Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Could Johnson County become another Mercer County, WHAT IF?
Benchwarmer Wrote:Devilologist, when you know that you have done something wrong, you have to hide the truth.

I fail to see the error in my post.... The stats that are listed in the program made by the KHSAA for the state game states the wrong numbers for the school. They only indicate the numbers for the Mercer Co. school not the Harrodsburg scholl combined MC.
Romans 14:11
It is written: " 'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will confess to God.' "
money$ Wrote:Take a look at the rivalry of Paintsville vs Central the past 20 years and get back to me! Paintsville should be in Rupp this year and next! The two schools don't like each other. Not gonna happen plus they would be playing up. Mercer would not have won 2A and Harrodsburg wouldn't have won 1A. A big 3A school has a Huge advantage over a 2A school much like a Trinity would over JC when they were 4A. It just isn't fair.
Forget the past 20 years and look at the past five. Paintsville SHOULD be in Rupp. But I doubt they have it in them to do it. I could be wrong though. Just because they don't like each other doesn't mean they wouldn't consolidate them. Look at Dorton and Virgie, now they hated each other. Now they are together at Shelby Valley. Paintsville IS on the steady decline. Get used to it or get some of your kids back from Central. Hahahahaha.
Devilologist, I was agreeing with you. The KHSAA new they made a mistake and tried to hide it.
TRAIN85 Wrote:Forget the past 20 years and look at the past five. Paintsville SHOULD be in Rupp. But I doubt they have it in them to do it. I could be wrong though. Just because they don't like each other doesn't mean they wouldn't consolidate them. Look at Dorton and Virgie, now they hated each other. Now they are together at Shelby Valley. Paintsville IS on the steady decline. Get used to it or get some of your kids back from Central. Hahahahaha.
Congrats on your 2 good seasons. Do it for as long as others in the area have and I might respect you. I'm glad you pointed out Pville getting kids back from Central. It seems they have done a great job of pulling kids from neighboring schools as of late..... let's see Paintsville, Lawrence Co, didn't they just get Magoffins best upcoming talent too? Stuff like that will get you in trouble over time!
:dontthink What if Johnson Central and Paintsville merged, then Belfry and Pikeville merged and kicked the crap out of them?
money$ Wrote:Congrats on your 2 good seasons. Do it for as long as others in the area have and I might respect you. I'm glad you pointed out Pville getting kids back from Central. It seems they have done a great job of pulling kids from neighboring schools as of late..... let's see Paintsville, Lawrence Co, didn't they just get Magoffins best upcoming talent too? Stuff like that will get you in trouble over time!
They aren't my 2 god seasons because I don't go to JC or Paintsville for that matter. Just because someone post their opinion about something doesn't always mean that they are close in on the topic. This was just my opinion, obviously you didn't like it and obviously I don't care.
jetpilot Wrote::dontthink What if Johnson Central and Paintsville merged, then Belfry and Pikeville merged and kicked the crap out of them?
If Pikeville and Belfry were to merge they wouldn't be a football powerhouse or anything. Hahahahaha. That was sarcasm for you who didn't pick up on it.
[QUOTE=OK2NV]It wasn't fair, but you have to play who you have to play. After watching Mercer Co. play in the finals I have to wonder just how many district they could have won in any 3a district. Maybe a couple but not many.[/QUOTE

You people keep talking about how Mercer played in the Finals, Mercer played A team in Russell that IMO could play with Just about any one in the State,
And got lucky and Won.
bricklayer Wrote:[QUOTE=OK2NV]It wasn't fair, but you have to play who you have to play. After watching Mercer Co. play in the finals I have to wonder just how many district they could have won in any 3a district. Maybe a couple but not many.[/QUOTE

You people keep talking about how Mercer played in the Finals, Mercer played A team in Russell that IMO could play with Just about any one in the State,
And got lucky and Won.
I'm glad they won and I'm from EKY. It also helps I won $50 on the game from a guy from Ashland.
TRAIN85 Wrote:I think they should get rid of Paintsville. They get worse each year with smaller numbers. Consolidation would be the best thing for both schools.

