•  Previous
  • 5(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2019 Class A Favorites From The East
pjdoug Wrote:He recruits and still can't win a championship :biggrin:. He drinks and gambles and is just an overall bad influence. I only drink beer, and I keep my phone charged, so I'm the better choice. I'm also probably one of the best offensive coordinators on Tecmo Bowl in the world So I recognize where I need to get the ball to.

No matter what Jett says...Bo Jackson doesn’t play for Pikeville so letting Bo run the ball 60 times isn’t gonna be a option for you as the Pikeville OC Hahahah
PHSForever Wrote:Truth. Coach Johnson has told the team at the beginning of the season. No, no idea whom Mac will promote up to call plays next year.

Heard from a VERY reliable source that the promotion will be done “In House”.
RAMDAD50 Wrote:No matter what Jett says...Bo Jackson doesn’t play for Pikeville so letting Bo run the ball 60 times isn’t gonna be a option for you as the Pikeville OC Hahahah
Confusednicker:
64SUR Wrote:64SUR is walking the hall of 5A Whitley County looking for some 1A players, Help is coming to 1A Williamsburg. :Cheerlead

I'm gonna report you to NCAA and shut your recruiting down.
Patriot1 Wrote:Now 64 SUR you can recruit for anyone but not Williamsburg that’s the competition

He recruited for Williamsburg long enough for them to lose to Mayfield twice.
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:Heard from a VERY reliable source that the promotion will be done “In House”.
That's what I figured. Mac has the staff in place to do that. Very excited to see for sure whom it is, should be real interesting next year!
Year 3 of the Dave Brausch Way.

Year 3 of his wisdom. His wit.

Year 3 of his grueling off season program that turns boys into men.

Year 3 of the best defensive coordinator in the state, also named Braunschweig!

The favorite is coming through Brooksville. And they’ll go home crying.

[Image: http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/forum/att...1545115836]
MikeHonchoLives Wrote:Year 3 of the Dave Brausch Way.

Year 3 of getting running clocked by any team with a pulse

mediocre at best.
It’s a two dog race between Pikeville and Raceland every year.
kdawg90 Wrote:It’s a two dog race between Pikeville and Raceland every year.

Yeah Raceland has had a cupcake walk to the semifinals the past two years. Going to Paintsville and winning is pretty simple task. And I'm also sure it was simple for Pikeville to go to Hazard and beat them in 2017.

Pikeville is the favorite.

Raceland and Paintsville will have 2 epic games again next season and the winner will have a chance against Pikeville.
Like I said boys...way to early in the recruiting season to know anything

Year 3 of a second round running clock.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Feel good about Paintsville. 3 year starter at QB. Home run hitter in Williams, several other athletes to contribute, Phelps, and company.

Defense will have big holes to fill but since Chirico took over, when has Paintsville not played good to great defense? Outside of Pikeville 2014 (regular season) and Freddie D this year, Paintsville has played defense well enough to win almost every game. Defense will be fine.
2000PHS Wrote:Feel good about Paintsville. 3 year starter at QB. Home run hitter in Williams, several other athletes to contribute, Phelps, and company.

Defense will have big holes to fill but since Chirico took over, when has Paintsville not played good to great defense? Outside of Pikeville 2014 (regular season) and Freddie D this year, Paintsville has played defense well enough to win almost every game. Defense will be fine.
And Pikeville 2018 game too. Just sayin' regarding your point on defense. Lol
2000PHS Wrote:Feel good about Paintsville. 3 year starter at QB. Home run hitter in Williams, several other athletes to contribute, Phelps, and company.

And Pikeville in 2018
4everUK Wrote:And Pikeville in 2018

We weren’t going to win that game but it was 21-7 going into the 4th. The other 2 games I mentioned were over at 6:30pm. (No that’s not a typo).
2000PHS Wrote:We weren’t going to win that game but it was 21-7 going into the 4th. The other 2 games I mentioned were over at 6:30pm. (No that’s not a typo).

That’s true but on the first series Pikeville was driving and on the about 14 they had a botched snap and Paintsville recovered and Pikeville dropped a touchdown pass in the end zone and the defense had nothing to do with either and the score could have been maybe 35 to 7 going into the 4th. But I do believe Paintsville and Raceland both have alittle head start with both retuning their starting quarterbacks. Pikeville has a very talented quarterback coming up but he is a sophomore and he got some playing time with the varsity this year and don’t know what Hazard has coming up at that position. Williamsburg is another one that returns a lot of their team plus a good quarterback. All these teams in the east lost some talented players but it’s who works in the off season who will win these games. Plus let’s not leave RAMDAD50 out with who gets the best recruits, just kidding but as always GO PANTHERS!!!
^Paintsville was never in the 2018 game, could have easily been 45-7 or worse.
You can add the 2015 playoff game to Pikeville dominating the Paintsville defense. You can argue Kash could have made it closer but Paintsville had no answer for the Pikeville running game or passing game in that one.

