Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Announcer
Do you think a good announcer helps fires teams up? I think if the announcer gets into the game it helps. And also a player hearing his name pumps him up.
No, I don't.
I think a player who can't get himself mentally ready for a HS football game and has to depend on an announcer to "get him fired up" probably isn't very tough mentally and I would bet not very focused if he's even hearing the announcer.
I think a good announcer gets the crowd into the game. The players shouldn't be listening to what the "guy with the mike" is saying anyway!! LOL....
phs1986 Wrote:I think a good announcer gets the crowd into the game. The players shouldn't be listening to what the "guy with the mike" is saying anyway!! LOL....
I agree:thumpsup:
fox sports Wrote:No, I don't.
I think a player who can't get himself mentally ready for a HS football game and has to depend on an announcer to "get him fired up" probably isn't very tough mentally and I would bet not very focused if he's even hearing the announcer.
I couldn't have said it better myself:Thumbs:
Players after a tackle or something usually listens for their name. After the players congratulating him and then hearing his name and fans cheers then they should be pumped up.
TheyKnowMe Wrote:Players after a tackle or something usually listens for their name. After the players congratulating him and then hearing his name and fans cheers then they should be pumped up.
Not REAL players.
No offense to Pikevilles announcer now but I miss Randy Jones, just the excitement in his voice would get the crowd going.
The announcer is for the crowd only, imo. When I played, I'll honestly say that I never even heard the announcer I was so focused on the game. Unless a big play was broke, and the stadium went wild, I wasn't even aware there were people watching.
I never enjoyed hearing my name after a big play. We use to run the 32 cross buck 3 or 4 times per game and was always a big gainer so I knew it was coming.Smile
I enjoy listening to Johnson Central's announcer. Talk about one who
gets into the game. I never get tired of hearing TOUCHDOWN, GOLDEN EAGLES!!!!!!
yeah definatley
Crowd only, I never did hear anything said on the P.A., if your listening for it your mind's not where it should be.
i think a good mc helps a player get into the game.. its gets the crowd excited and into the game more and the more excited and loud the crowd is ...well who is to say it doesn't help get a team pumped up....b/c it does...
My "hubby" played football for several years and when I asked him what he thought about the announcers during ballgames when he played he looked at me and said.... "Announcers.... What announcers??"... LOL.... I guess he was one of those who didn't "listen to the game"... he just PLAYED!!!!
I think an announcer is a part of the "home-field-advantage" and should help fire up the home fans and team. There is a line that does not need to be crossed though, and that is not to taunt the other teams fans and players.
Twitter: @tc_analytics

TheBrahmaBull Wrote:I think an announcer is a part of the "home-field-advantage" and should help fire up the home fans and team. There is a line that does not need to be crossed though, and that is not to taunt the other teams fans and players.

good post...this is very true....some announcers have no respect for other teams....and whats sad is its not just high school games they do this but in the youth leagues as well....
dicky martin is the most disrespectful announcer i have ever had an encounter with in my life...he just makes the tomcat nation look bad they should get an announcer who does them justice
I was the greatest Wrote:dicky martin is the most disrespectful announcer i have ever had an encounter with in my life...he just makes the tomcat nation look bad they should get an announcer who does them justice

There's not a member of Tomcat Nation who would want anyone other than Dickie. He's the biggest supporter of the program there is. He says a lot of things that offend people, whether they be opposing fans, or Tomcat fans, but he's always speaking the truth, or giving his honest opinion.
Dickie For President!!! I could'nt imagine for the life of me anybody else ever announcing a tomcat football game. sure he's a little offensive sometimes, He says whats on his mind and I find it quite entertaining.
Only announcer I've seen that tries to fire a team up is Belfrys announcer !
Tomcat68 Wrote:There's not a member of Tomcat Nation who would want anyone other than Dickie. He's the biggest supporter of the program there is. He says a lot of things that offend people, whether they be opposing fans, or Tomcat fans, but he's always speaking the truth, or giving his honest opinion.
....when sc had to go to ashland on a monday to play their varsity game in 2001 and got crushed after ashland had their off week the friday before.and sc played a game....we were walking across the field and the great dickie gets on the pa and yells at our coach/preacher...to get off the field fat ass......that isn't entertaining that is bs and he needed his ass kicked...
Yes for the crowd. Played football for 9 years and never heard anything on the PA. If players are hearing something on the PA they aren't into the game that much.