Poll: Who wins this 3A Semi Final Game ?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Belfry
62.64%
Somerset
37.36%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Somerset @ Belfry 11/26
well this is it to go to Bowling Green, should be a better game than most think, Somerset comes back and wins with a big int and hold off the Bobcats,this is Belfrys 7th final 4 in 8yrs yrs, whoever holds on to the ball wins this one..
I hope we can shut down the pass. From what I've heard, Somerset is about as pass happy as PCC. Hopefully our corners are up to the challenge and we can control the clock like we have in the past.
Man, this will be **** of a game. I'll make a prediction later.
This should be a barn burner. I can't wait. See you all @ CAM.. GO BIG RED!!
It should be a dandy, but I will have to with the Jumpers.
cuppett777 Wrote:well this is it to go to Bowling Green, should be a better game than most think, Somerset comes back and wins with a big int and hold off the Bobcats,this is Belfrys 7th final 4 in 8yrs yrs, whoever holds on to the ball wins this one..

If the Pirate's get turnovers and take advantage of them, they win. Otherwise, I think Somerset wins 35-21
Twitter: @tc_analytics

We will definately have to guard the pass. If we continue to play the way we have the last two weeks, I think we can pull this one out...:Cheerlead
Pirates are playing now with more emotion, strength, dedication, devotion, and heart than I've seen all season! (Well, other than the PC game)...... The community is behind them.... banners, decorations, and full fledged support for the pirates will rein again next Friday night! Cam was rockin tonight as it will be next week!!!

If you need assistance feel free to e-mail me at:
[email=phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com]phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com[/email]
phs1986 Wrote:Pirates are playing now with more emotion, strength, dedication, devotion, and heart than I've seen all season! (Well, other than the PC game)...... The community is behind them.... banners, decorations, and full fledged support for the pirates will rein again next Friday night! Cam was rockin tonight as it will be next week!!!

well i am not there but here rooting them on, glad to hear that..TongueirateSho
The Pond Creek Nation loves our Pirates!! CAM will be rocking next week too. We will have signs all over for Somerset to see on their way into Belfry. I hope the baby doesn't decide to come early, I would hate to miss this!!
LET'S GO PIRATES!!
Pirategirl Wrote:The Pond Creek Nation loves our Pirates!! CAM will be rocking next week too. We will have signs all over for Somerset to see on their way into Belfry. I hope the baby doesn't decide to come early, I would hate to miss this!!
LET'S GO PIRATES!!

maybe it will come out after a score,lol
Somerset by a TD
Lets go belfrey!!
this is per Massey rating Somerset 36-Belfry 14, we know there rating havent been to good..
Jumpers will have to play better than they did tonight to win at the CAM. I think they will, Somerset 38-21.
Belfry is playing some great football, but I'll take the Jumpers by 14.

Should be a great game!
Somerset wins..But not by much...Somerset 28-Belfry 21!
i am going with belfry in this one.believe they have caught fire. and no firemans around.BELFRY 28 SOMERSET 14 .:devilflam
Belfry by 2 tds
Jumpers will need to play quite a bit better than they did last night to win this week.

I'm very very pround of the effort and character they showed last night when it looked in the first half like it just wasn't going to be their night.

Somerset's season was ended by Belfry when these Seniors were freshmen in the Region Finals, hopefully this weeks game will go our way.
I'll take Belfry, 28-21
Belfry will win this one, especially since it is being played at the CAM.
Coach Haywood knows what it takes to win playoff games and get his team to Bowling Green, but Somerset is a heck of a team. If Somerset plays like they did against Breathitt, the Pirate ship will sail to Bowling Green, however, I think the Jumpers will come out more prepared and ready to play this week. That being said, I can't even make a prediction, all I know is that this will be a heck of a football game and whoever wins it deserves to be in the title game.
Good luck belfry
cuppett777 Wrote:maybe it will come out after a score,lol

Let's hope not, lol. I hope she waits until middle of Dec. as scheduled.. :Thumbs:
Pirategirl Wrote:Let's hope not, lol. I hope she waits until middle of Dec. as scheduled.. :Thumbs:

AH, no problem if she does decide she wants to come to a Belfry football game.... We'll deliver her right there and wrap her up in a big ole' Pirate blanket!!! Smile

Belfry will be prepared.... Both physically and mentally.... Football for the pirates at this point and time is clickin on all cylinders!!!

