Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pulaski Co. @ Madison Southern 10/11
I think you all underestimate Madison Southern a little much. I say this because you all are saying that this game is Damien Harris vs. Pulaski Co...This is not the case. Casey Dionne, the Sipple kid, and Dean are all capable of being HUGE factors in this game. Early in the year I think those kids were still unsure of their roles but that has since past. Coach Clark has done a GREAT JOB getting these kids to buy into their roles. I also know for a fact after the Dunbar game a few of the players stepped up and told the rest of the team they had to step up if they wanted more than 2nd place in this district. Pulaski may in fact be a touchdown better, but not on this night...GO EAGLES!!!
This is very easily the best game happening friday night in the area. I believe Madison Southern has to much speed for the Pulaski County team. Damien Harris is just to good to be stopped. He will rack up his usual 200+ and 2 or 3 scores. Madison wins this one 42-31
Gonna have to say - - AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW PC.
Since I have seen both teams play. I'd have to say over all Pulaski Co has MORE team speed then Madison Southern. Of course Southern has Damien Harris so that puts them over the edge simply bc of him. Farristown, not to start beef with my first post on this site but tell me exactly where this Southern team would be without Damien Harris...? I'd say they at least lose to Dunbar, and probably Madison Central. Without Damien Harris, those other guys don't hurt you. His presence alone opens up that other stuff up. I think this is the best game in the state come Friday, and I for one wish I could be in attendance.
I think PC is more battle tested all thou not by much.
PC is 7-0 against a combined record of 21-20
Southern is 6-0 against a combined record of 8-30.
(I think my math is correct on them.)

That being said.. I think Damien Harris is to much for the Maroons, and they win 35-28.
:pondering::ponderingTongueulaski travels well and I suspect Madison Southern will have a good crowd. Great weather is forecasted for Friday-Two of the top teams in 5A football, should make for an electric atmosphere.:rockon::rockon::rockon:
Didnt PC play at southern last year. why is this game not at PC this season. just curious
ataclance Wrote:Since I have seen both teams play. I'd have to say over all Pulaski Co has MORE team speed then Madison Southern. Of course Southern has Damien Harris so that puts them over the edge simply bc of him. Farristown, not to start beef with my first post on this site but tell me exactly where this Southern team would be without Damien Harris...? I'd say they at least lose to Dunbar, and probably Madison Central. Without Damien Harris, those other guys don't hurt you. His presence alone opens up that other stuff up. I think this is the best game in the state come Friday, and I for one wish I could be in attendance.

That being said.. I think Damien Harris is to much for the Maroons, and they win 35-28.

No beef here, and I have to agree with you. Madison Southern probably has two loses without Harris, but in the same respect MS defense is pretty dang good and those kids will flat out hit you. Other kids are stepping up for Southern and they get the luxury of being under the radar with Harris getting the limelight...and that's a good thing.
I heard a RUMOR yesterday that Madison Southern's superintendent had contacted the staff at Pulaski to let them know that MS would not be taking part in a post-game hand shake. Can someone confirm or deny that? Thought it was interesting.
Wildcat18 Wrote:I heard a RUMOR yesterday that Madison Southern's superintendent had contacted the staff at Pulaski to let them know that MS would not be taking part in a post-game hand shake. Can someone confirm or deny that? Thought it was interesting.

IF this is true, then what kind of example is the administration setting for these kids? Absolutely ridiculous. IMO... Part of the grit, tenacity, and respect of playing this great game is looking your opponent in the eyes and shaking their hands, win or lose.
Bunch of points will be scored in this one. A couple of defensive stops will be the difference.
Maroon Junction Boy Wrote:IF this is true, then what kind of example is the administration setting for these kids? Absolutely ridiculous. IMO... Part of the grit, tenacity, and respect of playing this great game is looking your opponent in the eyes and shaking their hands, win or lose.

With the recomendation from the KHSAA this week that postgame handshakes be done away with it doesn't suprise me. While the KHSAA didn't ban them they put the responsiblity, and liability, on the schools for policing the lines and will sanction them if anything happens. A lot of schools will not take that responsibilty. I'd say you'll see it a lot and as long as it has been communicated in advance I wouldn't take any offense to it.
Walt.... You're right, if it's communicated in advance that solves a lot of potential issues/headaches. It's just such a pathetic move by KHSAA in my opinion. I can't see many schools, if any, wanting to take on the responsibility/liability of policing the handshakes.
ataclance Wrote:Since I have seen both teams play. I'd have to say over all Pulaski Co has MORE team speed then Madison Southern. Of course Southern has Damien Harris so that puts them over the edge simply bc of him. Farristown, not to start beef with my first post on this site but tell me exactly where this Southern team would be without Damien Harris...? I'd say they at least lose to Dunbar, and probably Madison Central. Without Damien Harris, those other guys don't hurt you. His presence alone opens up that other stuff up. I think this is the best game in the state come Friday, and I for one wish I could be in attendance.

