Poll: Montogomery County at Frederick Douglass
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Montogomery County
0%
Frederick Douglass
100.00%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Montgomery County @ Frederick Douglass 10/21
The (2-6) Indians of Montgomery Co. come down I-64 to "The Farm" to take on the (8-0) Broncos of Frederick Douglass. Kickoff is scheduled for 7:30pm and can be seen with subscription to the NFHS Network. The Indians are coming off a rough night at home suffering a 56-0 loss at the hands of Scott Co. The Broncos are coming off a 54-0 nothing win over Great Crossing.

The Broncos are averaging 46.25 points per game and that includes a 1-0 forfeit from Lafayette (52.7 without that game) and are only allowing less than 4 points per game on defense. The once again allowed a team less than 100 total yards vs Great Crossing who had 84 total yard and 60 of those we on the final drive of the game vs mostly freshmen and sophomores.  The Broncos vaulted defense is only allowing 82 total yards per game.

This will be the 5th time that Montgomery Co. and Frederick Douglass have played the Broncos are 4-0 in the series outscoring the Indians 196-14. Frederick Douglass has had 7 running clocks in the 7 games they have actually played this season and I expect it to be 8 this week.
Frederick Douglass Big!
Freddy D names the score, but I believe their unbelievably weak schedule will hurt them in the long run.
(10-18-2022, 06:32 PM)Jack Lambert Wrote: Freddy D names the score, but I believe their unbelievably weak schedule will hurt them in the long run.
Understand where you are coming from, but I don't think it is weak as some might think- Scrimmaged STX and Lex Cath both #1 in there Class, played Bryan Station who is rated in the top 10 in 6A, Dunbar who lost to Madison Cent. by 1 point, played Scott County who I think they are being a little overlooked because they are the only team in the top 10 in 5A that has played Douglas and outscored #2 Bowling Green in a scrimmaged by 2tds, and they are going to play Boyle Co.

(10-19-2022, 01:13 PM)Big Daddy Bull Wrote:
(10-18-2022, 06:32 PM)Jack Lambert Wrote: Freddy D names the score, but I believe their unbelievably weak schedule will hurt them in the long run.
Understand where you are coming from, but I don't think it is weak as some might think- Scrimmaged STX and Lex Cath both #1 in there Class, played Bryan Station who is rated in the top 10 in 6A, Dunbar who lost to Madison Cent. by 1 point, played Scott County who I think they are being a little overlooked because they are the only team in the top 10 in 5A that has played Douglas and outscored  #2 Bowling Green in a scrimmaged by 2tds, and Douglas still are going to play Boyle Co. IF they do not win a State Title this year in my opinion, something might need to change and more than likely going to 6A next year Woah
[-] The following 1 user Likes Big Daddy Bull's post:
  • 16BBall Fan
I
(10-19-2022, 01:13 PM)Big Daddy Bull Wrote:
Understand where you are coming from, but I don't think it is weak as some might think- Scrimmaged STX and Lex Cath both #1 in there Class, played Bryan Station who is rated in the top 10 in 6A, Dunbar who lost to Madison Cent. by 1 point, played Scott County who I think they are being a little overlooked because they are the only team in the top 10 in 5A that has played Douglas and outscored #2 Bowling Green in a scrimmaged by 2tds, and they are going to play Boyle Co.

Understand where you are coming from, but I don't think it is weak as some might think- Scrimmaged STX and Lex Cath both #1 in there Class, played Bryan Station who is rated in the top 10 in 6A, Dunbar who lost to Madison Cent. by 1 point, played Scott County who I think they are being a little overlooked because they are the only team in the top 10 in 5A that has played Douglas and outscored  #2 Bowling Green in a scrimmaged by 2tds, and Douglas still are going to play Boyle Co. IF they do not win a State Title this year in my opinion, something might need to change and more than likely going to 6A next year :woah:

