Poll: who wins it?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Paintsville
58.49%
Raceland
41.51%
* You voted for this item.

•  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paintsville @ Raceland 10/21
Yep. A LOT of words can be used to describe Paintsville but first person I've ever heard use the word "SLOW". :biglmao: NOW it's not just our Backs and Receivers that are too SLOW it's our Line also! Sheww. Guess we've been lucky to play as good as we have this season with such SLOW players! Good observation NUT!!:hilarious:
anotherfootballnut Wrote:Go ahead and act like you don't see it , your line is very slow, watch some film on the Rams but you better take some pepto first your not gonna like what u see . Keep thinking 50-7 bc the Rams she didn't forget about it

That sounds awfully familiar. Seems like we heard that very same thing before the Pikeville game. We have took an inexperienced Oline to an 8-0 start. We have a Mr.Football candidate with over 800 yards rushing, more than 10 yards per carry. QB over 500 rushing and 800 passing. I think our Oline is pretty good, lol. Pikeville fans said the same thing until Phelps went for over 200, Morris over 100 on the ground.
You Raceland fans are fools if you think the Rams are any quicker than Paintsville 😆
Your being a bit modest and leaving out a little info Redneck. Those numbers on Phelps are an Avg of 2 quarters per game and 1 whole game he sat out. So technically KP has over 800yds in right around 4 total games played! What??? Yea! Difference in being just flat out fast and flat out fast and hard to take down! Nut can compare Backs if he wants but that's apples and oranges! Not saying Raceland doesn't have some good backs because they do! They can run the football VERY well! Just hard to put them above a D1 Back! Do I think it's gonna be even close to 50-7? NO! Everyone knows Raceland is better than this time last years team! Which is what will make this a heck of a game!
Keep talking u might actually believe it yourself .. Paintsville is slow and will get exposed
anotherfootballnut Wrote:Keep talking u might actually believe it yourself .. Paintsville is slow and will get exposed

Yea, you keep telling yourself that and you might actually believe it, lol. Come on Scotty, Blaze, somebody, do something this feller.
Blue_Bird96 Wrote:Your being a bit modest and leaving out a little info Redneck. Those numbers on Phelps are an Avg of 2 quarters per game and 1 whole game he sat out. So technically KP has over 800yds in right around 4 total games played! What??? Yea! Difference in being just flat out fast and flat out fast and hard to take down! Nut can compare Backs if he wants but that's apples and oranges! Not saying Raceland doesn't have some good backs because they do! They can run the football VERY well! Just hard to put them above a D1 Back! Do I think it's gonna be even close to 50-7? NO! Everyone knows Raceland is better than this time last years team! Which is what will make this a heck of a game!

Paintsville has a lot of talent and skill and Phelps is a heck of a football player, I will not argue that. But to call him a D1 player may be a bit of a stretch. I am by no means trying to put down a kid but I feel like the term "D1 player" gets tossed around too casually, especially in this part of the state. To me, a true D1 player is someone who is simply a better athlete than everyone around him except for other legitimate D1 players. Phelps is no doubt a great athlete and I wish him well but I just don't see him having that extra gear that makes someone truly D1. Again this is not to insult him at all and I love seeing EKY athletes play at the next level but realistically his skill set is NIAA or D2 at best which is still not bad at all.
Redneck Wrote:Yea, you keep telling yourself that and you might actually believe it, lol. Come on Scotty, Blaze, somebody, do something this feller.

I believe Raceland and Paintsville are almost equal in terms of talent and ability. I have said this all season. This game will come down to who makes the least amount of mistakes. Whoever wins the margin of error battle will win this game.
This is getting fun!!
RAMDAD50 Wrote:This is getting fun!!
Confusednicker: :Thumbs:
Orange Blaze Wrote:I believe Raceland and Paintsville are almost equal in terms of talent and ability. I have said this all season. This game will come down to who makes the least amount of mistakes. Whoever wins the margin of error battle will win this game.