Not to change the subject but Harlan County beat Madison Central 49-6 at Central! The playoffs will be interesting! Can't wait to see the outcome of this one! Good luck to both teams.
Wildcat18 Wrote:I heard a RUMOR yesterday that Madison Southern's superintendent had contacted the staff at Pulaski to let them know that MS would not be taking part in a post-game hand shake. Can someone confirm or deny that? Thought it was interesting.

If that is the case I do not like it.
Pulaski by two touchdowns. The game will be close at half then PC will start putting points on the board quick. The game will be only two touchdowns because MS will refuse to throw the ball and will run a lot of clock to keep it close. If PC wins I don't see anyone stopping them for a chance to play in bowling green. Harlan has been a doormat to every good team they have played this year and have learned to lose big. If PC loses then it will bring a few other teams into play.
kyfun Wrote:Pulaski by two touchdowns. The game will be close at half then PC will start putting points on the board quick. The game will be only two touchdowns because MS will refuse to throw the ball and will run a lot of clock to keep it close. If PC wins I don't see anyone stopping them for a chance to play in bowling green. Harlan has been a doormat to every good team they have played this year and have learned to lose big. If PC loses then it will bring a few other teams into play.

We got beat by Belfry by 9, hardly a doormat.
Johnson Central and Greeneville, TN is way out of Pulaski's league.

Those are 3 very likely candidates for state champions in each class they play in. I know a bunch of people from Somerset area and they dont look forward to a matchup withe Blackbears, no one ever does because they usually lose and leave physically beat to death.
Harlan Co is like Peyton Manning....great regular season and playoffs well...I guess Peyton does have 1 ring.
ataclance Wrote:Harlan Co is like Peyton Manning....great regular season and playoffs well...I guess Peyton does have 1 ring.

Peyton also has 17 seasons under his belt, we have 5 full seasons. Big difference. It is not like we are playing Hazard to win the state title either, it is always Highlands or Bowling Green, always a nationally ranked team. We are after all just a bunch of country boys that dont get out much. Sorry to disappoint you.

Plus I guess that makes everyone else in the district or in this region like Matt Schaub.
Not everyone can be like Tom Brady aka Highlands, Trinity.
I was making an analogy..and don't use the "ole country boy" thing bc I am to.... Point is if you listen to HC fans, they are the greatest thing since sliced bread in those 5 years...yet they haven't done anything. Contrary to those outside of Harlan....other 6teams can play and can beat you. I've not see HC this year but I have seen PC. I'd take them over HC based.off what I saw. Also, in those 5 years how many regional games has HC won outside of Harlan co? I know 2011 at Southwestern Pulaski was a loss because I was at that game. A lot tougher to win playoff games outside of HC. Where would this year's reg game be?
ataclance Wrote:I was making an analogy..and don't use the "ole country boy" thing bc I am to.... Point is if you listen to HC fans, they are the greatest thing since sliced bread in those 5 years...yet they haven't done anything.

Your right we aint done nothing.
Haters are gonna Hate.
Pulaski is how old of a school again?

How many district /regional titles do they have? Curious
Gummie Bear Wrote:Your right we aint done nothing.
Haters are gonna Hate.

Idk.. haha and I dont care. I'm a Rebel fan. Not a Pulaski fan. Someone else can answer that. You still didn't answer my question..how many games playoff wise has HC won outside of Harlan Co? I honestly don't know. It's funny how years a program has been around can be used as a crutch or the the crowing point.

my apologies to to everyone. Back on topic.
Gummie Bear Wrote:Your right we aint done nothing.
Haters are gonna Hate.

Pulaski has fielded a varsity football team for 30 years.
District Runner ups 2002,2003,2007,2008
District Champions - 2009,2010,2012
Regional Runner Up - 2003.2010,2012
Regional Titles - 2009
Haven't seen either play but I am really excited about seeing the score of this one.
ataclance Wrote:I was making an analogy..and don't use the "ole country boy" thing bc I am to.... Point is if you listen to HC fans, they are the greatest thing since sliced bread in those 5 years...yet they haven't done anything. Contrary to those outside of Harlan....other 6teams can play and can beat you. I've not see HC this year but I have seen PC. I'd take them over HC based.off what I saw. Also, in those 5 years how many regional games has HC won outside of Harlan co? I know 2011 at Southwestern Pulaski was a loss because I was at that game. A lot tougher to win playoff games outside of HC. Where would this year's reg game be?

When you win your district three straight years you don't play many away games in the postseason. They have played only one road playoff game the last three years.
Harlan County won a road game each of the first two years, I think.
pc