If you need assistance feel free to e-mail me at:
[email=phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com]phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com[/email]
I noticed from Sports Overtime that Breathitt Co. outgained Somerset 490 yards to like 230 or something like that? I like to hear a little bit more about that.

From the highlights it looked like Breathitt broke several long runs.
PaytoPlay Wrote:I noticed from Sports Overtime that Breathitt Co. outgained Somerset 490 yards to like 230 or something like that? I like to hear a little bit more about that.

Breathitt got to keep their long runs. Also, we really only had a hand full of first downs because we were turning the ball over so much. I feel good about the fact that we can get it that situation and scrap out a win, but I hope we never get in that situation again.
PaytoPlay Wrote:I noticed from Sports Overtime that Breathitt Co. outgained Somerset 490 yards to like 230 or something like that? I like to hear a little bit more about that.

I expect Belfry to have a significant size and strength advantage up front vs. Somerset's D.

The story of this game comes down to:

1) Will Belfry only rush three and drop everyone else? Somerset has a very good RB and if the QB can sit and pick his spots he will tear Belfry apart. Belfry's success with PC earlier this season directly coincided with PC abandoning the run and Belfry having a little bit more pressure on the QB.

2)Turnovers. If Belfry turns the ball over 3X like last night they lose the game. If either team gets a short field the other team is in big trouble.

3) Pace of the game. If this game ends up a shootout then it distinctly favors Somerset, if Belfry can grind the ball with multiple ball carriers then it will play an immediate impact at also impacting the Jumper Defense.

I have harped on Belfry having that "perfect game" where they do not shoot themselves in the foot with costly penalties, special teams blunders, and they protect the ball. Belfry does not have to have a perfect game to beat Somerset, but they still need an "A" performance.

If one looks at records you see a 13-0 #1 team taking on a 9-4 team. What is lost in that is the fact I could very easily see Belfry being 12-1 or 13-0 with the same schedule. The Pirates should be a small underdog in this, but I expect a great game.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:I expect Belfry to have a significant size and strength advantage up front vs. Somerset's D.

The story of this game comes down to:

1) Will Belfry only rush three and drop everyone else? Somerset has a very good RB and if the QB can sit and pick his spots he will tear Belfry apart. Belfry's success with PC earlier this season directly coincided with PC abandoning the run and Belfry having a little bit more pressure on the QB.

2)Turnovers. If Belfry turns the ball over 3X like last night they lose the game. If either team gets a short field the other team is in big trouble.

3) Pace of the game. If this game ends up a shootout then it distinctly favors Somerset, if Belfry can grind the ball with multiple ball carriers then it will play an immediate impact at also impacting the Jumper Defense.

I have harped on Belfry having that "perfect game" where they do not shoot themselves in the foot with costly penalties, special teams blunders, and they protect the ball. Belfry does not have to have a perfect game to beat Somerset, but they still need an "A" performance.

If one looks at records you see a 13-0 #1 team taking on a 9-4 team. What is lost in that is the fact I could very easily see Belfry being 12-1 or 13-0 with the same schedule. The Pirates should be a small underdog in this, but I expect a great game.

It should be a heck of a game. Somerset is small on the defensive front but I don't know if I'd count on the Pirates having a definate strength advantage. Trey Slaughter has squatted over 600 pounds and his brother Tevin is not far behind him. It will be a definate contrast in styles. Somerset has a more balanced offense than Pike County Central and have actually rushed for more yards than they have thrown for. CAM is a tough place to play and Belfry seems to be peaking at the right time. Somerset has an experience advantage that will help. I haven't been to Belfry before but I'm looking forward to seeing their facility. Should be a great game.