Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chad Johnson Fined
Chad Johnson was fined $5,000 for his touchdown celebration when he picked up the pylon and putted the ball. What is your reaction to this?
i think it is stupid..the players should be able to have a lil fun.. especially when they score a touchdown. its ike the nfl is taking all the fun out of playing.it seemes that as soon as the players score they have to go sit down...its stupid imo!!!!
I think there was nothing wrong with what he done, I personally liked it. He should not be fined for celebrating.
what was the reason behind the fine? i dont see anything wrong with what he did.
probably messing with the officals equipment is a violation of some obscure rule
That would be my reasoning as well. He picked up part of the playing field and equipment and used it. Either way, 5000 is chump change to him and i'm sure he doesn't care in the least bit.
He may not but its all getting out of hand fined for wearing socks to low or different type shoes, not letting them have a lttel fun its taking the fun out of watching anymore.
I think it's stupid they fined him.. he is just entertaining his audience
Whats funny was he called the NFL and asked if he could do it and they said no and he still did..
I think they should be allowed a 10 second celebration after touchdown..i always like seeing what new dance or jesters they come up with..just as long as they keep it clean.
"Tomcat68" Wrote:That would be my reasoning as well. He picked up part of the playing field and equipment and used it. Either way, 5000 is chump change to him and i'm sure he doesn't care in the least bit.

Yep, he could find that in his couch. If they really wanted to try to make a change, then they need to raise the fines. I'm sure 50 grand would start making them change there mind.
NFL just tryin to put the hammer down on TD celebrations like that....but i think its stupid myself
I see nothing wrong at all with it! The fans love it and pay for it! Why not make them happy! The reason for the fine was due to the fact he asked and they said no! He wouldn't have been fined if he just did it without asking! He is a great player that likes to have fun! I see no harm at all in it, but I live the Bengals and might be bias!!
Thats just like making a normal person pay 5 bucks no big deal for johnson.