Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Belfry 2022
Aug 19 vs. Pulaski County
Aug 26 vs. Bourbon County (Pike County Bowl)
Sep 2 @ Lexington Christian Academy
Sep 9 vs. Central
Sep 16 @ Pikeville
Sep 23 @ Magoffin County (D)
Sep 30 vs. Floyd Central (D)
Oct 7 - BYE
Oct 14 @ Lawrence County (D)
Oct 21 vs. Pike County Central (D)
Oct 28 @ Johnson Central
Good schedule as always. They face 3-4 teams that can make runs to Kroger Field.
5-5
Hey bucslover, fill us in on this years version of the pride of Pond Creek. Anxious to get to see them in action. I really like a couple of their young players.
Belfry will be Belfry by years end. Anytime you lose Mr.Football there is a drop. They return 2 good full backs and QB spot is in question. Defense returning multiple starters. Now to make Pond creek mad. Pass defense will be the are of contention. If you wish to beat them throw the football.
(04-20-2022, 02:56 PM)Truewords Wrote: Belfry will be Belfry by years end. Anytime you lose Mr.Football there is a drop. They return 2 good full backs and QB spot is in question. Defense returning multiple starters. Now to make Pond creek mad. Pass defense will be the are of contention. If you wish to beat them throw the football.
Young secondary coming up with a world of potential but not much HS experience. Lots of MS experience making deep runs, but the speed of the game is different at the HS level. TONS OF POTENTIAL in the secondary going forward though.

(04-20-2022, 02:56 PM)Truewords Wrote: Belfry will be Belfry by years end. Anytime you lose Mr.Football there is a drop. They return 2 good full backs and QB spot is in question. Defense returning multiple starters. Now to make Pond creek mad. Pass defense will be the are of contention. If you wish to beat them throw the football.
Will probably resemble the Austin Hatfield years just with rotating fullbacks probably. But TONS of fullback dominated drives I would say. And depending on who ultimately is the QB maybe a few more passes sprinkled in.
I know they return Dotson and Spears on the line but is there more that I’m forgetting? I know they have some good young lineman as well that were big middle school kids but not sure they’d be ready for the high school level just yet. Although I’ve been wrong before…..once……lol.
(04-20-2022, 05:44 PM)Micro-Brew Wrote: I know they return Dotson and Spears on the line but is there more that I’m forgetting? I know they have some good young lineman as well that were big middle school kids but not sure they’d be ready for the high school level just yet. Although I’ve been wrong before…..once……lol.
Return Varney and Hensley both have seen significant time in the past on the O-line. I-line should be a strength of the 2022 team.

(04-21-2022, 12:07 AM)irishcard16 Wrote:
(04-20-2022, 05:44 PM)Micro-Brew Wrote: I know they return Dotson and Spears on the line but is there more that I’m forgetting? I know they have some good young lineman as well that were big middle school kids but not sure they’d be ready for the high school level just yet. Although I’ve been wrong before…..once……lol.
Return Varney and Hensley both have seen significant time in the past on the O-line. I-line should be a strength of the 2022 team.
And Stacy as well.

And Stacy as well.
The o-line a strength for the team, hell when isn’t it a strength. Belfry could have the worst Oline in 20 years of the program and still dominate up front against 95 percent of teams in the state.
Coach Tackett does a great job. They’ll def be ready by playoff time up front.
I used to have to listen to this all the time so now the shoe is on the other foot...If Belfry loses to Pikeville yet again can we even consider it a rivalry anymore? Asking for a friend lol...Belfry needs to step or or drop Pikeville and pick up Shelby Valley...
(04-22-2022, 12:49 AM)jetpilot Wrote: I used to have to listen to this all the time so now the shoe is on the other foot...If Belfry loses to Pikeville yet again can we even consider it a rivalry anymore? Asking for a friend lol...Belfry needs to step or or drop Pikeville and pick up Shelby Valley...
4 in a row would be considerably less than what was it? 17 in a row with most of those being running clocks? 

yes I took the bait I know. Lol
(04-22-2022, 01:13 AM)irishcard16 Wrote:
(04-22-2022, 12:49 AM)jetpilot Wrote: I used to have to listen to this all the time so now the shoe is on the other foot...If Belfry loses to Pikeville yet again can we even consider it a rivalry anymore? Asking for a friend lol...Belfry needs to step or or drop Pikeville and pick up Shelby Valley...
4 in a row would be considerably less than what was it? 17 in a row with most of those being running clocks? 

Will Belfry keep the rivalry going or no? And Pikeville wins most athletic contests vs 3A Belfry. I took the bait too everyone from both schools does lol
(04-22-2022, 01:34 AM)jetpilot Wrote:

Will Belfry keep the rivalry going or no? And Pikeville wins most athletic contests vs 3A Belfry. I took the bait too everyone from both schools does lol
Enrollment is A LOT close than you like to make it sound by boasting us as a 3A.

The real question is will we be in the same district when we are both 2a?
(04-22-2022, 01:37 AM)irishcard16 Wrote:

Enrollment is A LOT close than you like to make it sound by boasting us as a 3A.