I agree to a extent, but I don’t read anything into scrimmages and I do believe Douglas will be a tough out for Boyle and they very well may beat Boyle, but by looking at their schedule it will in no way prepare them for the teams they’ll face late in the playoffs, but I’ll be honest I’m a Diehard Boyle fan and Douglas worries me.
(10-18-2022, 06:32 PM)Jack Lambert Wrote: Freddy D names the score, but I believe their unbelievably weak schedule will hurt them in the long run.

i agree with what you said but I think what @BIG Daddy Bull was saying that with their one game and two scrimmages that because their hands are tied by the district that all they have under their control is the two scrimmages and the last game of the regular season from Douglass' point they try to schedule the best competition they can.
[-] The following 2 users Like 16BBall Fan's post:
  • Big Daddy Bull, Jack Lambert
(10-19-2022, 02:13 PM)Jack Lambert Wrote: I

Understand where you are coming from, but I don't think it is weak as some might think- Scrimmaged STX and Lex Cath both #1 in there Class, played Bryan Station who is rated in the top 10 in 6A, Dunbar who lost to Madison Cent. by 1 point, played Scott County who I think they are being a little overlooked because they are the only team in the top 10 in 5A that has played Douglas and outscored  #2 Bowling Green in a scrimmaged by 2tds, and Douglas still are going to play Boyle Co. IF they do not win a State Title this year in my opinion, something might need to change and more than likely going to 6A next year Woah

I agree to a extent, but I don’t read anything into scrimmages and I do believe Douglas will be a tough out for Boyle and they very well may beat Boyle, but by looking at their schedule it will in no way prepare them for the teams they’ll face late in the playoffs, but I’ll be honest I’m a Diehard Boyle fan and Douglas worries me.
Boyle has the right recipe to beat Douglas if they are going to lose a game. Running Qb that can also throw the ball and spread the field, that neutralize's there massive/athletic front 7.

Curious question, without me looking at Boyle's schedule, what teams do you think Boyle has played that will have them ready for Douglas just like you stated about Boyle? We have mentioned BG, and Douglas has seen both Bryan Station and Lex. Cath. Just would like to read your thoughts.
Henderson, Bowling Green, Bryan Station and Lexington Catholic would be the best teams Boyle has played and if you meant Boyle and Douglas, Freddy D hasn’t played Lexington Catholic this season.

(10-19-2022, 03:46 PM)Big Daddy Bull Wrote:

Understand where you are coming from, but I don't think it is weak as some might think- Scrimmaged STX and Lex Cath both #1 in there Class, played Bryan Station who is rated in the top 10 in 6A, Dunbar who lost to Madison Cent. by 1 point, played Scott County who I think they are being a little overlooked because they are the only team in the top 10 in 5A that has played Douglas and outscored  #2 Bowling Green in a scrimmaged by 2tds, and Douglas still are going to play Boyle Co. IF they do not win a State Title this year in my opinion, something might need to change and more than likely going to 6A next year :woah:

Boyle has the right recipe to beat Douglas if they are going to lose a game. Running Qb that can also throw the ball and spread the field, that neutralize's there massive/athletic front 7.

Curious question, without me looking at Boyle's schedule, what teams do you think Boyle has played that will have them ready for Douglas just like you stated about Boyle? We have mentioned BG, and Douglas has seen both Bryan Station and Lex. Cath. Just would like to read your thoughts.

I wasn’t talking about Douglas’s schedule preparing them to play Boyle I was talking about their schedule preparing them to play teams that they would face deep in the playoffs.
(10-19-2022, 08:12 PM)Jack Lambert Wrote: Henderson, Bowling Green, Bryan Station and Lexington Catholic would be the best teams Boyle has played and if you meant Boyle and Douglas, Freddy D hasn’t played Lexington Catholic this season.

