•  Previous
  • 5(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Raceland @ Lawrence County 10/2
0ff The Chain Wrote:I agree. I still have no idea what happened there but I don't think that game could have went any worse. Wouldn't have beat any team having 500 turnovers like that ,especially not one of Raceland's calibur. I expect a better game this year, can't see any way a game like that could happen again in this lifetime. Honestly I will be content just to have a good game without injuries to either team.

That game surprised me, but it did show me that team had a killer instinct they had Lawrence co on the ropes and knocked them out early . Need to see the same kind of thing this Friday . They let west carter hang around late because of terrible special team play and changes have been made , they let greenup hang around because of turnovers and missed blocks changes have been made there as well last week played tons better against a very good team couple more changes were made , Raceland just needs to put it all together this week and I think they will
No excuses, after this game, from either TEAM.:betterthanexpected:
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:Thats cute. I remember my first beer.

I was actually just about to finish my second one at the time.
dawg fan Wrote:I was actually just about to finish my second one at the time.

Hahaha. Love it! Well its time now. This friggin game between LC and Raceland can officially begin. Oh yea, the game on Friday as well.lol I always look foward to this match up. Its an old school rivalry thats come along way from both teams lining up in the wishbone or jumbo sets. Some may say who ever has the ball last will win, imo though, it will come down to who makes the least mistakes and who takes care of the LOS. With that said, Rams come into Louisa and play good ball.

Rams 35
Dawgs 21
And to any special teams coaches from Raceland that may read this...DO NOT KICK TO DALTON. Idk why we go away from the squib/onside kick at all. Our season percentage has got to be in the high 40s on recoveries. Looking foward to Friday night!
Rams by 8
I would say Rams by 21 but LC has had two weeks to get ready for this one.

Rams 27
LC 12
Any side bets on if the Dalton kid has quit. I mean has he even finished a season yet?
I don't want to offend none of the Raceland fans. I just think Lawrence County will win at home in a big way. :partyhard I still loved 1A football a special class of football most of the time it's David vs Goliath. I'm just not buying into all of the hype about Raceland....So :please: make me believe.

Lawrence County 42
Raceland 21
64SUR Wrote:I don't want to offend none of the Raceland fans. I just think Lawrence County will win at home in a big way. :partyhard I still loved 1A football a special class of football most of the time it's David vs Goliath. I'm just not buying into all of the hype about Raceland....So :please: make me believe.

Lawrence County 42
Raceland 21

64SUR You'll be a believer after Friday...:biggrin:
RAMDAD50 Wrote:Any side bets on if the Dalton kid has quit. I mean has he even finished a season yet?

What Dalton kid are you talking about. Timmy has played football for the last 3 seasons and this is Roberts first year at the high school level. It don't really matter that it's his 1st year because he is a special athlete and if you get the ball in his hands he is a threat to take it to the house just like Timmy. Both are very fast and athletic and great hands and leaping ability. Timmy is taller and it takes a few steps for him to get to full speed, but Robert is at full speed after about two. Kid has the best acceleration of any high school kid I have ever seen.
64SUR Wrote:I don't want to offend none of the Raceland fans. I just think Lawrence County will win at home in a big way. :partyhard I still loved 1A football a special class of football most of the time it's David vs Goliath. I'm just not buying into all of the hype about Raceland....So :please: make me believe.

Lawrence County 42
Raceland 21

64SUR I believe we will win this game but nothing close to that score. Other then years where one of the two is way down Lawrence and Raceland have always played each other tough. Last season we had a complete meltdown against the Rams in a game that should have been more competitive. In that game last year we took the ball right down the field with ease the first few drives and scored on our very first drive, but then everyone just seemed to quit and lose interest. We also had some behind the scenes stuff going on at the time but that's another story. The Raceland game last season was a big turnaround game for the Dawgs because we went on to play some of our best ball of the season against teams like Belfry and Pike Central.
Touch call but raceland played west Carter and wc played Powell better than Lawrence really just need to keep the ball if raceland can keep the ball from them it will be a long night for lawerence county but I personally like Lawrence better so we'll see
RAMDAD50 Wrote:I would say Rams by 21 but LC has had two weeks to get ready for this one.

Rams 27
LC 12

Don't be soft, if you think your Rams are that much better then us then just say it. You saw it right here folks, RAMDAD50 is predicting a 21 point win for Raceland!
:popcorn:
Raceland seemed to have some issues with the Portsmouth West team last night. From all the reports that I have seen, that PW team is way down and just bad this year. I hope Raceland has their pass defense up to snuff!
They need to have way better pass defense then what I saw in their film against Greenup county.
Confusednicker::popcorn:
Outside of Lucasville Valley, teams passing stats are inflated by one, maybe 2 big plays. I do feel that is our weakest group across the board, but they havent given up consistent yardage. The pass coverage you are refering to against Greenup, here's a shakedown:

Jarred Hunt: 11/25 for 98 yards 1 TD/1int

60 of those yards came on one play in which our CB and S got tied up with each other making the tackle (essentially on of our kids acted almost as a blocker when going up for the ball).

So after that he was 10/24 for 30-40 yards and an INT. yup, thats rough coverage.

Raceland gets better each week. Idc how we played weeks 0-6, just as long as we play better in week 7. Then i will not care how we looked in weeks 0-7 and so on and so fourth. Lawrence Co has their work cut out for them.

