•  Previous
  • 7(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1A Spring prognostication
Williamsburg lost their quarterback. Pikeville their running back. Hazard their linebackers. Raceland their best skill kid and several linemen. All these teams have holes and how they fill them will be very important as who goes to Bowling Green. Injuries and transfers in or out could be huge to all of the above. Fairview could be very dangerous but there is a lot of questions there. Paintsville has moved forward but have not proved they can play with the big boys in their region. They may make that step this year. Williamsburg has their entire defense back and a couple of dynamic playmakers. I think that makes them the favorite in the East.
E's Army Wrote:Pikeville will miss 1650 yards rushing and 29 touchdowns. That is a lot of O to replace. The two headed snake only has one head this year.

Pikeville will be loaded at running back. Pugh back from injury, Maynard, Blake Charles, Caudill kid transferred from SV, and a few more. Plus we also know good a runner Austin Charles is. Pikeville will put up huge numbers on the ground.
E's Army Wrote:Williamsburg lost their quarterback. Pikeville their running back. Hazard their linebackers. Raceland their best skill kid and several linemen. All these teams have holes and how they fill them will be very important as who goes to Bowling Green. Injuries and transfers in or out could be huge to all of the above. Fairview could be very dangerous but there is a lot of questions there. Paintsville has moved forward but have not proved they can play with the big boys in their region. They may make that step this year. Williamsburg has their entire defense back and a couple of dynamic playmakers. I think that makes them the favorite in the East.

Hazard lost quite a bit more than their linebackers.
Mayfield lost a lot too. It's a new year. The coaches know what they have and I'm sure they will be prepared to make good teams out of what they have. It's the same thing every year.
jetpilot Wrote:Pikeville will be loaded at running back. Pugh back from injury, Maynard, Blake Charles, Caudill kid transferred from SV, and a few more. Plus we also know good a runner Austin Charles is. Pikeville will put up huge numbers on the ground.

Good list at running back position. Got to mention Cody Estep and what he can do. Excels at the w/o position, and occasionally does an end around that can rack up the yds. in a hurry. Going to be some great offense, just need to get the defense going like it needs to be.
I like how everyone is keeping up with their future players. It shows great interest in football in ky. We may just become a football state.
jetpilot Wrote:Hazard lost quite a bit more than their linebackers.

Hazard lost

Kody Arnett LB/WR
Jacob Roll LB/WR
Josh Meehan LB/FB
Chris Hudson WR/TE/DB
Tim Clemons OL/DL
Kevin Eversole K/K/DB
Alex Francis HB/DB
Dylan Goins OL/DL
Kaleb Huber OL/DL
Tyler Logan OL/DL
Tim Pittard OL/DL

Line backer will be the key to fill for the hazard defense. Defensive line and Defensive Backs should be excellent. Hazard played a lot of kids on the O and D lines last year so they should be very solid at both. I look hazard to be very dangerous come playoff time. Several kids I think will step up will be Jordan Childers, Jimmy Perkins, Jacob Blanton, Cade Fletcher. Defensive back will be solid as well with Jalen Olinger, Daniel Turner, Trey Higgins, Jason Johnson, Cole Ratliff.

Offense should be ok with a returning senior running back in Brandon Jones, Quarter Back Tanner Morgan, Wr will be Trey Higgins, Jason Johnson, Jalen Olinger, Jacob Blanton. With many others who poissibly will come in such as ther Cade Fletcher, Dan Turner, Blake Lockhart, KP Hastings...
mysonis55 Wrote:I like how everyone is keeping up with their future players. It shows great interest in football in ky. We may just become a football state.

Amen to that.
UK may never fall into that trap but the rest of us would love it.
bac2369 Wrote:Hazard lost

Kody Arnett LB/WR
Jacob Roll LB/WR
Josh Meehan LB/FB
Chris Hudson WR/TE/DB
Tim Clemons OL/DL
Kevin Eversole K/K/DB
Alex Francis HB/DB
Dylan Goins OL/DL
Kaleb Huber OL/DL
Tyler Logan OL/DL
Tim Pittard OL/DL

Line backer will be the key to fill for the hazard defense. Defensive line and Defensive Backs should be excellent. Hazard played a lot of kids on the O and D lines last year so they should be very solid at both. I look hazard to be very dangerous come playoff time. Several kids I think will step up will be Jordan Childers, Jimmy Perkins, Jacob Blanton, Cade Fletcher. Defensive back will be solid as well with Jalen Olinger, Daniel Turner, Trey Higgins, Jason Johnson, Cole Ratliff.

