Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Covington Catholic
Just saw on khsaa that cov cath is playing there home playoff game at Dixie Heights. Why are they playing there and not Cov cath?
Hmmm not sure why. Who do they play?
I'll catch some crap for this but they shouldn't be allowed to host a playoff game. Every other team plays on friday nights. They play all their home games on Sat afternoon if i'm correct. So a team that never plays them has to come in on a Sat and play in conditions they are not used to. I think it's an advantage. Boyle Co cannot host the regions in softball because they play on a turf field and was told it was an advantage. I see no difference. Don't know if that's the reason and probably isn't but they should not be allowed to host on their own field on a Sat. Just my opinion of course.
I agree. Who do they play?
That's the advantage of winning that spot. They are not the only team to ever host on Saturdays. It shouldn't mess anyone up.
64black&gold Wrote:I'll catch some crap for this but they shouldn't be allowed to host a playoff game. Every other team plays on friday nights. They play all their home games on Sat afternoon if i'm correct. So a team that never plays them has to come in on a Sat and play in conditions they are not used to. I think it's an advantage. Boyle Co cannot host the regions in softball because they play on a turf field and was told it was an advantage. I see no difference. Don't know if that's the reason and probably isn't but they should not be allowed to host on their own field on a Sat. Just my opinion of course.

I don't see a problem with playing a Saturday day game. Most practice is done during the day and the state finals are mostly day games. A good team can win on Friday night or Saturday day. And CC may only have 4 or 5 home games a year for which I see no advantage.
If I'm Anderson County I like the fact they are playing somewhere other than their home field.

Covcath doesn't have lights hence the Sat afternoon games. For those going to the game enjoy the facility. It's one of the nicest in the region!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

-Mahatma Gandhi
Cov Cath does not have lights and plays their games on Sat afternoon. If their soccer team wins the semifinal game this week, they will be in championship game on Saturday. So fans can go to both football and possible soccer game, they moved the game to Friday night at Dixie. It is a great move for the school to do so both teams can be supported.
64black&gold Wrote:I'll catch some crap for this but they shouldn't be allowed to host a playoff game. Every other team plays on friday nights. They play all their home games on Sat afternoon if i'm correct. So a team that never plays them has to come in on a Sat and play in conditions they are not used to. I think it's an advantage. Boyle Co cannot host the regions in softball because they play on a turf field and was told it was an advantage. I see no difference. Don't know if that's the reason and probably isn't but they should not be allowed to host on their own field on a Sat. Just my opinion of course.

Advantage Cov Cath? How so? majority of high school practices are done during daylight hours, championships games are played during daytime hours and some early season games/ bowl games are played in the late sunny afternoons. As far as the softball team not allowed to play on field turf, that might be a district/ coaches argreement. Because in the 43th district, there are some field and natural turf and schools play in a rotating basis.
Advantage is Cov Cath is used to playing on Saturdays at home and then short week playing Friday night if an away game. Most schools are set in their routines and those are Friday Night Lights, not Saturday afternoon no lights. Cov Cath needs to add some dang lights. Simple solution.
So disadvantage Cov Cath if they play on the road on that following Friday? Short week of preparation right? Or advantage visiting teams to Cov Cath cause they have an extra day of preparation. Goes both way. Just play the game and have fun.