Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kentucky 50 North Carolina 0 (Border Bowl)
Team Kentucky with a 50-0 victory over Norrh Carolina. North Carolina May have finished the game with negative yardage.
Great win for Kentucky. However, North Carolina did not bring their best players to this bowl. The bowl the seniors here care about is the Shrine Bowl vs. South Carolina.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Jarons Wrote:Great win for Kentucky. However, North Carolina did not bring their best players to this bowl. The bowl the seniors here care about is the Shrine Bowl vs. South Carolina.

#1 Most years our best seniors play in the best of the bluegrass not this game.
#2 Why play in it at all if you can't put together a better team?
Jarons Wrote:Great win for Kentucky. However, North Carolina did not bring their best players to this bowl. The bowl the seniors here care about is the Shrine Bowl vs. South Carolina.

Not sure it would have mattered!
good win KY is about all one can say!
Great showing by all involved. Disappointed in what NC brought to field.
Nice win! SK Senior JJ Courtney led the defense in tackles.
Congratulations to team Kentucky and I can’t help you they brought
I would say one of two things happens: NC drops out after this pitiful showing, or there's more of an emphasis to field a better and more competitive team next year. If they can't field a more competitive team (don't try to tell me every single good player plays in the Shrine Bowl, the state has more good players than that), they are absolutely of no benefit to be in the Border Bowl and KY and TN would be better off either trying to include Virginia or just playing each other.
Who won Tennessee vs Georgia?
Didn't see a result posted anywhere
Way to go Kentucky!
footballfever Wrote:Who won Tennessee vs Georgia?

Georgia 13

Tennessee 0
Two years in a row for the Kentucky team great win guys
Congrats Ky.
Well done TEAM KY!!!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

-Mahatma Gandhi
While we are not on the "elite" level by a long shot in terms of top tier HS football states. I think KYHS football in general has improved over the last 10 years. Not sure what the cause is, maybe we were late to the party in the smaller school classes in regards to developments in strength and conditioning. But it does seem that football un this state is making strides and I couldnt be happier.
Whether or not NC fielded a competitive team, still nice to see KY spank NC. Based on the rosters, Kentucky fielded 15 more players than NC. That could have contributed to it as well.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON