Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paintsville 77 North Laurel 76
Final from South Laurel HS. Colby Fugate hits a buzzer beater for the win. Tigers move 4-2.
Congrats to Paintsville
Colby Fugate is one heck of a freshmen. Paintsville is young but they have some really solid ball players. Congrats on a big win.
Steven Ray Black posted a video of the “winning” shot to facebook. The shot should not have counted. The ball was in his hands as the horn went off.
It was close but def in his hands as horn sounded.
Nice win
Huggy_Bear Wrote:Steven Ray Black posted a video of the “winning” shot to facebook. The shot should not have counted. The ball was in his hands as the horn went off.

Game was at South Laurel, it goes by the LED lights on the backboard not the horn. I’ve seen the video and you can’t see the backboard light.
Very close, could have called it either way.
Even if u go by horn or lights. It’s still very close. Could argue if u was north or paintsville.
I still think north being a 13 team and refs 13th that they get that call but didn’t happen.
Paintsville has played a tough schedule, but it will make them better in the end .
ky playmaker Wrote:Even if u go by horn or lights. It’s still very close. Could argue if u was north or paintsville.

Point I was making was in reference to the specific video that was referenced. That video didn’t show the lights and per the rules you use the light first, horn is only if the gym doesn’t have the lights.