Pikeville will be better at QB RB and defense. Just one guy's opinion.
^^To be clear I mean better than Paintsville at those positions.
Gotcha
jetpilot Wrote:^Paintsville was never in the 2018 game, could have easily been 45-7 or worse.
You can add the 2015 playoff game to Pikeville dominating the Paintsville defense. You can argue Kash could have made it closer but Paintsville had no answer for the Pikeville running game or passing game in that one.

Yeah I’m going to argue that the 2015 Mr. Football would have made a difference lol
2000PHS Wrote:Yeah I’m going to argue that the 2015 Mr. Football would have made a difference lol

Also, the point I was making is Paintsville has had a defense capable of playing with anyone in the East since 2014.

Now if you all would rather argue that 21-17 at the half and 21-7 going into the 4th are the same as 1st half running clocks we can lol
2000PHS Wrote:Also, the point I was making is Paintsville has had a defense capable of playing with anyone in the East since 2014.

Now if you all would rather argue that 21-17 at the half and 21-7 going into the 4th are the same as 1st half running clocks we can lol

Two great plays on special teams (K Phelps kickoff return TD and a 50+ yard FG) kept Paintsville in the 2015 game for a while, not their defense. Pikeville rushed for 401 yards in that game and passed for 3 TDs as well. They crushed the Paintsville defense.

Again, I never thought Paintsville was in the 2018 game but if they were, it was because their offense dominated time of possession by grinding out first downs with short gains on the ground and kept the Pikeville offense off the field. Paintsville ran 62 plays in the game to only 33 for Pikeville. But Pikeville again crushed the Paintsville defense by gaining 459 yards on their 33 plays, or almost 14 yards per snap on offense.

So the two games we are talking about Pikeville goes for 40 pts/game, 667 rushing yards on 78 carries (8.6 yards/carry) and is 22-31 for 314 yards passing with 5TDs and no interceptions.

I would love to see these numbers against the top teams in 1A from now on.
jetpilot Wrote:Two great plays on special teams (K Phelps kickoff return TD and a 50+ yard FG) kept Paintsville in the 2015 game for a while, not their defense. Pikeville rushed for 401 yards in that game and passed for 3 TDs as well. They crushed the Paintsville defense.

Again, I never thought Paintsville was in the 2018 game but if they were, it was because their offense dominated time of possession by grinding out first downs with short gains on the ground and kept the Pikeville offense off the field. Paintsville ran 62 plays in the game to only 33 for Pikeville. But Pikeville again crushed the Paintsville defense by gaining 459 yards on their 33 plays, or almost 14 yards per snap on offense.

So the two games we are talking about Pikeville goes for 40 pts/game, 667 rushing yards on 78 carries (8.6 yards/carry) and is 22-31 for 314 yards passing with 5TDs and no interceptions.

Now factor in the Kash Daniel effect in 2015 (Paintsville learned he wasn’t playing at about 4:30 on Friday) that’s a huge psychological hurdle to get over...and the two weeks Pikeville had to prepare this year while Paintsville had just been destroyed by Fred Douglas. Pikeville was the better team but they also were playing Paintsville at the perfect time.

Kash would have no doubt lowered these numbers on defense and also kept the chains moving and kept Pikeville O off the field more.

I still stand behind the thought that running clocks in the first half are worse than 21-17 at the half and 21-7 going into the 4th. We had a punchers chance in those games. The ones I mentioned were 1st round early KOs.
2000PHS Wrote:Now factor in the Kash Daniel effect in 2015 (Paintsville learned he wasn’t playing at about 4:30 on Friday) that’s a huge psychological hurdle to get over...and the two weeks Pikeville had to prepare this year while Paintsville had just been destroyed by Fred Douglas. Pikeville was the better team but they also were playing Paintsville at the perfect time.

Kash would have no doubt lowered these numbers on defense and also kept the chains moving and kept Pikeville O off the field more.

I still stand behind the thought that running clocks in the first half are worse than 21-17 at the half and 21-7 going into the 4th. We had a punchers chance in those games. The ones I mentioned were 1st round early KOs.

I agree with you on the running clocks. I am looking at Paintsville solely as a 1A contender now. Those running clocks seem like 100 years ago. That's giving Paintsville the highest props. But as for playing Paintsville at the perfect time we can disagree on what ifs. Who knows what would have happened in 2015 but Pikeville won it all and Paintsville wasn't going to ever win in 2018 if the teams played every week.
jetpilot Wrote:Two great plays on special teams (K Phelps kickoff return TD and a 50+ yard FG) kept Paintsville in the 2015 game for a while, not their defense. Pikeville rushed for 401 yards in that game and passed for 3 TDs as well. They crushed the Paintsville defense.

with an emphasis on the word crushed Confusednicker:
Can you guys keep this up until football season starts again. At least I have something interesting to read. By the way Merry Christmas to all the BGR posters but as always GO PANTHERS!!!
It's always gonna come down to five teams every year that could win the East: Raceland, Pikeville, Paintsville, Hazard & Williamsburg (no particular order). They will always be in the mix. Occasionally someone else could possibly sneak in on a given year.
  •  Previous
  • 5(current)
  • Next