Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Harlan County 36 - Morristown-Hamblen East, TN 0
Final from Morristown-Hamblen East, TN in the Tribunal Bowl
Congrats Black Bears!
Good game by the Bears! Still have a few things to work on. Passing game looking good. Going to be a fun year. Still can't get over that big following. Lots of happy Harlan County fans tonight.
it was 8-0 at halftime and harlan came out in third and scored 3 tds to blow open the game. harlan is not as big as they were last year but they seem to be alot more quicker.
HC gave up less than 60 total yards tonight. HC had the ball on the 1 yd line twice in the 2nd quarter but penalized their way out of the red zone. Lots of good passes and catches. Untelling how many yards HC had on offense. It was total domination. JV entered in the 3rd quarter up 30-0 and played a great game. East had great a great stadium and east Tennesseee supports their football.
Congrats Black Bears!
Congrats HC on a nice win in a terrific football environment. We made the trip over from Barbourville to catch the game and had a nice time watching a KY team pummel a TN foe.

My take on HC this year is that they are a fundamentally sound team that will compete well against anyone on their schedule. They are far smaller than the Grizzilies on the line they have had in the past but seem to make up for it with speed. The team you faced tonight would struggle to beat most mountain teams from what I saw. Take away a few first half goofs and the game would have been even more lopsided as they had no shot at stopping the HC power running attack with those small d-lineman. Your QB ran the ball well when needed too - just and overall excellent performance by the HC team.

Great game. Looking forward to our game later in the year. Should be a dandy.
Total domination, if Cody Taylor can round into form we will truly have a thteep
Glad to see the Black Bears start the season off right, especially against a TN team!!

Congrats Harlan Co!!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
8/20/2011
Harlan Co. 36 Morristown East (Tenn.) 0

Harlan Co. 8 0 15 13 36
Morristown East (Tenn.) 0 0 0 0 0
Scoring summary:
HC--Marcus McMillian 1 run (Jake Milton run). HC--Austin Maggard 29 pass from Jordy Brewer (McMillian run). HC--McMillian 19 run (Josh Jenkins kick). HC--McMillian 2 run (Jenkins kick). HR--Jake Allred 3 run (kick blocked).
Records: Harlan Co. 1-0, Morristown East 0-1

Read more: http://www.kentucky.com/2010/08/17/13961...z1VfMLjdIE
:letsparty

Whoo Hoo!....Good game!...it was great seeing those Filthy Animals back in action!!...:redboxer:.....I was so proud of all the fans that travelled to support the team too!...lets keep it up!...:Thumbs:

It's great to get a "W" down in the books!...hope we keep this going as we go up against Dunbar next week!

Go HC [COLOR="red"][COLOR="Black"]Black Bears!!!!...GRRRR....GRRRR!!![/COLOR][/COLOR]Confusedmallchee
Congrats Black Bears! We listened to this one on the radio, really hated to miss the season opener, but had our little nephew's first birthday party to attend in Richmond and I couldn't miss that even for the Bears, lol. It sounded like from what the announcers said that there was a MASSIVE HC following over in Morristown last night...AWESOME! TongueirateSho
:yikes::yikes: Brewer 8-12 for 134 :popcorn::popcorn:
Way to represent Ky. and the mountains!!!!!! Mo. East was below .500 last year but was suppose to be better this year.

Good job Bears!!!
Filthy Animal Wrote::letsparty

Whoo Hoo!....Good game!...it was great seeing those Filthy Animals back in action!!...:redboxer:.....I was so proud of all the fans that travelled to support the team too!...lets keep it up!...:Thumbs:

It's great to get a "W" down in the books!...hope we keep this going as we go up against Dunbar next week!

Go HC [COLOR="red"][COLOR="Black"]Black Bears!!!!...GRRRR....GRRRR!!![/COLOR][/COLOR]Confusedmallchee

You guys will Drill Dunbar. They only won 1 game last year and 2 back in 2009. So only 3 wins in 2 seasons.
Congrats Black Bears.
Also very proud of #66 getting his first start as a Black Bear! :Clap:
Who's number 66?
Congratulations HC Bears on your first win of the season!!!!

Looking forward to next week's game with Paul Dunbar in the Fayette County Bowl. Also, hoping for a cold front on that day, as we play at 3 p.m.
:please:

Go Black Bears!!!
I wis i knew how the Whitley/Dunbar scrimmage went to gage off Harlan Co.
Anybody heard anything? Ive been out of town this weekend and havent got home to talk to anyone about it.
Nice press In the Knoxville newspaper.

Harlan County (Ky.) 'pound, pound, pound's Morristown East
Patriot Wrote:Total domination, if Cody Taylor can round into form we will truly have a thteep

Sorry I was in and out typing this I was trying to say we would have a three headed monster...four headed if you count Jordy scrambling.
Black Bear Phenom Wrote:Who's number 66?

#66 is Mr. Tyler Ely who is showing that hard work in the weight room and on the practice field can earn you a spot. He did well last night!
Enjoyed the trip to Morristown last night and enjoyed the game between Harlan County and Morristown East. The Black Bear looked real good and got a good win. Will travel to Lexington next saturday to watch the game. Go Bears.
Intimidator Wrote:Nice press In the Knoxville newspaper.

Harlan County (Ky.) 'pound, pound, pound's Morristown East

From the sounds of the newspaper article, it seems that the Filthy Animal defense is filthier than ever!!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
So proud of our Black Bears, they looked so good last night. The Filthy Animals defense was awesome. What can you say about 36-0. other than WOOHOO!!!
I was so glad to see so many fans make the trip to Morristown, Our Black Bear Nation just keeps growing.

:Wave: GO BEARS!!!! :Wave:
Bear gotta get ready for Dunbar! One game at a time boys!!!!
Game time is at 3:00 p.m. saturday. Hope the weather cools down soon or hope it is a cloudy day. Go Black Bears.
congrats to HC