(10-19-2022, 03:46 PM)Big Daddy Bull Wrote:

(10-19-2022, 01:13 PM)Big Daddy Bull Wrote: Understand where you are coming from, but I don't think it is weak as some might think- Scrimmaged STX and Lex Cath both #1 in there Class, played Bryan Station who is rated in the top 10 in 6A, Dunbar who lost to Madison Cent. by 1 point, played Scott County who I think they are being a little overlooked because they are the only team in the top 10 in 5A that has played Douglas and outscored  #2 Bowling Green in a scrimmaged by 2tds, and Douglas still are going to play Boyle Co. IF they do not win a State Title this year in my opinion, something might need to change and more than likely going to 6A next year Woah

(10-19-2022, 01:13 PM)Big Daddy Bull Wrote: Understand where you are coming from, but I don't think it is weak as some might think- Scrimmaged STX and Lex Cath both #1 in there Class, played Bryan Station who is rated in the top 10 in 6A, Dunbar who lost to Madison Cent. by 1 point, played Scott County who I think they are being a little overlooked because they are the only team in the top 10 in 5A that has played Douglas and outscored  #2 Bowling Green in a scrimmaged by 2tds, and Douglas still are going to play Boyle Co. IF they do not win a State Title this year in my opinion, something might need to change and more than likely going to 6A next year Woah

I wasn’t talking about Douglas’s schedule preparing them to play Boyle I was talking about their schedule preparing them to play teams that they would face deep in the playoffs.
Oh Ok, Douglas has seen Lex Cath. it was there first scrimmage, only a scrimmage but Douglas scored at will. I do not see anyone in 5A that can hang with Douglas, maybe Owensboro and that's just a guess. Just to be clear I think Boyle will beat Douglas again and the game is at Boyle.
(10-20-2022, 12:47 PM)Big Daddy Bull Wrote:
(10-19-2022, 08:12 PM)Jack Lambert Wrote: Henderson, Bowling Green, Bryan Station and Lexington Catholic would be the best teams Boyle has played and if you meant Boyle and Douglas, Freddy D hasn’t played Lexington Catholic this season.

(10-19-2022, 03:46 PM)Big Daddy Bull Wrote:
(10-19-2022, 01:13 PM)Big Daddy Bull Wrote: Understand where you are coming from, but I don't think it is weak as some might think- Scrimmaged STX and Lex Cath both #1 in there Class, played Bryan Station who is rated in the top 10 in 6A, Dunbar who lost to Madison Cent. by 1 point, played Scott County who I think they are being a little overlooked because they are the only team in the top 10 in 5A that has played Douglas and outscored #2 Bowling Green in a scrimmaged by 2tds, and they are going to play Boyle Co.

(10-19-2022, 01:13 PM)Big Daddy Bull Wrote: Understand where you are coming from, but I don't think it is weak as some might think- Scrimmaged STX and Lex Cath both #1 in there Class, played Bryan Station who is rated in the top 10 in 6A, Dunbar who lost to Madison Cent. by 1 point, played Scott County who I think they are being a little overlooked because they are the only team in the top 10 in 5A that has played Douglas and outscored #2 Bowling Green in a scrimmaged by 2tds, and they are going to play Boyle Co.

Oh Ok, Douglas has seen Lex Cath. it was there first scrimmage, only a scrimmage but Douglas scored at will. I do not see anyone in 5A that can hang with Douglas, maybe Owensboro and that's just a guess. Just to be clear I think Boyle will beat Douglas again and the game is at Boyle.

I hope you’re right about Boyle beating Douglas for Boyle’s RPI sake.
Beating I'm afraid.
Douglass leads 30-0 late in the first quarter.

Douglass now leads 37-0 about 1 minute into the 2nd quarter and has now started the running clock.

Douglass gets a three and out and after a Montgomery Co. punt on the Broncos first play from scrimmage they score on a 18 yard pass and now lead 44-0 with about 7 minutes left in the first half.

Douglass gets the ball to start the 3rd quarter and on their 6 play of the drive they score on a touchdown by Hart and now lead 51-0 with 6 minutes left in the 3rd quarter.
Montgomery Co. gets on the scoreboard to make it now 51-6 Douglass with 2 minutes to play in the 3rd quarter.

Douglass scores again and with 10:30 left to play to now lead 58-6.

Montgomery Co. picks up another touchdown to make it 58-13 with just under 2 minutes to play.