Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shelby Valley 2016
Now that the Wildcats season came to an end on Friday night, how does everyone think they will fair next season? I know they are losing a lot of their talent, and just a few will be back next season. Will they continue having successful seasons and be competitive or will they drop back to where they used to be? I hope they continue being a good football team and can some day have a nice program going over there.
I think the next two years will be tough at sv, I really believe the next good group of talent for the wildcats is the freshman class that's there now
Coach Stepp had a good thing started a SV. Not sure why he was released. You hear everything in the world,but one common factor, he and the principal had different views of the game. So the team he starting building is almost gone. Let's see if the principal and Ratliff can build a team now or just fade away. I'm predicting football back to the way it was in past years. Hope I'm wrong.
Next year the Wildcats will slip a little bit. They'll still make the playoffs, but won't be a regional contender. Eric Ratliff will have a solid program over there.
From what I hear he is wanting in administration. May be new principal at ER. Or SV. Time will tell if his foot is far enough in the door. The football program will be down for a few years. I think the past 2 years were the only time he had a winning season. That's not for sure but is what people said last Friday. Hampton will be overlooked again for the job if it opens.
Mjolnir Wrote:Coach Stepp had a good thing started a SV. Not sure why he was released. You hear everything in the world,but one common factor, he and the principal had different views of the game. So the team he starting building is almost gone. Let's see if the principal and Ratliff can build a team now or just fade away. I'm predicting football back to the way it was in past years. Hope I'm wrong.

The group of boys that's graduate this year had success from little league all the way up. They where actually in middle school when step came to valley. I have been around step and Ratliff a lot, and in my opinion Ratliff is alittle better coach. Not saying step was a bad one, I iust Ratliff is alittle better
Sv senior class is a special group. Several 4 year starters. It will take a while to build back up to that. They will compete but not be as good. This senior class prob has won more games 5th-12th grade than any class at Sv. They brought the attitude you suppose to win to Sv
Stepp had nothing to do with the wildcats success ! Great group of young men who finally had the opertunty to play for a good coach !
Stepp is a solid high school coach and has had success about everywhere he has been, the kids at Shelby Valley are better for the experience of playing for him. Not saying he is directly responsible for their success but playing for him surely didn't hinder them at all.
TheTigersEye Wrote:Stepp is a solid high school coach and has had success about everywhere he has been, the kids at Shelby Valley are better for the experience of playing for him. Not saying he is directly responsible for their success but playing for him surely didn't hinder them at all.

I agree with that, stepp was one of the better coach that has been at valley. I am not trying to down him at all. Ratliff is a good coach, but still not the best one that has been valley.
Lost lots of quality kids. Hampton and Adkinson are very solid players. Hampton only one of the skill people back.
Seth Johnson and mason Layne should see a lot of mins next season as part of the back running game for sv
Hampton is a heck of a player. Hope some of freshmen can step up. SV has existed for about 27 years I think, how many football coaches have they had? I have heard of 5
Ratliff
Saunders
Stepp
Napier
Norman
Know any more?
Mjolnir Wrote:Hampton is a heck of a player. Hope some of freshmen can step up. SV has existed for about 27 years I think, how many football coaches have they had? I have heard of 5
Ratliff
Saunders
Stepp
Napier
Norman
Know any more?

Derek potter
And serval more coaches back in the 90's, Napier took the job in 2000 or 2001. He is the oldest coach on that list
Id like two see pike central & valley play again next yeah in pcb,seems to be a really good game.
Does anyone know if valley has any good lineman coming up?
footballforlife66 Wrote:Derek potter

Tom Searcy
shelbyvalley02 Wrote:Tom Searcy

What years was he there?
footballforlife66 Wrote:What years was he there?

Not for sure he was there before Derek Potter. I think he left in 98 maybe
Mjolnir Wrote:From what I hear he is wanting in administration. May be new principal at ER. Or SV. Time will tell if his foot is far enough in the door. The football program will be down for a few years. I think the past 2 years were the only time he had a winning season. That's not for sure but is what people said last Friday. Hampton will be overlooked again for the job if it opens.

Eric is by far the best coach that Shelby Valley has ever had. You can't measure his success by his career record. Not even Philip Haywood would have had winning records at Magoffin County, East Ridge, East Ridge (again), and Jenkins. He did however have a decent playing career at Elkhorn City, and was a very good defensive coordinator at Sheldon Clark, Pikeville, Shelby Valley, and Pike Central.
Real Badman Wrote:Eric is by far the best coach that Shelby Valley has ever had. You can't measure his success by his career record. Not even Philip Haywood would have had winning records at Magoffin County, East Ridge, East Ridge (again), and Jenkins. He did however have a decent playing career at Elkhorn City, and was a very good defensive coordinator at Sheldon Clark, Pikeville, Shelby Valley, and Pike Central.

Kevin Saunders is probly the best x and o's coach that has been there. But he was just buying time get one of the jobs he really wanted
Is Ratliff coming back next year?
Look for valley to do good this year not as godd as last year thought
luvmyheadband Wrote:is ratliff coming back next year?

nope
The rumor is Ratliff has one foot out the door headed towards Buckleys Creek....
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:The rumor is Ratliff has one foot out the door headed towards Buckleys Creek....

Same thing i heard.wht happened to thacker?
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:The rumor is Ratliff has one foot out the door headed towards Buckleys Creek....

If this is true,what happened to shawn,shawn didnt even have time to build a team for us.
Hawk101 Wrote:If this is true,what happened to shawn,shawn didnt even have time to build a team for us.

Its true, there were many valid reasons for the change.
Well if Ratliff is gone. Who will replace him ? I hope he stays but I guess money talks.