is not top 5 in region. KCC HAS twoo(Stamper, Cox)Hazard has two(Whitaker, Campbell)The fifth spot can got to about 5 different players that Noble is in the running for but the player for Lee Co. or Banks from Letcher will get that spot.
I have had the honor of guarding Noble and he is not that hard to guard.
Crazy Horse tell you what how about a game 1 on 1 with you versus Chris Noble and see who will win.
Crazy Horse Wrote:I got to agree with MVP. Stop being a die hard PCC fan and just sit back and look at the region. The only thing Noble can do better then Stamper is shot the ball. Stamper is more talented and a much better scorer. Chris is good but I am telling that he is not top 5 in region. KCC HAS twoo(Stamper, Cox)Hazard has two(Whitaker, Campbell)The fifth spot can got to about 5 different players that Noble is in the running for but the player for Lee Co. or Banks from Letcher will get that spot.
I have had the honor of guarding Noble and he is not that hard to guard.

Im not being a die hard PCC fan...i even said campbell should be up there too..i just dont think stamper should be in the top 5...i know hes a good player when i watched them play hazard it changed my mind about him but i still dont think he is in the top 5..top 10 probably but not top 5
This thread was called "best player" and that is clearly Elisha Justice. End of story.
PC_You_Know Wrote:This thread was called "best player" and that is clearly Elisha Justice. End of story.

ill second that..lol
I think James David Strange is better than Whitaker or Justice. I think he's the best lead guard around.
Josh Crawford-Corbin
Cody Miller-Knox Central
J.D. Strange-Pinrville

14th Region
Tate Cox-KCC
Josh Whitaker-Hazard
Stuart Stamper-KCC
Charlie Banks-LCC

15th Region

I am not sure that Devin Adams should be in this category, at his size against local teams he should be dominating
The whitaker kid is a great talent. He maybe the best ballhandler to come through the 14th in a long time.
PC_You_Know Wrote:This thread was called "best player" and that is clearly Elisha Justice. End of story.

Why (in your opinion) is this so clear?
sportfan36 Wrote:Crazy Horse tell you what how about a game 1 on 1 with you versus Chris Noble and see who will win.

He might win but it will be close. Not no blow out. I am not saying that Chris sucks. I know Chris and have the worlds up most respect for him...all I was trying to say was that just because you can shot the ball beter then someone does not make you better then them. Chris is very good and one of the best in the region but not top 5.To many senior leaders and talented players over Chris. If he is in the top 5, he is no better then fifth. NO higher
letthebighogroot Wrote:Why (in your opinion) is this so clear?

Other than Elliott County, that's just about every other person's view of best player.
You guys are just posting shooters, maybe this thread should be best shooters in the mountains and someone else start a thread about best all around athelete in the mountains. Someone who is consistant, handles the ball, shoots some, steals, rebounds, passes the ball and plays smart. But if we are going with shooters I will take Tate Cox.
I Rule The World Wrote:I think James David Strange is better than Whitaker or Justice. I think he's the best lead guard around.

I agree. This kid can play and I have seen both of the others play and they are not in the same leauge.