Poll: Who wins the title
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
BELFRY
55.74%
Wayne County
44.26%
* You voted for this item.

•  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry Pirates Vs Wayne Co. (3A State Championship 12/6/13)
Go Big Red! Wrote:You boys are over looking the worst match up!! It's right here!! Belfry cannot play with Wayne!! You boys want to talk about the district they came from but they did come from the toughest district in the state!! You can bet your sweet rump on that one!! Bell was way way way down? They took central to the wire that tells me they were not as down as you might think!! You will not answer to Mr Guffey!! You can't stop him he's going to win a state title!! Glad you boys like the bridesmaid dress. If you where on the Central side of the bracket you wouldn't have to worry about it each year!!!!

All BS aside I know for a fact belfry is a stud in 3a but you keep running in to buzz saw!! This Wayne team is special and they have one of the best QB's in the state. He would be my #1!!
Getting a lil ahead of your self ain't ya. This Belfry team isn't a slouch. Who cares about Guffey. Seen film. And me personally I'm not that impressed. Aside from the fact that Bourbon co. had a weak schedule they were still a quick team and the game could have went either way. But the Pirates never let up and they shut down the potent offense of the Colonels. The same they are are gonna do to your precious Cardinals. You must not have seen any film on Belfry. A full back that can't be stopped in Hatfield and he will chill you at the linebacker position on defense. Carr a halfback that will hit ya make ya like it and Johnson, well, he's gonna get his yards. Like I said before bring it. We will be there ready to give you what your not expecting.
Wayne has the three components to make a passing game work: an accurate QB with a very quick release, receivers who do not drop passes and an offensive line that keeps Guffey's uniform clean. Belfry will have to have a scheme to disrupt a pretty solid passing game to win.
This sounds like it's gonna be a fun one.
I don't see Belfry getting beat in this one. Wayne is quick, but their D missed a lot of tackles against PT (From what film I watched). Thats not something you can do and beat the Pirates. They have good receivers, a good QB and a decent O-Line. Our D-line will put pressure on the QB and he will make a mistakes, which hopefully we capitalize on. I'm taking Belfry by 1-2 TDs in this one.
Tica Wrote:Belfry will have to have a scheme to disrupt a pretty solid passing game to win.

I have a feeling that we will be ready...TongueirateSho
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Go Big Red! Wrote:You boys are over looking the worst match up!! It's right here!! Belfry cannot play with Wayne!! You boys want to talk about the district they came from but they did come from the toughest district in the state!! You can bet your sweet rump on that one!! Bell was way way way down? They took central to the wire that tells me they were not as down as you might think!! You will not answer to Mr Guffey!! You can't stop him he's going to win a state title!! Glad you boys like the bridesmaid dress. If you where on the Central side of the bracket you wouldn't have to worry about it each year!!!!

All BS aside I know for a fact belfry is a stud in 3a but you keep running in to buzz saw!! This Wayne team is special and they have one of the best QB's in the state. He would be my #1!!

You should change your name to I'm a Dumbass....if you think your district is toughest in the state...go to Khsaa stats for 3A...All you KNOW is Corbin, Bell, Central, and PT couldn't stop him... But Belfry is above those teams this year....and you better know that Belfrys offense hasn't been stopped...300 yards a game on the ground is pretty Damn good...so from now till Friday...I'm gonna make you my little BGR bridesmaid or (bit@h) because your obviously hormonal with post like that...TongueirateShTongueirateShoo:biglmao::biglmao:
COACHITALL Wrote:I totally agree with Wayne winning it all..........In the West Virginia Class A championship!!!! the football Gods are lining it all up.....
1. Belfry Middle plays Wayne in the state championship...and won
Belfry High Plays Wayne in the state championship....and will win
2. Wayne Middle undefeated coming into the championship and went out with a lose
Wayne High undefeated coming into the championship and will go out with a lose
3. Belfry Middle only lost to Johnson Central
Belfry High only lost to Johnson Central
4. 2004 Championship year semi final score 21-13
2013 Championship year semi final score 21-13
the list could go on and on just get the drift its DESTINY folks you cant stop it!TongueirateShoTongueirateShoTongueirateShoTongueirateShoTongueirateSho

Is Wayne WV a school where you all recruit some of your players? I know about the other schools over there you have recruited from but had not heard of this one. :gtfo:
Lilly Wrote:Is Wayne WV a school where you all recruit some of your players? I know about the other schools over there you have recruited from but had not heard of this one. :gtfo:

Spit or swallow??
Neither. Just want to point out that your program is not clean.
Lilly Wrote:Neither. Just want to point out that your program is not clean.