Offense should be ok with a returning senior running back in Brandon Jones, Quarter Back Tanner Morgan, Wr will be Trey Higgins, Jason Johnson, Jalen Olinger, Jacob Blanton. With many others who poissibly will come in such as ther Cade Fletcher, Dan Turner, Blake Lockhart, KP Hastings...

When is the last time there wasnt and Olinget at Hazard? Are they all brothers or cousins? I know there has been one on the team since I was a senior in 06. Just curious.
bac2369 Wrote:Hazard lost

Kody Arnett LB/WR
Jacob Roll LB/WR
Josh Meehan LB/FB
Chris Hudson WR/TE/DB
Tim Clemons OL/DL
Kevin Eversole K/K/DB
Alex Francis HB/DB
Dylan Goins OL/DL
Kaleb Huber OL/DL
Tyler Logan OL/DL
Tim Pittard OL/DL

Kody Arnett LB/RB back up Rb for hazard :popcorn:
64SUR Wrote:Kody Arnett LB/RB back up Rb for hazard :popcorn:

Yes he did.. I posted from the website and forgot.. He played in quite a few places.
We got a couple Arnetts in Mayfield. Must be a football name.
My bold prediction is pikeville beats williamsburg in semis, and finishes off what little bit of 64 that still hanging on to the burg.
Fairview vs either Williamsburg or Hazard.
E's Army Wrote:Fairview vs either Williamsburg or Hazard.

That would be a quick bounce back, if fairview could make it to semis this year.
I don't see Fairview in the picture. I would guess that Fairview is a number 2 or 3 team in their own district this year. It would be very hard for a great coaching staff to make that kind of rebound in their first year.
Nothing negative toward Fairview, but I agree, this season would be too much of a stretch for a new coaching staff to put it together that fast.
I'm sure they not only lost their coaching staff and dignity, they also lost some kids.
Fairview was 9-1 on the field last year. their only loss was to Raceland. They are two years removed from playing in the finals. Brown was a freshmen with 820 yards rushing last year. Dolen was a sophomore with 931 yards rushing last year. Yetts was a junior with 825 yards rushing last year. Roy was a junior at quarterback last year. These stats were only for 9 of their 10 games. Add stats from the 10th game and 2 playoff games and they would have had 3 1000 yard rushers. I don't know who is gone or not but you need to fear Fairview in the East.
Fairview will not be there this year. It will be a long road for them. Name one program that has gone through this type of embarrassment in one year and then rebounded the very next. You can look nationwide and I bet you won't find one.
E's Army Wrote:Fairview was 9-1 on the field last year. their only loss was to Raceland. They are two years removed from playing in the finals. Brown was a freshmen with 820 yards rushing last year. Dolen was a sophomore with 931 yards rushing last year. Yetts was a junior with 825 yards rushing last year. Roy was a junior at quarterback last year. These stats were only for 9 of their 10 games. Add stats from the 10th game and 2 playoff games and they would have had 3 1000 yard rushers. I don't know who is gone or not but you need to fear Fairview in the East.

Is Brown, King, Yetts even still around?
Even if they were there, by the time you learn someone else's system and get over the feeling that someone let you down, it would be too late.
UConn inigible for tournament one year win it the next. Somerset changed coaches in July and went to finals. Cobb's leaving was ugly.
Won't happen. You can second guess it until November. You will then have to admit I was right.
A lot of variables with Fairview. But if every body comes back they are definitely a contender in east. Nobody seems to no how the pieces are going to shake out there. Fairview may have well been in regional final with Raceland but for their implosion. Come November they may have put the pieces back togeather.
Come November Fulton City "may" be in first place in our district. But , is that likely?
E's Army Wrote:A lot of variables with Fairview. But if every body comes back they are definitely a contender in east. Nobody seems to no how the pieces are going to shake out there. Fairview may have well been in regional final with Raceland but for their implosion. Come November they may have put the pieces back togeather.

Dream on Alice! Wonderland is just around the cornerConfusednicker:
Everyone has a dream, but how many of them come true?
mysonis55 Wrote:Everyone has a dream, but how many of them come true?

Just one per class. This year, Mayfield's dream comes true in Class A.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  •  Previous
  • 7(current)
  • Next