Least amount of mistakes and whoever wins the battle in the trenches.
Orange Blaze Wrote:Paintsville has a lot of talent and skill and Phelps is a heck of a football player, I will not argue that. But to call him a D1 player may be a bit of a stretch. I am by no means trying to put down a kid but I feel like the term "D1 player" gets tossed around too casually, especially in this part of the state. To me, a true D1 player is someone who is simply a better athlete than everyone around him except for other legitimate D1 players. Phelps is no doubt a great athlete and I wish him well but I just don't see him having that extra gear that makes someone truly D1. Again this is not to insult him at all and I love seeing EKY athletes play at the next level but realistically his skill set is NIAA or D2 at best which is still not bad at all.

Good thing is we won't have to speculate like most cases! We will get to see over the next couple seasons at Wofford!
I've been out of the area for a couple years now and just getting back on BGR for the first time since 2013. I've greatly missed being on here. When I was heavily involved in KY High School Football, Paintsville was struggling to win 3 games a season. So very happy to see how well they're doing this season! I see an undefeated regular season in the near future! Go Tigers!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
Blue_Bird96 Wrote:Good thing is we won't have to speculate like most cases! We will get to see over the next couple seasons at Wofford!

What is most important though is that he is going to go on and get an education. I sincerely hope that every player on both sides has that opportunity but we all know that football is not forever and most high school players will never go pro. If there is one thing that both sides can agree on it is that things are hard in our part of the state and don't look to be getting better anytime soon. At the end of the day football is just a game and a small part of these boys lives and we should want all of our boys to be successful in life whether they wear Orange or Blue.
Kind of a big game
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Kind of a big game

Not really!This One is for fun...the next meeting will be a a big game!That is if Tantsville can get past Nicholas county Hahahaha
Tigers will be two touchdowns behind as soon as they step off the bus and onto the cow pasture.
Fastball92 Wrote:Tigers will be two touchdowns behind as soon as they step off the bus and onto the cow pasture.

Doesn't work that way at Raceland. I'll give it to you, last year you stomped a mud hole in our butts and waded it dry in the regular season when it was 11 on 11.
But when we came to Paintsville in the playoffs, it was a different story, took a 16 on 11 screw job to take the Regional Title. No way whatsoever were the Zebras gonna let the chosen Tiggers with Kentucky's Mr. Football lose to a 7-4 team.
Can't beat the Lambs unless the zebras intervene
If anyone suspects "home cooking" at Ram Stadium, better look refer us to a different recipe. Look at the penalty stat line from all of our home games. Over 150 against Lawrence, around 100 against East Carter, not sure about Portsmouth East. Things dont work that way at our place, so u can go ahead and change that record. But I always tried to play and nos try to coach with this mindset.

"Dont leave points on the field, finish in the redzone, if a RB gets ahead of u DONT TOUCH A SOUL, and above all else, leave no room for zebras to affect the outcome of a game"

Fact of the matter is, in a game decided by 6 points or less, there is going to be a call here or there that affects the outcome, or atleast seems that way.
Our penalty stats have to change for sure. We lose way too many yards and give up too much field positioning in penalties. If we give up free yardage like that against Paintsville we will not win.
Our penalty stats haven't been the greatest this year either, lol. As far as this game goes, I'm sure there will be some pushing, shoving, mouthing goin on with both sides. Hopefully the zebras will get it under control early.
Redneck Wrote:What's your point. Phelps had a better time in the 200 except for Brown, lol. Bottom line, this game will come down to the guys up front, whoever controls the line of scrimmage.
My point was the fact that you're claiming Paintsville's all about speed, & I'm simply saying that the RAMS can match your speed. I agree with you on the LOS. The key to the game (besides turnovers & penalties) will be who wins the battles up front on both sides of the ball. It will be a heck of a game, but I still see the RAMS coming out on top, & yes, I'm a little bit biased. :biggrin: I will say this about the officials; they've been consistent all year, & not in a good way lol.
paintsville better leave around noon to get to the game bc their buses are even slow .. Slow slow slow your boat gentlely down 23
Orange Blaze Wrote:Paintsville has a lot of talent and skill and Phelps is a heck of a football player, I will not argue that. But to call him a D1 player may be a bit of a stretch. I am by no means trying to put down a kid but I feel like the term "D1 player" gets tossed around too casually, especially in this part of the state. To me, a true D1 player is someone who is simply a better athlete than everyone around him except for other legitimate D1 players. Phelps is no doubt a great athlete and I wish him well but I just don't see him having that extra gear that makes someone truly D1. Again this is not to insult him at all and I love seeing EKY athletes play at the next level but realistically his skill set is NIAA or D2 at best which is still not bad at all.