If anybody gave a shit what you think we'd ask ya. :gtfo:

If our program wasn't clean, we wouldn't be playing for a title year in and year out. You don't think KHSAA hasn't looking into our program and how it's ran? Coach Haywood wouldn't sacrifice our school's reputation for a win. You have no idea what you're talking about. STFU
BelfryPride Wrote:Exactly how do you get that Wayne is the "Better Team"? You have any numbers or stats to provide?
Also, the second best team in 3A last year was the State Runner-Up...just sayin.. :biggrin:

Stats, Wayne has some of the top stats in the state this year. Wayne is ranked higher in state and nationally than Belfry right now. Common opponent this season, Wayne defeated Southwestern by 22, Belfry defeated Southwestern by 11. Southwestern has the top passing offense in the state, QB and WR's. There's your stats (not saying that equals a win, but you asked).

And yes, Wayne played a bad game against Central with some mistakes and barely lost. Belfry seemed to play a really good game and lost, and it was what, 2 points difference? There is no 2nd to be honest, you're champ or you're not. Belfry was the next to last man standing, only cause Central played Wayne one game sooner. Had Wayne played Belfry last year, it would have came down to the wire and either team could have won, but I believe Wayne was just as good as Belfry. People may not want that to be the case, but the stats, the scores, they totally make a strong case for it.

I've seen some pish-poshing some wins, like Bell county. And Bell was down, at the first of the season but they came on like crazy towards the end. They have lost to Harlan and Central but both scores were very close. I just don't understand fans. Belfry is a good team, GREAT program, plus they are young. But to try to explain Wayne's season away as bad opposition, or to deny they were really, really good last year, doesn't make sense to me. It doesn't help putting out false info, it doesn't help me to put out false info and numbers, to help Wayne to win, nor will it help Belfry. 2 teams will meet on the field, and the better team will win. If Belfry wins handily, then I suppose some of you were right, and I guess Wayne was the 3rd best last year, 2nd best this year. If not, maybe, just maybe, Wayne was in Belfry's league last year, and are better than them this year. Only a few days left to find out. I'll leave out the snickering emoticon. ha
Just want to point out that you're talking out of your ass.
COACHITALL Wrote:I totally agree with Wayne winning it all..........In the West Virginia Class A championship!!!! the football Gods are lining it all up.....
2. Wayne Middle undefeated coming into the championship and went out with a lose
the list could go on and on just get the drift its DESTINY folks you cant stop it!TongueirateShoTongueirateShoTongueirateShoTongueirateShoTongueirateSho

If Belfry does play as bad as it's fans keep up with stats then it's in trouble. Wayne county middle was not undefeated. They had lost 2 or 3 games if I recall, to Meece and I think to Corbin (I may be wrong on that one). Wayne's 8th was a pretty decent team and Belfry beat them, but Belfry was, I think, considered quite a bit better than Wayne middle coming in. I know myself and all the coaches I talked to thought Belfry would win by a couple of TD's. But Wayne middle was definitely not an undefeated squad like their high-school, and not really "special" like their high-school, they were very solid, good QB with not much speed at receiver on the middle school. The high-school has a good QB, with all kinds of speed at receiver, and receivers who catch everything. I do think Wayne middle had a better running back than their high-school. Props to Belfry for containing that guy.
IronMan86 Wrote:Just want to point out that you're talking out of your ass.

Belfry has been in state titles as long as I can remember. By clean I don't know what she meant. But if they had done something wrong it would have got them in trouble way before now. Like Central, put a cap on male enrollment and stay in 3A, I don't agree with it, but I guess it's legal. Then rumors that people have babies at home and don't get a birth certificate until they are 2 and 3 years old (LOL), those are the crazy stories you hear about football programs. I laugh at most of 'em. Then again I have seen an "11 year old" in 5th grade with a beard and mustache before...haha, not. An outraged parent (blind fans) told me that. I went closer to investigate. Kid had eat ice cream (or dirt) and was just a big kid, no beard, no mustache. I figure Belfry is clean as anyone. I have seen some outrageously huge Bell county kids.
smoke1015 Wrote:Stats, Wayne has some of the top stats in the state this year. Wayne is ranked higher in state and nationally than Belfry right now. Common opponent this season, Wayne defeated Southwestern by 22, Belfry defeated Southwestern by 11. Southwestern has the top passing offense in the state, QB and WR's. There's your stats (not saying that equals a win, but you asked).

And yes, Wayne played a bad game against Central with some mistakes and barely lost. Belfry seemed to play a really good game and lost, and it was what, 2 points difference? There is no 2nd to be honest, you're champ or you're not. Belfry was the next to last man standing, only cause Central played Wayne one game sooner. Had Wayne played Belfry last year, it would have came down to the wire and either team could have won, but I believe Wayne was just as good as Belfry. People may not want that to be the case, but the stats, the scores, they totally make a strong case for it.

