Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Williamsburg 34 Raceland 8(Class 1A Semi-Finals)
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:is a win not enough bud? lord have mercy, u STILL have to run ur mouth.

forget it. shouldnt have said nething. Congrats to the Burg. Time to start working for next year.
footballfever Wrote:Maybe you or one of the guys who like your comment should go smack him, he's fairly easy to pick out. I didn't see anyone run on the field after the game and make that smack attempt Smile

This is my take on what he said, 25 seconds left in the game up 27-8. No need to score with the game already at hand. I agree with what he said
This game was for second place anyway. Mayfield will destroy Williamsburg again this year.
RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote:This game was for second place anyway. Mayfield will destroy Williamsburg again this year.

Why didn't you say this earlier in the week and before the loss?
Well, congrats to Williamsburg, they played a good game. I think Raceland's defense was better this year, but the offense lacked the improvement and balance that was required to win this game.
How well did Raceland throw the ball?
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Why didn't you say this earlier in the week and before the loss?

I didn't think I had to say anything. It's pretty obvious Mayfield is by far the best Class A team in the state. Anybody who thinks otherwise needs to have their medication adjusted.
bac2369 Wrote:How well did Raceland throw the ball?

Not very well would be outing it mildly.
I know Young is a very good athlete, but any Raceland fans think the o would have been better with Messer at QB?
What if he hits his recievers??
jetpilot Wrote:I know Young is a very good athlete, but any Raceland fans think the o would have been better with Messer at QB?

Jet from what I saw in the two games we played them Messer would have been my choice and I know that don't count for squat, but he was the better QB if you ask me for sure.
Jarons Wrote:Raceland looked horrible on offense. Young couldn't hit the ocean from the end of the pier. Williamsburg looked really good on the defensive side of the ball, they took away the running game and Rams were shut down.
Congrats!!! Good luck in BG.

My thoughts exactly. They shut the run game down and keyed on Messer the whole game. Very impressive effort by the Jacket defense. Even the the score may not show it, Raceland's defense also played a great game. The goal line stand at the beginning of the fourth was clutch. Burg just made more plays down the stretch. Good luck Jackets in Bowling Green next week, give the Red Giant all it can handle.:Thumbs:
TigerBlues Wrote:Jet from what I saw in the two games we played them Messer would have been my choice and I know that don't count for squat, but he was the better QB if you ask me for sure.

I agree. And Burg did a great job of shutting Messer down for the most part when he wasn't playing QB. At least having him at Quarterback makes sure their best player touches the ball every snap. Heck of a career for Connor Messer. He sure was a fun one to watch these past 4 years.
I do.Young was not a good choice for the job.I said it early in year and always thought that when we got in a crunch that Salmons would turn to Conner,he just done it to late.I like Raceland chances in this game if we start the second half with Conner at QB.You can make the argument that Conner can't throw to himself but he wasn't catching the ball anyway.Conner was a much better QB and I think he would have made this game a little different back there.

Still good to be a RAM
jetpilot Wrote:I know Young is a very good athlete, but any Raceland fans think the o would have been better with Messer at QB?

I think so, in the past I would've argued against that because he was a big receiving threat. Could've, would've, should've. On to next year.
pjdoug Wrote:sounds like an excuse,but they are a much better team with patrick and Husky in the lineup.