We can only pray for the day.
6-4 or 7-3.

0- Line - return 2 really good guys in Spears and Varney and a kid that improved by leaps in bounds in Dotson. Who plays the other 2 spots? Hensley has the most potential but has never played a full season. Stacy? Wolford and Whitt the freshmen even close to ready?

QB - Woolum got better, Hylton is back plus the kid from Chapmanville. Varney(freshmen) ready? That’s 4 potential guys. If 1 of other 3 are ready, does Woolum get moved to HB?

RB - 4 FB return. Hatfield, Copley, Stanley, and Young. Only 2 of those could move to HB and that’s Copley and Stanley. Copley going to be healed up? Long ready? Do they move Woolum here? Rash? Hylton if he can’t play QB? One of the freshmen Caudill, Varney, or Burke?

WR - does it matter? Burke is a stud, but will/can they throw it. Not likely.

D-line - Spears is back. Varney played some, and then? Baldwin(freshmen) ready? Stacy?

DE - Stanley and Brown return, Blackwell possibly coming back? Hurley? Hylton play here? Hurley?

LB - Young and Copley and? Hylton?

CB - Long returns. Then Hylton? Varney? Woolum? Caudill? Burke?

S - William returns. Then Hurley?

Lots of questions, lots of kids playing both ways. Lots of possibly relying on freshmen or kids that didn’t play here last year or at all.
I honestly look for Belfry to open up the offense some more this season. They have some kids coming in and a freshman that can sling the football around.
(05-09-2022, 10:21 PM)BlackcatAlum Wrote: I honestly look for Belfry to open up the offense some more this season. They have some kids coming in and a freshman that can sling the football around.
I think so too. Very fullback dominant which is what our offense is predicated around anyway. Sprinkle in a little option and outside run. And some pass. Should be diverse or at least can be diverse.
(05-09-2022, 10:21 PM)BlackcatAlum Wrote: I honestly look for Belfry to open up the offense some more this season. They have some kids coming in and a freshman that can sling the football around.

if by open it up you mean pass anywhere near a balanced offense, I find that highly unlikely. Some people don’t like it but Belfry does what Belfry does…run the ball and they do it damn good. They have won a bunch of championships and have thrown the ball less than 4 times per game over the last decade. I can’t imagine them throwing the ball anywhere even near 10 times per game next year even if Dan Marino was the QB.

By sling the football around you mean a toss sweep?
[-] The following 2 users Like pjdoug's post:
  • fansville, Westside
(04-22-2022, 01:37 AM)irishcard16 Wrote:

I am not sure the world is ready for a Pikeville/Belfry Playoff game.
(05-09-2022, 10:49 PM)fansville Wrote:

if by open it up you mean pass anywhere near a balanced offense, I find that highly unlikely. Some people don’t like it but Belfry does what Belfry does…run the ball and they do it damn good. They have won a bunch of championships and have thrown the ball less than 4 times per game over the last decade. I can’t imagine them throwing the ball anywhere even near 10 times per game next year even if Dan Marino was the QB.

(05-09-2022, 10:53 PM)pjdoug Wrote:

By sling the football around you mean a toss sweep?

I know it middle school ball is a lot different than varsity ball, but BMS 8th grade team threw the ball well and spread out the offense under Bogar. I know they aren't going to abandon their traditional offense, but they'll have a few guys capable of being able to air it out if need be.
[-] The following 2 users Like BlackcatAlum's post:
  • fansville, pjdoug
Heard some sirens heading north on 119 today. I think it’s the transfer police heading towards Belfry. King Commodore is on the motorcycle with Dean of Dorton riding in the sidecar reminiscent of Barney Fife with Goober.
Citizens Arrest! Citizens Arrest!
Look out Pond Creek, the Bad Boys are on their way
(05-25-2022, 04:43 PM)Micro-Brew Wrote: Heard some sirens heading north on 119 today. I think it’s the transfer police heading towards Belfry. King Commodore is on the motorcycle with Dean of Dorton riding in the sidecar reminiscent of Barney Fife with Goober.
Citizens Arrest! Citizens Arrest!
Look out Pond Creek,  the Bad Boys are on their way
Yep he better come on over and arrest the middle school bunch. They got 3 of them today from across the river. Probably signed them to NIL deals lol
Big Grin
By playoff time Belfry will be Belfry. The front half of the schedule is loaded. This will prepare the Pirates for the playoffs. In true Belfry form, I think they will put it all together and make another run to Lexington by years end.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Things have been pretty quiet on Pond Creek. What’s the word on our Pirates? The next Four years should be very good for the Belfry faithful.
(07-20-2022, 09:44 PM)OutlawJoseyWales Wrote: Things have been pretty quiet on Pond Creek.  What’s the word on our Pirates?    The next Four years should be very good for the Belfry faithful.
Shhhhhhhh lets keep it that way. Lol
Do they play 7v7 tonight in Hazard? If so I’m running by as I work in that area tonight? .
(07-21-2022, 01:55 PM)RTruth Wrote: Do they play 7v7 tonight in Hazard? If so I’m running by as I work in that area tonight? .
Yes Perry central