:ChairHit: I am jc grad, fan, and I love to beat paintsville; however that is the most ridiculous post i have read. Just because a school has a couple of bad years in football, doesn't mean they should close the school. If that was the case they would have locked the doors at central long ago.
The possible consolidation of JC and Paintsville is light years different than the consolidation of Mercer and Harrodsburg.

Harrodsburg was loaded with talent and a # of good quality players. Paintsville on the other hand, has possible only 2 players that could make an immediate impact, and that would be Corey Humphery as a wideout and Nehemiah Doderer in the secondary. Other than that, Paintsvilles players would just add to the roster. Not going to make JC a front runner for a State Title.
Sure why not. They could be. All they have to do is drop a couple classes then you will have yourself the next Mercer County
JC wont be Mercer. Mercer was bigger than all the other schoos in their class Jc will be next to last in school size so I dont think that there will be any chance of that but JC will stand a chance at running deep in '07
Coach Cline Wrote:i dont get how mercer pulled that off will someone enlighten me on how exactly a 4A school can play 2A football? Like what was the technicality?

After you find out could you please let us Russell people know because it's boggled our mind for a while now. Then you can let Owensboro Cath, Trigg, Larue, and everyone else Mercer thumped this year know because it makes no sense what's so ever. It comes down to the KHSAA being afraid of a lawsuit that was threaten. They were going to make Mercer play a 10 game schedule with no playoffs but the glory hungry at any cost officials of Mercer brought up a possible lawsuit and the KHSAA bowed to their knees. It worked like a charm for Mercer. The folks of Mercer say " What were we supposed to do, we didn't merge until June and the schedule was already made?" What a coincidence? Well, they should have waited to merge until they could have been realigned into their proper class. According to Mercer folk, the merge has been talked about for years now, so why did they wait so late to merge? You can figure that one out. They completely manipulated the KHSAA and it worked, the KHSAA broke like a twig. I don't blame Mercer County or the kids in any way, I do however think it's a bit classless on the Mercer officials for doing this but it's the KHSAA's fault for allowing them to get away with it. It's a true shame because it cost a true 2A school a championship and it probably would have been Russell. They were the best 2A team in the state.
Kayaker Wrote:The possible consolidation of JC and Paintsville is light years different than the consolidation of Mercer and Harrodsburg.

Harrodsburg was loaded with talent and a # of good quality players. Paintsville on the other hand, has possible only 2 players that could make an immediate impact, and that would be Corey Humphery as a wideout and Nehemiah Doderer in the secondary. Other than that, Paintsvilles players would just add to the roster. Not going to make JC a front runner for a State Title.

Very true, the Harrodsburg players were the stars of the Mercer team. If I remember correctly, 5 of 7 of Mercer County's All-Area players were from Harrodsburg and I believe everyone of the players that were named to All-State teams (or Honorable mention) were from Harrodsburg. No way would Mercer have won it all without the merge, they probably would have been a good 2A team but not an elite team like a Belfry, Russell, Owensboro Cath, Corbin, Western, Middlesboro, ect.
TRAIN85 Wrote:[QUOTE=bricklayer]
I'm glad they won and I'm from EKY. It also helps I won $50 on the game from a guy from Ashland.

Thanks for supporting our local teams. :dontthink You would think you would want an area team to do well but I guess some people could care less about their community. Hope you bought something nice with your 50 bucks.:Clap:
Ref Devil Wrote:[QUOTE=TRAIN85]

Thanks for supporting our local teams. :dontthink You would think you would want an area team to do well but I guess some people could care less about their community. Hope you bought something nice with your 50 bucks.:Clap:

He is still mad that Russell beat Belfry. Further proof that every school has at least one.
FBALL Wrote:[QUOTE=Ref Devil]

He is still mad that Russell beat Belfry. Further proof that every school has at least one.

I know I'm always rooting for the team that beat my team to win it all and especially if it's Belfry. I've got nothing but respect for the Pirates and their program and I know many Belfry folk feel the same way about Russell. One disgruntled and bitter fan can't ruin the classy rivalry that Belfry and Russell have become. You are right FBALL, Every school has at least a few fans that lack a bit of class.
Kayaker Wrote:The possible consolidation of JC and Paintsville is light years different than the consolidation of Mercer and Harrodsburg.

