Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who will play Williamsburg for region Pikeville or Hazard
I am getting confused about it all.
bac2369 Wrote:Really is this thread for 2014 or 2015?? When someone finds out can a mod change it..

Bac to hazard h@'ll just enjoy these threads.. You will get your turn later for crow season....h@'ll I have hear about hazard for 2 years winning the state Championship and I was 100% for hazard winning. You have never ask a mod to change a thread :boosign:
With all of this 2015 realignment talk, so many members seem to be getting confused about this year and next.
As HDE said, the new realignment doesn't start until NEXT year, meaning for this season, everything is exactly the same as it has been the past 3 years.

I wonder if some fans will be mad they have to play Mayfield when they already think they've moved up to 2A? lol
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:With all of this 2015 realignment talk, so many members seem to be getting confused about this year and next.
As HDE said, the new realignment doesn't start until NEXT year, meaning for this season, everything is exactly the same as it has been the past 3 years.

I wonder if some fans will be mad they have to play Mayfield when they already think they've moved up to 2A? lol

Now that was awesome. :notbad:
64 is mad.
topnotch Wrote:Every one seems to think so, what do you think?

I think they have a good chance but they have to play the season first instead of counting chickens before they hatch:Clap:
Doug, you know we should just mail them the trophy. They are too strong this year.
mysonis55 Wrote:Doug, you know we should just mail them the trophy. They are too strong this year.

That would be nice check with killer in the sun. :lmao:
I just hope they don't have to wear orange and stand on the hot sideline any this year.
It will be Williamsburg and Hazard in the East.I think
Maybe Williamsburg and Raceland, Raceland has an excellent team this year.
We will find out very early who appears to be the favorite.

August 30th at the Pike County Bowl

Right now I am giving the slight edge to Hazard
Its going to be tough for Wburg and Raceland to repeat. Both will have to beat Pikeville/Hazard away from home. Its tough to beat McNamee or Dixon at home in late november. There is a huge amount of tallent on these 4 teams this year. Its going to bean interesting and competitive time, come late November. Looking foward to it.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:We will find out very early who appears to be the favorite.

August 30th at the Pike County Bowl

Right now I am giving the slight edge to Hazard

I am a hazard supporter but I would like to hear the reasoning for giving hazard the nod.
bac2369 Wrote:I am a hazard supporter but I would like to hear the reasoning for giving hazard the nod.

I think the loss of Chase Hall is being very understated.

Hall has not only been a staple in the Panther backfield for three years, he put up absolutely eye popping stats and was the straw that stirred their drink on offense.

The Panther offense, though they ran the spread, essentially was run based. I don't see a replacement who will immediately step in and be near Hall's level...and if their run game i negatively effected I wonder how it will also effect the play of Charles (who is coming off a substantial injury).

With Hazard you have their pivotal player back in Jones and I expect their QB to take a huge step forward in year two.

Now don't get me wrong... even though I have a big concern with Pikeville it doesn't mean Hazard is suddenly the definitive team to beat and Pikeville is some big underdog. I think the two teams are a bout equal as Pikeville still has more than enough capable weapons as well as very nice pieces back on defense along with the biggest game changer in 1A on this side of the bracket in Estep.

I just think Pikeville will have noticeable and at times frustrating growing pains at HB trying to replace one of the most productive Panthers of the past decade.
I think it will be done by comittee. Now way one player responds to the call onhis own. But I think Pugh, Maynard, and possibly Estep with be more than capable of keeping teams honest. What does pikeville's line speed look like upfront? Raceland was big and strong last year, but the line, outside of Risner, was a little slow off the ball at times, whic killed Raceland against Wburg. Racelands line will be just as strong, but faster than last years. How does Pikeville stack up in the trenches?
I don't think any one thing beat Raceland in the play offs last year, Williamsburg overwhelmed them they may never be able to do that again but, I really thought Williamsburg played poorly in parts of the game. It almost looked like that Williamsburg hit them in their tracks. they totally did not expect it.

