Poll: Who Wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Boyle County
64.71%
Russell County
35.29%
* You voted for this item.

•  Previous
  • 9(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boyle County @ Russell County 2nd Round
Boyle 28-13
rc58 Wrote:woooooooooo,ready for some football

Like I said before, the catch was MORE impressive than the hit. The Player not only caught the ball, he even got up quickly.
FBfan4life Wrote:Like I said before, the catch was MORE impressive than the hit. The Player not only caught the ball, he even got up quickly.

Make no mistake about it RC will hit you and hit you hard...But as bad as I hate to admit it I actually agree with you. That was a great catch..you may not have noticed but the young man who made that catch has to deal with a physical disadvantage to even catch the ball. He is a leader on and off the field (he gathered both teams for prayer after the game). Just wanted to give a shout out to a great young man with a bright future ahead of him.
Read the complete post..... I was talking "non-district". Knox is a district team.
From that video it looks like the PC quarterback was easily finding open recievers. If Russell's pass defense isn't better than that on Friday night, Boyle will score at will. Whittle and his recievers are playing at a very high level as of late.
Patriot49 Wrote:From that video it looks like the PC quarterback was easily finding open recievers. If Russell's pass defense isn't better than that on Friday night, Boyle will score at will. Whittle and his recievers are playing at a very high level as of late.

In this early season game the coverage was a bit soft. PC's QB (who is similar to Whittle) was quite successful finding some openings. He also found two Lakers for INTs, but never seemed to find the end zone.

This was early September, I believe the same night BC moved to 1-3. So, that's about how much relevance it will have on 11/9.
Friday looks to be a good night for football, weather wise.

I was looking at some videos on youtube on Russell County earlier this year and thier field looks to be a really good grass field. How has it held up this late in the season? Seen where Russell moved thier bench on the baseball field side with the chains.

Really looking forward to Friday night! The KHSAA has 7:30 kickoff time. Is that Central or Easter time?
Rebel55 Wrote:Friday looks to be a good night for football, weather wise.

I was looking at some videos on youtube on Russell County earlier this year and thier field looks to be a really good grass field. How has it held up this late in the season? Seen where Russell moved thier bench on the baseball field side with the chains.

Really looking forward to Friday night! The KHSAA has 7:30 kickoff time. Is that Central or Easter time?

Our field is pretty good for grass. We only had 4 home games, and none were in the rain. So, it's good. The seating will be different with the added bleachers. I wish that we didn't have the combined football/baseball field, but it is what it is.

I saw that the time was posted as 7:30 as well, and KHSAA typically has the host time zone. So I'm assuming this is Central time at this point, but can't verify for certain.

Gonna be a great game.
rc58 Wrote:Yeah, maybe they come close again, if you call 14 close ,35 to 21 Russell county.

Didn't mean to strike a nerve. But maybe they do. Maybe Russell County comes in and just blows Boyle County off the field. No one knows for certain til Friday night.
I know this had been mentioned before. But I'm looking forward to the thread of this game after it's over. It should be interesting.
JustGoWithIt Wrote:Didn't mean to strike a nerve. But maybe they do. Maybe Russell County comes in and just blows Boyle County off the field. No one knows for certain til Friday night.

No ,no nerve this is a lot of fun?, huh? ,cant wait till friday, and the post game thread ,afterward. Everybody belives in there team,should be a lot of fun, looks like the game of the week on bluegrass rivals,may the best team win.
JustGoWithIt Wrote:I know this had been mentioned before. But I'm looking forward to the thread of this game after it's over. It should be interesting.

I was thinking the same thing. Win or Loose - I will be on here stating my opinion as to how the game went. I know Jack doesn't think too highly of me, but I call things the way I see them and will after this game no matter the outcome.

I can serve crow or eat it if necessary!
So, let's say either team has a 14 point advantage at half. What does everyone think their team would do adjustments wise on offense if trailing?
laker20 Wrote:So, let's say either team has a 14 point advantage at half. What does everyone think their team would do adjustments wise on offense if trailing?

Id say, if your up, you keep doing what your doing with great intensity, until they stop you!
Both of these teams have great coaches, Im sure they will be going at it strategy wise alnight as well ,cant wait, big time feeling, like a big game in my gut!
I wish Tersa Ellis would let me dj this one ,been thinking about all the good songs i would play,scratch that explicit!
laker20 Wrote:So, let's say either team has a 14 point advantage at half. What does everyone think their team would do adjustments wise on offense if trailing?

It depends on what is happening in the game. Obviously you would need to put some points up quickly and might have to go more to the passing game, and sounds like RC's strength is the running game. BC has a balanced attack, but I feel their running game is also their strength. So if either team gets up 14, it could spell trouble for the other.
rc58 Wrote:

Is that what u played in the locker room after mercer smacked you guys in the mouth. :welcome:
rc58 Wrote:I wish Tersa Ellis would let me dj this one ,been thinking about all the good songs i would play,scratch that explicit!

I wish they could spring for some new speakers to surround the field on the new lights. It would be awesome if we could get the whole stadium rocking during the games.

Boyle has been down 14 in the past and come back. I would think they could do the same again if needed.

Has Russell County been down this year? If not this could be another key to the game as to how their players will handle it, if they get behind?
sawmill Wrote:Is that what u played in the locker room after mercer smacked you guys in the mouth. :welcome:

No, it's what the Admirals were playing as they drove away having humiliated the Rebels with a gold old fashioned beat down......:flame:
sstack Wrote:It depends on what is happening in the game. Obviously you would need to put some points up quickly and might have to go more to the passing game, and sounds like RC's strength is the running game. BC has a balanced attack, but I feel their running game is also their strength. So if either team gets up 14, it could spell trouble for the other.

You are thinking like me stack. I would expect the Lakers to focus on a run oriented attack focusing on executing blocks into the secondary in an attempt to get the running backs through to the Safeties. I would expect BC to focus on a more traditional passing attack.

I do agree with the above post....if you get a lead, you continue playing. I hate when teams play to maintain the lead and ultimately loose focus. It happens in every sport at every level.
Rebel55 Wrote:Boyle has been down 14 in the past and come back. I would think they could do the same again if needed.

Has Russell County been down this year? If not this could be another key to the game as to how their players will handle it, if they get behind?

Yes, the Lakers went to North Laurel with a bit of a chip and a lot of new offensive sets. After throwing and INT on the first drive, NL got out in front. The game went back and forth, with the Lakers being down late in the 4th. We moved our best players in on defense and focused on our core offensive sets. It quickly became a lopsided affair.
laker20 Wrote:No, it's what the Admirals were playing as they drove away having humiliated the Rebels with a gold old fashioned beat down......:flame:

You have made several posts referring to the Rebels being "beat down" or blown out. I don't consider a 3 point loss at LexCath, or a last second TD by Danville being blowouts. The only game that the Rebels may have been soundly beaten was the John Hardin game. There is no excuse for the Danville loss, just one of those things that happens in rivalry games.
:thatsfunn
rc58 Wrote:

:thatsfunn:please:
laker20 Wrote:I was thinking the same thing. Win or Loose - I will be on here stating my opinion as to how the game went. I know Jack doesn't think too highly of me, but I call things the way I see them and will after this game no matter the outcome.

I can serve crow or eat it if necessary!

I'm sure a comment will be made about the officials too.
  •  Previous
  • 9(current)
  • Next