Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
All Mountain Teams
When they were giving out the top 5 offensive linemen, they named a Brakota Smith from LCC. If there was a Brakota Smith playing for Letcher Central this year I was not aware of itSmile Smile Smile
Brakota Smith is a linemen from Pulaski County. Google is a wonderful thingSmile Smile
So what did everyone think of the All Mountain teams?
IDK how Dustin May was named 3a player of the year
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I know I'm going to sound like a homer here, but with the season they had, you would think Letcher Central would have had a few more players on the list.
Although I thought a few of the players were "No-Brainers", but as a whole, I thought it was nearing "Comedic" Status!!
Cards09 Wrote:IDK how Dustin May was named 3a player of the year

who would have been your pick:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:
throw deep Wrote:who would have been your pick:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:
Serious? Maybe ya didn't keep up with his posts all season. That's the only way not to know who he favored for the award....Smile
I think there were maybe 2-3 others that could have been considered in 3A, but none that truly compared to May this year. I don't think anyone could argue he is what made that awesome Belfry machine go this year. I think they will have next year's 3A mountain player of the year also, in my opinion, in Ivan Lee. Personally, I liked his game more than I did May's. But to say May wasn't the catalyst and MVP of that team and the Mountain area would just put me in the category of "CRAZY!"
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
a player of the year should be on the team that goes the farthest in the playoffs, sometimes it doesn't work that way but for the most part it does
bigE Wrote:a player of the year should be on the team that goes the farthest in the playoffs, sometimes it doesn't work that way but for the most part it does
So you agree with May as the choice?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The Guru Wrote:Although I thought a few of the players were "No-Brainers", but as a whole, I thought it was nearing "Comedic" Status!!

I completely agree
Where can these rankings be found
TheyKnowMe Wrote:Where can these rankings be found

You can find this on the wymt website.
I think CHRIS PUCKETT of JENKINS should have been on the list somewere.
Congrats to Daniel Harmon from Pikeville for getting the best all around athlete award. Tim Honaker also made the "Super 30" defensive players list. Well deserved for both these kids.
Cards09 Wrote:IDK how Dustin May was named 3a player of the year

Well lets see, considerin he was one of four players acoss the ENTIRE state who tied for total votes for All-State I don't see why he wouldn't be named the 3A player of the year for the mountains. :ChairHit:
Paintsville's J.D. VanHoose shoulda been on the defensive list. The kid had dang near 160 tackles this year, 3-4 games of 20+.
people get too caught up in these rankings and awards, there is an award for everything now, and thats probably why all the players now a days are whining mommas boys, its rediculus....every player thinks they deserve something..
Redneck Wrote:Paintsville's J.D. VanHoose shoulda been on the defensive list. The kid had dang near 160 tackles this year, 3-4 games of 20+.
Heck...as far as that goes, he coulda been all around player of the year and should have!!!Not only had huge tackle recordings, but had 2 INTs that he returned for TDs, At QB he threw like 6 or 7 TDs, caught TDs at both tight end and wide reciever, ran TDs from QB, RB and fullback!
How freaking much does one have to excell at so many different position???
The Guru Wrote:Heck...as far as that goes, he coulda been all around player of the year and should have!!!Not only had huge tackle recordings, but had 2 INTs that he returned for TDs, At QB he threw like 6 or 7 TDs, caught TDs at both tight end and wide reciever, ran TDs from QB, RB and fullback!
How freaking much does one have to excell at so many different position???

he for sure should've been on a list somewhere, that list looked a little biast from who did it and who got the most kids in...
congrads to all the players, also to my cuz mikael campbell on the super 30 or what ever it is. 79 tackles,43 for loss,2 fumble recoveries, and 1 forced fumble
bac2369 Wrote:congrads to all the players, also to my cuz mikael campbell on the super 30 or what ever it is. 79 tackles,43 for loss,2 fumble recoveries, and 1 forced fumble

I wouldve been on there too had i played the whole season...lmao. I had 48 tackles in the 8 games I played...35 for loss, 2 forced fumbles, and 2 fumble recoveries--with a torn acl i didnt kno about. I wouldve had more but errytime id get to the ball carrier mikael would outrun me and make the tackle..its aggervating....hahahaha. O well...me, mikael, and TJ will do it again nxt year. ANYHOO,, congrats to all the players who made it---especially jon howard, bart teague, mikael campbell, joey meehan, greg adams, josh kidd, and tyler olinger-1a player of the year. We'll try again nxt year.
Does anyone have a link?
alot of kids got shafted on this list...and if you look at the list and who came up with the list its pretty biast towars a certain area in the mountains..
Congrats to those who made it, sure players got shafted, but it happens and will happen EVERY YEAR that there will ever be a All Whatever team. And May deserves it if anyone deserves to be 3A player of the year!
Possum Bait Wrote:Does anyone have a link?
http://www.wkyt.com/wymtsportsovertime/h...21567.html
Redneck Wrote:Paintsville's J.D. VanHoose shoulda been on the defensive list. The kid had dang near 160 tackles this year, 3-4 games of 20+.
He has nowhere near 160 tackles this year. **** against JC, Pikeville, SC, P-Burg, and Raceland he was non existant. I guess he got his tackles against the Allen Central, South Floyd, and Betsy Layne teams.
Just in case you guys are unaware, the coaches played a majo part in selecting the teams.

Don't bash the selections... look at the coaches if you disagree with the picks.
TRUEBALLAHOLLA Wrote:He has nowhere near 160 tackles this year. **** against JC, Pikeville, SC, P-Burg, and Raceland he was non existant. I guess he got his tackles against the Allen Central, South Floyd, and Betsy Layne teams.

What do you have against J.D.
Yes, Fullcount you're correct on how the determinations were made... so I guess that speaks volumes about who, how, and why these selections were made. TBH... forget it. It's not even worth wasting the energy to type a response.