I like Raceland , really nice people, they WILL be better this year.
Agreed topnotch. We pretty much man handled everyone all season last year. Even Ironton and in the loss to Lawrence Co. Raceland WAY over underestimated Williamsburgs toughness and speed defensively. U all were deceltively fast. On film, Wburg line looked about like ours. They were much quicker. Raceland's schedule, while looks the same on paper as last ear, will better prepare them bc the teams have picked up some more tallent trough the offseason. NEKY as a whole saw alot of movemet , cosching changes , and player transfers or more kids with tallent that once roamed the halls are finding their way onto teams again. Be it Pikeville, Raceland, Hazard, or Wburg, the semis will produce a heck of a battle. And whoever comes out of the east , imo will be better prepared than the last two reps to take on the western rep. Will it be enough? Who knows. Mayfield, Beechwood, and Frankfort will all be tough outs for any of us.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:I think the loss of Chase Hall is being very understated.

Hall has not only been a staple in the Panther backfield for three years, he put up absolutely eye popping stats and was the straw that stirred their drink on offense.

The Panther offense, though they ran the spread, essentially was run based. I don't see a replacement who will immediately step in and be near Hall's level...and if their run game i negatively effected I wonder how it will also effect the play of Charles (who is coming off a substantial injury).

With Hazard you have their pivotal player back in Jones and I expect their QB to take a huge step forward in year two.

Now don't get me wrong... even though I have a big concern with Pikeville it doesn't mean Hazard is suddenly the definitive team to beat and Pikeville is some big underdog. I think the two teams are a bout equal as Pikeville still has more than enough capable weapons as well as very nice pieces back on defense along with the biggest game changer in 1A on this side of the bracket in Estep.

I just think Pikeville will have noticeable and at times frustrating growing pains at HB trying to replace one of the most productive Panthers of the past decade.

Thanks for the your opinion. I do to think hall will be missed early in the season. I am eager to see how the Pikeville defense responds Jones in this game. They didn't really stop him much last year but did capalized on the mistakes.
I too think that it will be very tough for anyone to just role up into Hazard and expect to win.
^ Hazard only has 4 regular season home games September 19th - October 10th. So hazard will spend majority on the road.
bac2369 Wrote:Thanks for the your opinion. I do to think hall will be missed early in the season. I am eager to see how the Pikeville defense responds Jones in this game. They didn't really stop him much last year but did capalized on the mistakes.

I want to see how Hazard stops Pikeville. They couldn't stop anything Pikeville did last year and almost all the tackles that Hazard did manage to make were by seniors who are now gone. Pikeville will make some stops, will Hazard?
jetpilot Wrote:I want to see how Hazard stops Pikeville. They couldn't stop anything Pikeville did last year and almost all the tackles that Hazard did manage to make were by seniors who are now gone. Pikeville will make some stops, will Hazard?

Neither team last year really never stopped one another. Hazard stopped pikeville early and pikeville stopped hazard late. But I believe hazard will get stops.
jetpilot Wrote:I want to see how Hazard stops Pikeville. They couldn't stop anything Pikeville did last year and almost all the tackles that Hazard did manage to make were by seniors who are now gone. Pikeville will make some stops, will Hazard?
One thing I caution people about this year is to remember that while what you say is true, Hazard will have revenge on their minds too. Last year (and yes I was at the game) was almost a perfect storm of good offenses met bad defenses. By bad I don't mean untalented or poorly coached I mean having one of those nights where you could be in the perfect spot for a play and it just didn't work. For whatever reason. The main thing is, Ha are had the tall WR to capitalize on perfect location on 2 onside kicks that gVe them great field position late to make the game seem even closer than it really was, then had Jones as a battering ram to take advantage of the field position from those onside kicks I'm most interested in how Pikeville responds to Jones and then if Hazard has developed anyone on the outside to take the load off of Jones. If not it may be a long night for the. Bulldogs. But they are well coached.

