Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Johnson Central 36 - Breathitt County 14
Congrats eagles good win.
Nice win for JC. And BC's pain continues.
CatDawg Wrote:Great win for the Eagles. Congrats and good luck next week. Not trying to start anything but I just don't see how JC doesn't at least try one pass attempt. Was that stat from WYMT correct no passes? This late in the year need to be mixing it up some more moving into district play. Just my opinion which we all know what its worth. LOL
I dont know how many times you should keep attempting, when it is obvious that it aint gonna work. Not this year, anyways, IMO.
I would do no bragging about beating breathitt county,but great win by JC, 2 in a row

Why not? SC fans did when they did.:biggrin:

Just kidding!!
Mr.Kimball Wrote:I dont know how many times you should keep attempting, when it is obvious that it aint gonna work. Not this year, anyways, IMO.
I haven't seen them play, so I'm unaware of anything except WYMT. Do they just not have the ability?
CatDawg Wrote:I haven't seen them play, so I'm unaware of anything except WYMT. Do they just not have the ability?

I just think there are too many young/inexperienced players in the receiving positions right now. I think that Hall and Sanor are capable of throwing the ball, but both have made poor decisions of throwing it into crowds up to this point when we have tried to pass.

The best arm, perhaps up and down the river (maybe the mountains ) is TE Cody Parker. He has a cannon, but I dont think he understands offense well enough to play the QB position, and/or is mobile enough to execute all phases of the offense.
Mr.Kimball Wrote:I just think there are too many young/inexperienced players in the receiving positions right now. I think that Hall and Sanor are capable of throwing the ball, but both have made poor decisions of throwing it into crowds up to this point, when we have tried to pass.

The best arm, perhaps up and down the river (maybe the mountains ) is TE Cody Parker. He has a cannon, but I dont think he understands offense well enough to play the QB position, and/or is mobile enough to execute all phases of the offense.

Couldn't agree more. When our passes are called, it seems there's usually one receiver in the pattern, and the QBs don't really explore any other option than to throw it to that guy - whether they're taught to throw to the designated receiver by coaches or they just don't have the ability to check down to another receiver, I don't know, but generally when it's a pass everybody in the building can tell where they're looking and where it's going. Usually that one receiver is blanketed by two or three defenders, and it's an INT.
Mr.Kimball Wrote:I would do no bragging about beating breathitt county,but great win by JC, 2 in a row

Why not? SC fans did when they did.:biggrin:

Just kidding!!

I actually thought the SC fans were fairly kind in their comments (or lack thereof) on here after our game, especially knowing how much passion they had about that game. They could've been a lot worse. I appreciated the graciousness that most of them showed.
Diogenes Wrote:I actually thought the SC fans were fairly kind in their comments (or lack thereof) on here after our game, especially knowing how much passion they had about that game. They could've been a lot worse. I appreciated the graciousness that most of them showed.
I agree with you on that, just kidding around with Wildcat.

I think a lot of people were astonished with SC beating Breathitt Co. in the season opener. However, most of the luster from that win has been diminished, with the "been there/done that" attitude that has been echoed by fans of other Breathitt Co. opponents.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:FWIW, the problem with playing "possum" is the fact that more times than not when the possum rolls over in the middle of the road and gets ran over he doesn't get back up. If Breathitt loses to Hazard I have a feeling Brahma Bull's possum may be roadkill following their 5th straight loss.

Excuse me folks but never mind what the radio said.......Channings dad told me when he came out of the locker room they took him to the hospital for a possible ruptured spleen .No laughing matter there or reason to question toughness.That's a possible LIFE THREATNING injury.Haven't talked to them yet today but I've heard about enough crap about his toughness.:devilflam
OrangenowBlue Wrote:How many people still believe Breathitt will win state this year.

I do.
BobcatStuckInPowell Wrote:Excuse me folks but never mind what the radio said.......Channings dad told me when he came out of the locker room they took him to the hospital for a possible ruptured spleen .No laughing matter there or reason to question toughness.That's a possible LIFETHREATNING injury.Haven't talked to them yet today but I've heard about enough crap about his toughness.:devilflam
I am really starting to question the hearts of the posters on this site. They seem to have none and no common sense to go along with it when it comes to bashing kids. You would think that a moderator would step in and stop it, but it is Breathitt and it seems as if they have a longer leash as far as what they will let go as compared to other teams players.
Twitter: @tc_analytics

Mr.Kimball Wrote:I just think there are too many young/inexperienced players in the receiving positions right now. I think that Hall and Sanor are capable of throwing the ball, but both have made poor decisions of throwing it into crowds up to this point when we have tried to pass.

Thanks for the clearing that up.
TheBrahmaBull Wrote:I am really starting to question the hearts of the posters on this site. They seem to have none and no common sense to go along with it when it comes to bashing kids. You would think that a moderator would step in and stop it, but it is Breathitt and it seems as if they have a longer leash as far as what they will let go as compared to other teams players.
I hadn't seen anything. However, I haven't read the entire thread as of yet. Will do so at this time and take care of whatever needs to be. Guys and gals anytime you question whether something needs to be on here or not just PM one of us or at least me and if I'm on I'll check it ASAP. I don't care whom it is we need to keep it clean. Thanks for the heads up.
Good job Johnson Central Hang on Breathitt will be okay
Congrats JC
Right now breathitt dosnt even look like there going to make it to the postseason
Pond creek nation Wrote:Right now breathitt dosnt even look like there going to make it to the postseason

Breathitt will make it to the playoffs. how far they will go idk but they will go. every team in there district goes to the playoffs no matter what because theres only 4 teams in there district instead of 5. Breathitt, Estill, Powell, Magoffin will all go to the postseason!

anyone know how long channing is gonna be out or is he gonna be able to play next week???
Congrats JC. Nice win.
i just found out that all Channing has is just a Bruised Hip
Good to hear hope he is back and playing this week.
the person that told me that he had a bruised hip, also told me that they think he will play this upcoming week!
They definitely need him out there. We all know Breathitt won't be getting any production from the QB position.
Yea I hope he can play next week. God knows Breathitt cant score without him.
Stanky Leg Wrote:They definitely need him out there. We all know Breathitt won't be getting any production from the QB position.

Yea they will now.We got a new one and he did pretty good.Gives us a new look and more breathing room for Channing.Jade is now WR/H
OrangenowBlue Wrote:How many people still believe Breathitt will win state this year.
Breathitt doesn't have a great team . They have a great player, and you can't expect one player to do it all. Same with some of the other teams, just because you have a couple of good players and no help, you can't expect to have a hreat team