no excuse made two of the fastest kids out for a game with 4 really really fast kids in the back field and at receiver for raceland .... makes a lot of sense considering you take the leading tackler in patrick out of the line up and one of the best pass rushers in the state out of the lineup in husky. no excuses just facts
Congratulations on a good season raceland, your defense was as good as any team we have play this year.Williamsburg defense was awesome missing 3 starter on defense Patrick,Huskey and Shackleford and still win. Williamsburg left 21pts on the field tonight or this game would have been a running clock.34-07 do the math :blondetea
I said in my prediction that this would not be a running clock type game. I got to see this Raceland team in person this year and I knew they had a good defense. I think people are looking at this game all wrong. This was a good Raceland defense and not too shabby of an offense so I think it saya a lot about this Williamsburg team to score that much and hold em to 8 points. Some seem to think Williamsburg had an off night, but if you look at all the games tonight only one was a blowout because bad teams don't make it this far very often. Raceland is a quality team and Williamsburg beat em. I still think Mayfield is way ahead of any team in the east in 1a Williamsburg, Raceland, Pikeville, it don't matter but Williamsburg has been the best 1a team in the east for the last 2 years defensive and offensive........hands down!
Williamsburg offense wasn't clicking tonight I give raceland defense the credit they was quick and fast to the ball...Geez folks we just got done beating raceland 34-08..jump on board or join the crow club or call raceland a cupcake, Williamsburg is representing the east in 1A. I can promise everybody Williamsburg is going to Bowling Green. Glad to see jetpilot flying again. :Cheerlead
Raceland dropped or over threw 3 TD passes over the middle. The two interceptions, tbh, were just really really good plays on the football. The throws werent great, but the DB made great plays on the ball. They did a good job covering Messer all night, Dixon was wide open countless times, but he dropped 2 sure TD passes and was over thrown on another. All other things included, defensive stops, penalties(btw that late hit call on Wburg was bogus), and turnovers, Raceland should have been in the ball game by way of a score that was around 21-14 i. the Rams favor going into the 4th. But dropping those passes allowed Wburg to load the box and they didnt have to respect a passing game that was enemic, thr. did what good teams do, capitalize. If they can force Mayfield into those same circumstances, anything can happen. Good luck the rest of the way Jackets. As for the Rams, they far exceeded my expectations this year. They reclaimed their hold on both the district and the region and were only 19 points away (AT Ashland and Ironton) from an undefeated regular season. Our offense just sputtered over the last bit of the season for some reason, in the passing game. Proud of the Rams!!!
Raceland was definetly not a cupcake. Good bunch of athletes with a bunch of quick kids. Williamsburg was not very sharp on offense but give Raceland a bunch of credit for that. Jackets were better up front and fed them a steady diet of Massey. Griffith made big plays at big points in the game. Raceland was a good place to watch the game and were very hospitable. Congrats to Raceland on another fine season. Messer kid is a special player. Good luck next year Scotty.
After reading all these post I can't believe people would give our PA guy a hard time, He was very classy on wishing you guys good luck and thanking all the people and business that helped the football team all year. It takes a whole community to make a good team and The Ram Pride community loves their Rams. Also to second guess the QB for the rams, silly, yes our passing game has been off for a few games but for a one year QB he did a great job and poured 100% into every game, even in the off season, Young is a great kid, all Kids makes mistakes and I am proud of the entire team looking at the entire season as a whole. Go Rams and keep building on tradition. One day the little single A school by the river will be State Champion and this team should wear that Big "R" proud on their chest. We have a great bunch back for next year and can't wait for next August when it starts all over again! For the last TD in the game, it didn't matter, the kids were having fun and it's football!
Sponsers got their money's worth.
The PA comment confused me as well. Especially with the Price is Right guy calling the Williamsburg game last year.
bac2369 Wrote:What if he hits his recievers??

agree. 2 tds dropped one over thrown. if those throws are completed he goes 9/16 for about 200 yards or more and its a different ball game. but, it is what it is. time to start prep for next year.
Raceland was a run first team. Williamsburg took that away from them and made it difficult to throw the ball. Shelton did a good job on Messer. Raceland blew a couple of chances to score early and make it a game. Williamsburg blew chances to blow it open in the first half. Big conversion in first half on a fake punt for Williamsburg. Two fumbles and penalties stalled Williamsburg's offense in first half. Williamsburg fumbled it on their first play from scrimmage. This let Raceland control the ball as they sandwiched that with two long drives. Williamsburg special teams was much better. Two punts to the 1 and 2 plus 3 kickoffs Raceland started inside the 15. Williamsburg's ability to kick it deep on kickoffs was a big advantage. Thought Raceland's coach made a mistake going for it on 4th down at the 45. Williamsburg came up with the stop and went 55 yards on 3 plays to go up 3 scores. Williamsburg should have kicked the chippy field goal at half to make it a two score game.
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:is a win not enough bud? lord have mercy, u STILL have to run ur mouth.

dont be so serious. take a deep breath and relax :yikes:
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:forget it. shouldnt have said nething. Congrats to the Burg. Time to start working for next year.

sorry for making you mad.i meant no harm :biglmao:
RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote:This game was for second place anyway. Mayfield will destroy Williamsburg again this year.

2nd ain't bad I guessSmile
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:The PA comment confused me as well. Especially with the Price is Right guy calling the Williamsburg game last year.

Price is Right? Confusednicker: