Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What do you think about the playoffs?
Now that we are entering the second season of the new playoff format, I was just curious if anyone has changed their minds about the format or still like the old one better. IMO, i liked the old way better.
I hate the new one
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I like the new format. Closer games, bigger revenue, and the almighty revenge factor.
Welcome to BlueGrassRivals

If you ever have any questions, problems, or comments, contact me at [email=tomcat6868@gmail.com]tomcat6868@gmail.com[/email] or via PM by clicking here [Image: http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/finalnewbanner3.png]
I liked the old one better my self
I dont remember playing so many games inthe playoffs when we played. I think we played 3 and lost to the state champs. So i think there were 4 games total back then. 82-83.
Romans 14:11
It is written: " 'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will confess to God.' "
I don't know if I like the rotating regional championships yet. The rest I'll decide on when the playoffs are done.
The play off system should take only the top two in each district. Having 4 teams making district playoff's is ridiculous. It's suppose to be a money maker for the teams, but I'll bet the 1 & 4 seeds don't make enough to pay for officials. A 3 & 4 seed need not be included in the play off's.
If only the 1 and 2 seed teams make it to playoffs your other teams would certainly have something more to work for during the season.
I personally dont like it. IMO it kindve takes away from the playoff atmosphere when you know the first 2 rounds are going to be against teams youve played before.
I think the top two teams out of each district should make the playoffs. Then let the number 1 seed play a number 2 seed from a different district. With as a lot of the districts having 4 teams, let the playoffs mean something again.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It is the size of the fight in the dog.
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:I personally dont like it. IMO it kindve takes away from the playoff atmosphere when you know the first 2 rounds are going to be against teams youve played before.

Good point, hadn't really thought of it this way. But on the other hand, it can create a better atmosphere, depending on how the regular season matchup went down (i.e. LCC vs Clay County this Friday)
I think the amount of fans that showed up for the first playoff game was a statement in itself. I have never been to a Russell game that there were so few spectators.
Jeepman Wrote:I think the amount of fans that showed up for the first playoff game was a statement in itself. I have never been to a Russell game that there were so few spectators.

I know what you mean SC's fans packed the stands every home game and away game we had the lowest amount of people at a home game all season. I hope we can take everyone we can and get it going up at C.A.M cause we have great fans that support us but they where no where to be found last friday night.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I liked it the old way, but if it where like that some teams would have to make trips of over 150 miles to play a regional opponent. But the old way just seemed better and you got to see a new team, and not the same old team you played two or three weeks ago.
I always hated playing the same team. I like the old one alot better.
I think the play-off system should be a 4 game post season.

Round 1- District Championship #1 vs #2 team in each district. Rivalry=$$$ game

Round 2- Regional Championship top teams from neighboring districts

Round 3- Semi-Final Championship Top 2 teams from neighboring region in a counter clockwise rotation annually. Paducah Tilghman could play for instance Belfry or Breathitt Co on the rotation and Say Russell could play Louisville Central one year and Belfry the next. These game would be played at Neutral sites.

Round 4 State Championship East vs West on odd years North vs South on even years.
I think that the site should be neutral, and it gives no one the edge of home field. Better play hard everytime, play hard or go home. The 4 game post season was how it use to be, I think. You had 4 games to get there. 83= Belfry, Breathitt, Cooner- State championship.
Romans 14:11
It is written: " 'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will confess to God.' "
BasketBallonlyfan Wrote:I think the top two teams out of each district should make the playoffs. Then let the number 1 seed play a number 2 seed from a different district. With as a lot of the districts having 4 teams, let the playoffs mean something again.
I agree 100%. Wow we have finaly agreed on something this week LOL!!!!Wink