•  Previous
  • 18(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2019 Class A Favorites From The East
I'm just messing with Jet anyway. However, I do remember a few on here talking about recruiting. Pikeville has probably recruited harder this year than any team in the state. If you say it hasn't happened, you are in denial. Not saying any coaches have recruited, (Coach Mac is a good man), but a few dads have really gone above and beyond to make it happen. Kudos to them to be able to get away with it. They will be very athletic this year. And with the addition of 3 or 4 lineman this year, they'll be tough next few years.
If I was Josiewales and Budsqueezer I would pick on someone else besides Jet that’s a no win for you guys. Don’t you guys love your teams or are you just haters of Jet’s. Everyone on (well almost all)here love their teams and have watched them for a long time and know what they have returning and in most cases are enthusiastic about it and that’s the way it should be. Plus the true fans know they lost some exceptional talent as they do about every year. With hard work some overcome the loss but some may have a let down because the next class wasn’t as talented. It’s all about the young men playing to put in the work and execute to their potential to make their team the best it can be. How that works out is yet to be seen but it’s getting closer that we will see. Do I think (and I am a Pikeville fan) Pikeville is unbeatable no I do not and I haven’t read on here where anyone said that, but if they play hard and execute they will be hard to beat. There are a lot of good teams in the east and I will bet they will not be playing Pikeville to lose. It’s going to be a battle in the east as always but as always GO PANTHERS!!!
If parents and players reach out and try to get kids to come to their school, I dont think there is Any issue w that. Pikeville has some incredible facilities and that's a big deal these days.
Josiewales Wrote:I'm just messing with Jet anyway. However, I do remember a few on here talking about recruiting. Pikeville has probably recruited harder this year than any team in the state. If you say it hasn't happened, you are in denial. Not saying any coaches have recruited, (Coach Mac is a good man), but a few dads have really gone above and beyond to make it happen. Kudos to them to be able to get away with it. They will be very athletic this year. And with the addition of 3 or 4 lineman this year, they'll be tough next few years.

Pikeville is no different than any other school. You got the athletic facilities, the jobs, and most of all the education available,then they're going to come. If a young student athlete wants to better themselves, then they want to go to where they can do that. Pikeville football is a growing program and some student athletes want to be part of that. It's that simple.
Pikeville practice, WOW!

https://twitter.com/mudman_1/status/1151694092566503426
jetpilot Wrote:Pikeville practice, WOW!

https://twitter.com/mudman_1/status/1151694092566503426

Wow is right jp. Thanks for posting this.:Thumbs:
Serious question...how close are they to competing in 2A?
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:Injury filled?!?! Bite your tounge!!! 😂
Injury free it should have said. Darn autocorrect and not reading my post bit me in the arse that time. Injury FREE, guys! Wasn’t wishing anyone harm. Lol

Now, on to football again. Heard Pikeville finished in the top 4 at the EKU 7v7?
Josiewales Wrote:Serious question...how close are they to competing in 2A?
I believe the last realignment adjustment had them in the top 4 or 5 schools enrollment-wise for 1A. So they were real close. But I believe the actually dropped down vs where they were in the previous adjustment.
PHSForever Wrote:Injury free it should have said. Darn autocorrect and not reading my post bit me in the arse that time. Injury FREE, guys! Wasn’t wishing anyone harm. Lol

Now, on to football again. Heard Pikeville finished in the top 4 at the EKU 7v7?
Who competed?
pjdoug Wrote:Who competed?

There’s a thread on here that states the final four was West Carter, Waggener, Pikeville, and Tate’s Creek.

Waggener beat West and Tate’s Creek beat Pikeville.

There were a number of 4A, 5A, and 6A teams there.
Paintsville will give the Panthers all they want. Much betterQB for the Tigers and with the addition of Keeton @ WR it will b an interesting 3rd game of season with Panthers travel to the Ville
Budsqueezer Wrote:Paintsville will give the Panthers all they want. Much betterQB for the Tigers and with the addition of Keeton @ WR it will b an interesting 3rd game of season with Panthers travel to the Ville

Keeton?
Budsqueezer Wrote:Paintsville will give the Panthers all they want. Much betterQB for the Tigers and with the addition of Keeton @ WR it will b an interesting 3rd game of season with Panthers travel to the Ville

Who is the much better QB? To put Keeton into context Pikeville has 4 or more better receivers.
I think Pikeville will be the much better team but they will have to prove it.
This game will be important because of seeding.
I will only make one prediction for 2019. No Class A team will come to Pikeville and win. So getting top seed is important.
Hyden over 20 starts @ varsity level and coach's son @ Pikeville has 0. Yes I give edge to Tiger QB!!
Budsqueezer Wrote:Hyden over 20 starts @ varsity level and coach's son @ Pikeville has 0. Yes I give edge to Tiger QB!!

Bless your heart aren't you in for a shock!Confusednicker:
Pikeville will have receivers open all over the field vs. Paintsville and McNamee will hit them...
A stat the NFL values highly: last year McNamee 11 yds/attempt Hyden 8 yds/attempt.
Also Hyden completed 3 passes for 12 years and no TDs and an interception vs. Pikeville last year. He did run the ball well. He is a good player and I like the way he plays but Paintsville will not have any advantage at the QB position.
^^If Paintsville does beat Pikeville it will be because of superior line play. I have no idea how the lines will stack up but Pikeville is 5x better at the skill positions as a whole.
We shall see PilotJet
I've seen u look like a fool on her before Jet, not impossible it could happen again!!!
bac2369 Wrote:Keeton?

Who is this? I know Christian Keeton graduated.
His brother Nick
Budsqueezer Wrote:His brother Nick

In coming freshmen?
bac2369 Wrote:In coming freshmen?

He’s a junior I believe. A great athlete. I’ve heard their sister is transferring back to Lawrence County. Wonder if this is true if the brother goes back to LC also?
Budsqueezer Wrote:I've seen u look like a fool on her before Jet, not impossible it could happen again!!!

I'm a genius picking Paintsville to not win it all every year! Never been wrong once!:flame:
Budsqueezer Wrote:We shall see PilotJet

Yes it will be a fun year Squeezerbud:popcorn:
BTW people were saying J Allen and Williams were going to be Golden Eagles this year. I never believed it though. Are both of them practicing with the Tigers?
If this Keeton kid is a junior why has he not played? I think it would be awesome to play with your brother on a team.
Budsqueezer Wrote:Hyden over 20 starts @ varsity level and coach's son @ Pikeville has 0. Yes I give edge to Tiger QB!!

Just saw this
https://twitter.com/DavidandDarryl/statu...1256862722
Keeton will be a senior this year. He hasn’t played football any in high school. Don’t know if he played in junior high or not.
You've been squeezing too many Buds.
  •  Previous
  • 18(current)
  • Next