I've seen some pish-poshing some wins, like Bell county. And Bell was down, at the first of the season but they came on like crazy towards the end. They have lost to Harlan and Central but both scores were very close. I just don't understand fans. Belfry is a good team, GREAT program, plus they are young. But to try to explain Wayne's season away as bad opposition, or to deny they were really, really good last year, doesn't make sense to me. It doesn't help putting out false info, it doesn't help me to put out false info and numbers, to help Wayne to win, nor will it help Belfry. 2 teams will meet on the field, and the better team will win. If Belfry wins handily, then I suppose some of you were right, and I guess Wayne was the 3rd best last year, 2nd best this year. If not, maybe, just maybe, Wayne was in Belfry's league last year, and are better than them this year. Only a few days left to find out. I'll leave out the snickering emoticon. ha

Saying just as good or in our league wasn't the phrase that was disputed. You said they were the 2nd best team last year in your other post. There's a difference. I don't think any Belfry fan would argue what you just said, myself included, about last years Wayne County team and this years team.

The good thing is we won't have to wonder after Friday night because a new champ will be crowned. By the way, I'm pretty sure Wayne is favored and I absolutely feel they've earned that right.
I like the Belfry tradition but Wayne wins by a couple touchdowns
Belfry

2013 3A State Champions.
Wayne Middle school lost to Southern Pulaski. Only official loss of the season besides title game. Tough crowd for a group of kids who were state runners up but aren't special. You must coach at highlands or trinity. Pretty special to us in Wc cause we have never been. Just like our varsity guys they are special win lose or draw Friday. We have nothing to lose. There are no past championships we coulda or shoulda it's all brand new to us and our town and school will be nuts this week. We need a great week of practice and some good luck to bring home the hardware.
I don't brag on here but whoever wasn't impressed with Guffey is a nut
That's not what the game in BG was last year. It was Belfry & Central. Belfry only lost buy
missing a PAT. Then going to over time.
Belfry Middle School Pirates - 28
Wayne County Middle School Cardinals - 6

Can the High School complete the sweep?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
BRIDESMAIDS!!!
Yep that's what you call a belfry pirate in the state title game!!
I really think people are severely underselling Belfrys win over a 13-0 Bourbon and really overselling Wayne's win over a 6 loss Tilghman team.

I will go in much more detail this week but for now two comments;

1. Belfry has seen teams as good as Wayne if not a little better. They have had numerous games against schemes similar to Wayne's whereas the Cards only taste of Belfry was a Bell squad who doesn't have a single skill player that would start for Belfry

2. Playing on this big stage after a week of hype is a different animal that Wayne has never experienced. Aside from CAM Stadium this Belfry Senior class has played twice as many games at WKU then any other venue. Do not sell familiarity and emotions short. Bourbon can attest that the significance of executing in the clutch because you have been there before could make the difference in converting that key 4th and 2 or connecting on that key deep pass that you are used to hitting
smoke1015 Wrote:Stats, Wayne has some of the top stats in the state this year. Wayne is ranked higher in state and nationally than Belfry right now. Common opponent this season, Wayne defeated Southwestern by 22, Belfry defeated Southwestern by 11. Southwestern has the top passing offense in the state, QB and WR's. There's your stats (not saying that equals a win, but you asked).

My understanding is that Southwestern went 1-9 this season. Or am o mistaken. So if I'm
right how do they have the top passing offense in the state?
BelfryPride Wrote:Belfry Middle School Pirates - 28
Wayne County Middle School Cardinals - 6

Can the High School complete the sweep?
According to their fans,Belfry shouldn't even show up. They are gonna destroy us. I know that's not the exact words. But you made it clear that you think Wayne Co. Is superior. Yeah right!!!!
Go Big Red! Wrote:BRIDESMAIDS!!!
Yep that's what you call a belfry pirate in the state title game!!

That makes Corbin what exactly? An uninvited guest who doesn't bring a gift?

Ride those coat tails to find some reason to still be interested in the outcome of this weekends games. I can't remember the last time in Belfry's program that the Pirates would be happy to settle for a first round playoff win. Tough times in red hound country I guess

Waynes middle school was not undefeated....
This is Wayne County's year. No stopping them now.
The_Rock Wrote:This is Wayne County's year. No stopping them now.
Yeah if your Corbin, central, or tilghman. This is Belfry.
skully03 Wrote:According to their fans,Belfry shouldn't even show up. They are gonna destroy us. I know that's not the exact words. But you made it clear that you think Wayne Co. Is superior. Yeah right!!!!

Now skully...we met last night and you know I was the biggest Belfry fan at the Barn..I mean Bourbon Co. That Pirate flag will make the trip with me to Bowling Green and that's a promise! I'm just trying to avoid the drama on the board haha. I want Wayne fans to answer the questions as to why they think they will beat Belfry.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  •  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next