Regardless of ur opinion whether Phelps is D1, by all definitions he is committed to a full football scholarship as Woffords only rb recruit for 2017. He has been to Wofford multiple times and they give him the 5 star treatment. Cant blame him to go where he feels most at home to play D1! Phelps is also at the top of most Mr Fball conversations, and lets face it Raceland fans, Kent will be the fastest football player on the Football field Oct 21
Redneck Wrote:Regardless of ur opinion whether Phelps is D1, by all definitions he is committed to a full football scholarship as Woffords only rb recruit for 2017. He has been to Wofford multiple times and they give him the 5 star treatment. Cant blame him to go where he feels most at home to play D1! Phelps is also at the top of most Mr Fball conversations, and lets face it Raceland fans, Kent will be the fastest football player on the Football field Oct 21

Redneck Wrote:Regardless of ur opinion whether Phelps is D1, by all definitions he is committed to a full football scholarship as Woffords only rb recruit for 2017. He has been to Wofford multiple times and they give him the 5 star treatment. Cant blame him to go where he feels most at home to play D1! Phelps is also at the top of most Mr Fball conversations, and lets face it Raceland fans, Kent will be the fastest football player on the Football field Oct 21

You are correct, that is my opinion and honestly I hope I am wrong. I love seeing kids from our part of the state succeed because we never get any recognition. What I was trying to say that I have been around D1 athletes before and it is just a whole different level than Class A football. I am really not trying to down him at all but he will have to work very hard to be competitive at that level. As far as him being the fastest player on October 21, that could be true but it doesn't matter how fast you are if you can't make it out of the back field.Confusednicker:
Orange Blaze Wrote:You are correct, that is my opinion and honestly I hope I am wrong. I love seeing kids from our part of the state succeed because we never get any recognition. What I was trying to say that I have been around D1 athletes before and it is just a whole different level than Class A football. I am really not trying to down him at all but he will have to work very hard to be competitive at that level. As far as him being the fastest player on October 21, that could be true but it doesn't matter how fast you are if you can't make it out of the back field.Confusednicker:

That is your opinion, and I respect that. Like I said earlier in the thread, whoever wins the battle of the trenches will win the game.
Redneck Wrote:That is your opinion, and I respect that. Like I said earlier in the thread, whoever wins the battle of the trenches will win the game.

Come on Redneck....don't get bent!Lets keep this fun!You and your Taintsville Tiggers will see soon enough that you not even three TDs close to the Rams.

Let me slow down for you .. Bailey and phelps raced in the 100 , Bailey won so that means Bailey is faster . Add the fact Bailey is pound for pound the strongest player on the field so you put 40lbs of equipment on them he's even that much faster than phelps
anotherfootballnut Wrote:Let me slow down for you .. Bailey and phelps raced in the 100 , Bailey won so that means Bailey is faster . Add the fact Bailey is pound for pound the strongest player on the field so you put 40lbs of equipment on them he's even that much faster than phelps

Wonder why D-1 colleges aren't all over this kid? Sounds unbelavible ! Can't wait to see him!
  •  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next