This is where we really disagree!!! Humphrey IMO would be better suited at the corner with Doderererer getting touches on offense.
Paintsville's D this past year would have looked like this for me.
DE Casey Brown
DE Justin Meek
T Brandon Hensley, Kevin Osborne
T Robert O'brian, Billy Slone, Clay Blanton
NG J.J. Hensley
LB Kyle Sublett
LB Bucky Bailey
C Daniel Pugh
C Corey Humpfrey
FS Tyler Deaton
SS Shane Cantrell
Cody Reynolds (if had stayed healthy) would have been everywhere!!! DE T NG LB.
JMO, but T would have been my only weak spot, but I would have them getting in different positions the whole game, Heads up, inside gap out side gap, pinching the C all sorts of different things. If I was pretty sure the offense was going to run to a certain side....I might even have both Ts on that side, and bring my SS up to another LB to fill the void!
Nope....my son would not have been starting at corner for me. Heck....he probably wouldn't have played for me and just run cross country!
Actually....I kinda like my D.....I would have still had players like Pat Butcher, Hunter Preston, Bryan Walker Jake Cyrus, Nehemimer Doderererer and others to get plenty of reps and change up the D somewhat, but this would be my main D.
If Paintsville would have had Matney at the helm the past 3 years....Paintsville could very well have won state in '05 and been extremely dangerous in '04 and '06.
They would also have owned JC 5 years in a row! The man makes that much difference!
I really don't see a merge coming at all.
but if they did....royal, black and silver would be awesome!!!
of course the name would have to be Paintsville, but the mascot could be anything but an Eagle.
FBALL Wrote:[QUOTE=Ref Devil]

You are wrong again. I could have cared less if Belfry won. I would have liked to have seen Belfry win but it is no skin off my neck.
money$ Wrote:Take a look at the rivalry of Paintsville vs Central the past 20 years and get back to me! Paintsville should be in Rupp this year and next! The two schools don't like each other. Not gonna happen plus they would be playing up. Mercer would not have won 2A and Harrodsburg wouldn't have won 1A. A big 3A school has a Huge advantage over a 2A school much like a Trinity would over JC when they were 4A. It just isn't fair.

You're exactly right.
TRAIN85 Wrote:[QUOTE=FBALL]
You are wrong again. I could have cared less if Belfry won. I would have liked to have seen Belfry win but it is no skin off my neck.

I don't know about the again part. But in this case I was wrong. I was thinking you were a different member of BGR. Sorry about the mistake in identity.

Still I would think that you would "root for the team closest to home". Pretty petty.
FBALL Wrote:[QUOTE=TRAIN85]

I don't know about the again part. But in this case I was wrong. I was thinking you were a different member of BGR. Sorry about the mistake in identity.

Still I would think that you would "root for the team closest to home". Pretty petty.

You would think, wouldn't you?
noway..theyre losing too many
JC wont be another mercer but nonetheless they will be dominant.
JC will good, dominant in their new district will be a tough task.
The Guru Wrote:If Paintsville would have had Matney at the helm the past 3 years....Paintsville could very well have won state in '05 and been extremely dangerous in '04 and '06.
They would also have owned JC 5 years in a row! The man makes that much difference!
I really don't see a merge coming at all.
but if they did....royal, black and silver would be awesome!!!
of course the name would have to be Paintsville, but the mascot could be anything but an Eagle.
Here's a few thoughts about the name, mascot and school colors the name
could be either Johnson County H.S., Eagleville H.S., Johnsonville H.S. or Paint Central H.S. and the mascot could be CatBirds or Golden Tigers and the school colors could be Black, Blue, Gold and White or Gold and Blue
Old School Wrote:Here's a few thoughts about the name, mascot and school colors the name
could be either Johnson County H.S., Eagleville H.S., Johnsonville H.S. or Paint Central H.S. and the mascot could be CatBirds or Golden Tigers and the school colors could be Black, Blue, Gold and White or Gold and Blue

Never!!! LOL!!!
Can't say Johnson anywhere, can't have eagle involved in any way!!! Can't go with gold even as an accent!
But keep coming up with more!!
The Guru Wrote:Never!!! LOL!!!
Can't say Johnson anywhere, can't have eagle involved in any way!!! Can't go with gold even as an accent!
But keep coming up with more!!

:thatsfunn