For Pikeville, the question is will the balance they have between run and pass hold up and avoid costly mistakes? From what I'm seeing of practice, yes. On defense I also like what I see as well even though it is early. But I'm excited for football to start period. Let's not overlook the first game against Prestonsburg and just take it a week at a time and enjoy the season.
bac2369 Wrote:Neither team last year really never stopped one another. Hazard stopped pikeville early and pikeville stopped hazard late. But I believe hazard will get stops.

Pikeville came out in the second half and stopped Hazard cold, going on a 35-0 run to go from down 28-21 to up 56-28. Pikeville had 21 in the first half, that is not really Hazard stopping them. Looking forward to the game, should be another great one.
PHSForever Wrote:One thing I caution people about this year is to remember that while what you say is true, Hazard will have revenge on their minds too. Last year (and yes I was at the game) was almost a perfect storm of good offenses met bad defenses. By bad I don't mean untalented or poorly coached I mean having one of those nights where you could be in the perfect spot for a play and it just didn't work. For whatever reason. The main thing is, Ha are had the tall WR to capitalize on perfect location on 2 onside kicks that gVe them great field position late to make the game seem even closer than it really was, then had Jones as a battering ram to take advantage of the field position from those onside kicks I'm most interested in how Pikeville responds to Jones and then if Hazard has developed anyone on the outside to take the load off of Jones. If not it may be a long night for the. Bulldogs. But they are well coached.

For Pikeville, the question is will the balance they have between run and pass hold up and avoid costly mistakes? From what I'm seeing of practice, yes. On defense I also like what I see as well even though it is early. But I'm excited for football to start period. Let's not overlook the first game against Prestonsburg and just take it a week at a time and enjoy the season.

:Thumbs:
Scotty has made it a point to tear down racelands 2013 line. "06 and 08 would have killed 2013". It would be nice if you actually appreciated them In what they have done for Raceland. You're gonna miss them.
Listen, I have watched Nevan, Alec, and The Manis kids grow up. Ive known Mac for several years not. Im not cutting them down. I am just stating facts. They were/are HUGE kids. Especially for a small single A football team. I was just arguing that the drop off isnt going to be as far as it seems. Our line this year wont be as big, but will be just as strong and quicker. 06 and 08 lines were better. It doesnt take away anything that this line accomplished. Just saying, the line play will be as good , maybe better thisyear.
jetpilot Wrote:Pikeville came out in the second half and stopped Hazard cold, going on a 35-0 run to go from down 28-21 to up 56-28. Pikeville had 21 in the first half, that is not really Hazard stopping them. Looking forward to the game, should be another great one.

Pikeville got the stops they needed and capali zed on turnovers and Estep forced 2 or 3 by himself. It was crazy to see the ball took from a running back almost ready to score then see the ball took 98 yards for a touchdown the other way. I agree I look forward to this game as well and I really wish the Pikeville game was in Prestonsburg because id swing in and watch it after I pick my boy up in paintsviille if it was at P-burg.
PHSForever Wrote:One thing I caution people about this year is to remember that while what you say is true, Hazard will have revenge on their minds too. Last year (and yes I was at the game) was almost a perfect storm of good offenses met bad defenses. By bad I don't mean untalented or poorly coached I mean having one of those nights where you could be in the perfect spot for a play and it just didn't work. For whatever reason. The main thing is, Ha are had the tall WR to capitalize on perfect location on 2 onside kicks that gVe them great field position late to make the game seem even closer than it really was, then had Jones as a battering ram to take advantage of the field position from those onside kicks I'm most interested in how Pikeville responds to Jones and then if Hazard has developed anyone on the outside to take the load off of Jones. If not it may be a long night for the. Bulldogs. But they are well coached.

I agree you definitely saw bad defense from both teams. I also agree that Pikeville needs to keep a balance and keep the defense off balance. IF any of you all are going to be at the Perry Central and Pikeville scrimmage at Perry then we may get up with each other and talk some football.