Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ashland Blazer 21 Johnson Central 18
This was Ashland's third win vs. JC in the Matney era @ Putnam stadium.

Winning in 2005 (13-10), 2011 (22-6) & 2017 (21-18).... by a total of 22 points.
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
Wow,wow,wow Congratulation Ashland :worthy::worthy::worthy:
Pulp Fiction Wrote:This was Ashland's second win vs. JC in the Matney era @ Putnam stadium.

Winning in 2005 (13-10) & 2017 (21-18).... by a total of 6 points.

Yep and it feels good. Yes this is a rivalry maybe a lopsided one but it's definitely a rivalry and That Ashland D played hard tonight. The biggest kid on that D is a sophomore at 6'1 and 230. Ashlands other Defensive tackle is Kline at 5'9 185 pounds but they fly around and hit people.
JC will bounce back and remember this lose
Snow Wrote:JC will bounce back and remember this lose
No doubt it won't sit well with the team or Matney!!
T-CATS Wrote:Yep and it feels good. Yes this is a rivalry maybe a lopsided one but it's definitely a rivalry and That Ashland D played hard tonight. The biggest kid on that D is a sophomore at 6'1 and 230. Ashlands other Defensive tackle is Kline at 5'9 185 pounds but hey fly around and hit people.

Ashland's D looked wore out before JC's first fumble in the 4th qtr.

We stopped their O (I think it was a 3 & out) on that possession. We were driving the ball and getting 5-6 yards per carry. Their D looked even more wore out than before, but another fumble recharged their batteries.

Sooner or later somebody was gonna make a big play.... Ashland was able to make the play they needed to.
T-CATS Wrote:No doubt it won't sit well with the team or Matney!!

No it will not
Does JC not have a kicker or was Matney being Matney and trying some new stuff out on us going for 2 every time. End of game 30 yard field goal to tie it also.
Pulp Fiction Wrote:Ashland's D looked wore out before JC's first fumble in the 4th qtr.

We stopped their O (I think it was a 3 & out) on that possession. We were driving the ball and getting 5-6 yards per carry. Their D looked even more wore out than before, but another fumble recharged their batteries.

Sooner or later somebody was gonna make a big play.... Ashland was able to make the play they needed to.
That Ashland D was on the field. A LOT the 2nd half.
This one shocked me..
Texans_99 Wrote:This one shocked me..

Shock the State guess you thought I was joking
Yes JC does have a kicker! I would guess they make 1 out of 5 two point attempts. Extra point attempts is better than the 2 point attempts. Make little since not to go for 1!!
The first round of the playoffs. D7 - District 7. D8 - District 8.
The Highest winning seed will play on their Home field in the 2nd round.

Ashland (D8-1) vs. Holmes (D7-4)
Bourbon County (D7-2) vs. Greenup County (D8-3)

Scott (D7-1) vs. Rowan County (D8-4)
JC (D8-2) vs. Mason County (D7-3)
Great game to watch. Ashland fans should be proud of their young men tonight they fought hard to win this one. I look forward to a possible rematch in the playoffs. Congrats Ashland
You forgot 2011 Putnam Stadium 22-6 They shutdown JJ Jude
Big win for Ashland tonight at Home vs. JC. I don't understand these teams that don't play for the old fashion 1 point extra point kick. Paintsville did the same thing tonight at home vs. Raceland and made 1 out of 5 2-point conversion winning 32-18. Johnson Central did the same thing and if they go for the kick extra point the game is tied 21-21 if they make the 3 extra points. Then when they drove down to 15 at end of game JC could have went for a game winning 30-32 yard FG. Whose to say that JC makes all 3 extra points and also game ending 30 yard FG but still could have went to OT if making the 3 extra points. I just don't understand these teams like JC and Paintsville that score 40 or more points per game and continue to go for 2-point conversions instead of extra point kick. I don't know maybe JC and Paintsville both have horrible kickers and the Head Coach feels more comfortable going for the 2-point conversions but it in the end it can hurt a team and especially a team that is undefeated at 8-0 and had no business losing this game tonight. That is not taking anything away from Ashland tonight because they did play a great game. I just feel teams should go for the old fashion extra point kick.
tomcat4ever Wrote:You forgot 2011 Putnam Stadium 22-6 They shutdown JJ Jude

I corrected my original post.
Like I said JC is a heck of a team and Matney a heck of a coach but Ashland isn't too bad either. They should if they take care of business meet again. Beat If Ashland played Harlen County again it may be a different outcome.
Jc probably fumbled around 5 or 6 times and lost two of them. Ashland had three big plays on offense and that's It. Was a good game by both teams. Thanks to both for making my money count tonight.i think this loss will awake the eagles and win out.
Congrats to Ashland Blazer! It always feels good to knock off the top ranked team!!
Wow! What a game. I'll take my crow fried, please. What a game and what an atmosphere. Fumbles and open receivers killed JC. We made the plays when we had to. Great win tonight CATS!!!
Johnson central kicker out broke leg playing soccer
Jc starting tackle out with cold
Jc quarter back played all night with bad ankle and cramps
Jc starting linebacker out ankle injury
Jc starting running back out with cal
Jc half back played with broken hand
Give Ashland credit number 6 is play maker
Ashland seemed to want the game more
Good game pound for pound Ashland tackled good stuffed the middle runs so congratulations hopefully we can rematch in couple weeks, maybe j c kids will get fired up make good playoff run ,
Ashland is way better than I thought, judging by this outcome. Sounds like a great ball game overall.
eagles2011 Wrote:Johnson central kicker out broke leg playing soccer
Jc starting tackle out with cold
Jc quarter back played all night with bad ankle and cramps
Jc starting linebacker out ankle injury
Jc starting running back out with cal
Jc half back played with broken hand
Give Ashland credit number 6 is play maker
Ashland seemed to want the game more
Good game pound for pound Ashland tackled good stuffed the middle runs so congratulations hopefully we can rematch in couple weeks, maybe j c kids will get fired up make good playoff run ,
No offense but making excuses is not a good look. Every team has injuries this time of the year. Ashland was the better team this particular game.
Ashlands coach said something to the tomcats. He said give JC a reason to hate them. Tony love had the cats ready.
Congratulations to the Tomcats they played with heart and never gave up
Congrats TomCats!!!!! Pass the salt and pepper!!!!!
Tough week in Johnsonville... JC volleyball lost 3 sets to 0 in district tournament play, JC soccer lost 3-0 in regional tournament play and now a 3 point lose for JC football.
I’m just here waiting for the comments to take off. Lol
Great win for the Tomcats . Im not sure Ive ever seen one this big. I have to admit Im shocked! Fun times! JC hasnt played any competition in 4 weeks and I think it shocked them a bit.