Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rockcastle county 51 clay county 0
Final from clay. Rock first two td's came before the offence even touched the ball. Score was 33-0 with 10 minutes to go in the 2nd. 39-0 at half
Awesome! I hope this was injury free.
Did this lock up district for rock?
The Rock pounds the Tiggers. Fear the Rock.
No shock! Hopefully Clay can scratch out another win before the season comes to a close, but I don't look for it. Program seems to be in a steady slide.
I'm happy for those Rock kids. If they can squeak one out against a good Knox team which they haven't in nearly a decade then I'll be really happy for them. That would make them undisputed district champs. The 2011 team won the district, but "backed into" it after they got thumped at Knox and won by tiebreaker points. I'm glad they won that year, but it's a pride thing that made the championship sort of "hollow" to me personally. I can't help but wonder how differently things would have played out if Clark Rowe hadn't hurt himself to ending his season during the Pulaski game. It's all history now.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Did this lock up district for rock?

The only way Rock loses district after tonight is if they lose to Knox Central AND Knox Central beats Corbin. That would give Knox Central the tie break in win totals but Rock would still be 2nd. Knox Central can only finish 1st or 3rd in district. Wayne County is guaranteed 2nd.

I put the probability of Rock winning district at 75%. I give them a 50/50 shot at beating Knox Central. However, I only give Knox Central a 30% shot at beating Corbin. Knox Central besting Rock AND Corbin back-to-back? 10% chance.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Did this lock up district for rock?

No still a lot to play. Garrad lost, which tighting thing up for rockcastle. To many things can play a role into a tie breaker. Rock needs to beat Knox and it will be settled.