That being said, the Rams better be focused because this is not last year Bulldog team. Coaching is much better this year on LC's sideline, goina be a good ball game for 2 or 3 quarters then I think Raceland pulls away, similar to last nights game.
Timmy and Robert back deep zack Austin Brandon in the middle and good hand up front were you going to kick it
The only thing that scares me about this game is that we start district play the following Friday. I honestly wish our buy week was next Friday. I hope and pray we don't get anymore injuries before district starts. I also hope none of the kids are looking ahead to Belfry on 0ctober 9th.
Too close to call .. comes down to defense. Taking the Dawgs at home. Looking forward to this measuring stick game for Raceland, and Louisa.
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:Outside of Lucasville Valley, teams passing stats are inflated by one, maybe 2 big plays. I do feel that is our weakest group across the board, but they havent given up consistent yardage. The pass coverage you are refering to against Greenup, here's a shakedown:

Jarred Hunt: 11/25 for 98 yards 1 TD/1int

60 of those yards came on one play in which our CB and S got tied up with each other making the tackle (essentially on of our kids acted almost as a blocker when going up for the ball).

So after that he was 10/24 for 30-40 yards and an INT. yup, thats rough coverage.

Raceland gets better each week. Idc how we played weeks 0-6, just as long as we play better in week 7. Then i will not care how we looked in weeks 0-7 and so on and so fourth. Lawrence Co has their work cut out for them.

That being said, the Rams better be focused because this is not last year Bulldog team. Coaching is much better this year on LC's sideline, goina be a good ball game for 2 or 3 quarters then I think Raceland pulls away, similar to last nights game.

Scotty I'm not talking about how well you did or didn't do against the Greenup pass game because that is easy and you did very well. We also shut Greenup down in that area and intercepted the QB like 3 times. What I'm talking about is the open receivers Greenup had at times and how long you were giving the Greenup QB in the pocket at times. I got to see the film of your game against Greenup and they had stuff open if they were good enough at passing to take advantage. Lets be honest here, the Greenup QB struggles a lot with accuracy (and that's putting it nicely) and he don't have the best Receivers to work with either. He hardly ever looks for his 2nd or 3rd option and he gives away who the ball is going to almost every time. The Lawrence County pass game is a completely different animal then Greenup. Our QB in Grant Kiser is a senior and pretty smart. He has pretty good accuracy and is a very good run option if needed. He also has a few pretty good receivers to throw the ball at, that if he even gets it in their area, they will usually catch it. Greenup has a pretty good and aggressive front 7 but our Oline was still giving Grant plenty of time to make a throw and they have all year. I think we will have some success passing against the Raceland defense and I honestly believe that how well our pass game gets going and sets up some run success will be the key to the bulldogs being able to win this game on the offensive side. I think our coaches have figured out that we have the athletes at receiver to spread out a defense with the pass a few times and then start attacking the middle with the run out of some spread formations. This worked very good against Greenup in the 2nd half of that game.
waughdaddy59 Wrote:Touch call but raceland played west Carter and wc played Powell better than Lawrence really just need to keep the ball if raceland can keep the ball from them it will be a long night for lawerence county but I personally like Lawrence better so we'll see

No disrespect, but I'm curious as to why you think West Carter played you better then we did. Is it because they ran the score up and got 11 more points then we did or because they let you score a few and we didn't?
:biggrin:
Ok this game will be played Friday night. What happen is everybody resting Confusedleep:
64SUR Wrote:Ok this game will be played Friday night. What happen is everybody resting Confusedleep:

To much to early
64SUR Wrote:Ok this game will be played Friday night. What happen is everybody resting Confusedleep:

Honestly 64SURE I think both teams have bigger things on their minds. Both teams are about to start their district schedule. This game for both teams is nothing more then getting better and bragging rights. The following Friday we go to Belfry who is the number #1 team in our district and who has had our number more years in a row then I would like to admit. Raceland has Fairview coming up who has the athletes to beat any team in the 1a east if you play sloppy and turn the ball over and then they get Paintsville.
I know LC entire goal this year is to beat Belfry but I really don't think they will be over looking The Rams after the beat down they took from them last year. I think this will be a really great game to watch. I'll be looking to see if the dawgs has every thing worked out because it's that time of the year where we see if we're contenders or pretenders. I look for the Family to come out and take care of business in an old fashion slobber knocker. This will be a good game between two teams that has a lot of history and respect for each other. Good luck to both and go Dawgs.
Raceland - 33

Lawrence County - 27
Do-double-gg Wrote:Honestly 64SURE I think both teams have bigger things on their minds. Both teams are about to start their district schedule. This game for both teams is nothing more then getting better and bragging rights. The following Friday we go to Belfry who is the number #1 team in our district and who has had our number more years in a row then I would like to admit. Raceland has Fairview coming up who has the athletes to beat any team in the 1a east if you play sloppy and turn the ball over and then they get Paintsville.

I agree 100% both teams are trying to iron out some things in hopes they are hitting on all cylinders come district time. This will be a good game for both teams to prepare for district and playoff's and that's about it . I'm sure both teams want to win but this game won't define their season..

Raceland 40
Lawrence co 28
Everybody talking about our pass defense. If the Bullfrogs gave up almost 500 yds on the ground to Greenup County. They may never see the ball on offense. if they cant stop the run. They better make the most of every possession because they will have limited posessions
Rams 28-27
Ams 24
LC 14
  •  Previous
  • 5(current)
  • Next