Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Whitley County 2013
With the return of several starters, Whitley should be able to have another good year. I started this thread to put the schedule out, although im not sure of dates.

Non District Games
Morristown TN (Dont know if East or West yet)
Madison Southern
Clay County
Knox Central
Bell County
Boyle County
Rockcastle County

District
Harlan County
Perry County
Letcher County

Looking at the schedule, I had heard Harlan County wasnt playing with Morristown anymore so, I guess they decided to pick us up. I still dont know if it will be east or west yet in the first year. Clay and Rock both decided to resign after there was speculation they were going to drop us. Glad to see that happen, especially Rock. Bell and Boyle are both back on the schedule, and im excited about seeing Knox get added. Ive been saying drop Lynn Camp and add Knox for years and now thats happened, it helps us tremendously.

Ill try to get a roster together in a couple of days. We lost some big names, but overall it was a young team. Ysidro, Mills, Woods, etc, will all be juniors and sophomores this year. May take another year of rebuilding, but if this bunch stays together, then they have a legitimate shot at region in 2014, and maybe even next year.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:With the return of several starters, Whitley should be able to have another good year. I started this thread to put the schedule out, although im not sure of dates.

Non District Games
Morristown TN (Dont know if East or West yet)
Madison Southern
Clay County
Knox Central
Bell County
Boyle County
Rockcastle County

District
Harlan County
Perry County
Letcher County

Looking at the schedule, I had heard Harlan County wasnt playing with Morristown anymore so, I guess they decided to pick us up. I still dont know if it will be east or west yet in the first year. Clay and Rock both decided to resign after there was speculation they were going to drop us. Glad to see that happen, especially Rock. Bell and Boyle are both back on the schedule, and im excited about seeing Knox get added. Ive been saying drop Lynn Camp and add Knox for years and now thats happened, it helps us tremendously.

Ill try to get a roster together in a couple of days. We lost some big names, but overall it was a young team. Ysidro, Mills, Woods, etc, will all be juniors and sophomores this year. May take another year of rebuilding, but if this bunch stays together, then they have a legitimate shot at region in 2014, and maybe even next year.
Not next year Harlan will be much better that Whitley and the following year Pulaski County will be loaded for bear. Whitley will be a very good team just not good enough to win the region.
^
I love those who predict the future.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:^
I love those who predict the future.
Just telling you like I have for the last year-but you refuse to believe. TongueirateSho
That's a salty schedule for the Colonels. Looks good, but wish that WCHS and Corbin could come to an agreement to play that would be fair for both schools.
dodger Wrote:That's a salty schedule for the Colonels. Looks good, but wish that WCHS and Corbin could come to an agreement to play that would be fair for both schools.

If Whitley were able to replace Clay with Corbin, then i believe my perfect schedule ideas would be complete.

Whitley offered a home and return game and Jewell wouldnt take it.
Whitley vs Corbin would fill the seats up.
That is a tough schedule and depends on which Morristown team you play. I am saying 5-5 if it is East and 4-6 if West. Not being a hater cause I will root for District 8 in all their games just think this is a tough schedule. No I will change this cause I believe you will beat Bell also so I will go 6-4 if East and 5-5 if West. Good luck to WC.
Can't wait for the season to start already having Friday night withdrawals. Lol
panther nation Wrote:Can't wait for the season to start already having Friday night withdrawals. Lol

Im glad to have a series back with you guys.
It was fun playing Knox back in the day.
I believe the last time the two met were in 03 and 04, where Whitley won both, but that was before the turnaround of KC football.

Close game with a lot of fans always makes it fun.
bigguy989 Wrote:That is a tough schedule and depends on which Morristown team you play. I am saying 5-5 if it is East and 4-6 if West. Not being a hater cause I will root for District 8 in all their games just think this is a tough schedule. No I will change this cause I believe you will beat Bell also so I will go 6-4 if East and 5-5 if West. Good luck to WC.

I cant disagree with you.
This year I predicted a 6 win season and said anything above that would be exceeding expectations IMO, and having a 7 win season was good, but hopefully it taught some of these younger guys to want more.

The wierd thing about this upcoming year is that were young, but a lot of these guys got experience last years as frosh and sophs. Losing Bryant was big, and IMO will hurt us more on the defensive side of the ball. We had a pretty good senior class this year, and next year i believe we wont have a high senior count. Im not sure what Black will plan on doing, but i could see him moving Woods to the starting QB, with Ysidro and Mills and the backfield. The key, as it always is, is how many kids we play both ways. We had good numbers this past year and hopefully those kids who didnt get much action last year will be ready.

Looking at the schedule, the Morristown teams have competed with HC while they were playing and even pulled out a win. To be honest, i have no clue how that game could go. I think we could beat MS, as long as we contain Harris somewhat, but its not a sure thing, I think Clay County will be a win, Knox could be a good game as there rebuilding, and depending on where its at could be the factor, I think we could win against Rock and Bell, and I would assume Boyle is a bit of a stretch right now. Harlan County should be seen as a big favorite coming into this year, but Letcher and Perry are very winnable.

I think a 5 win season is where we stand and anythin at 7+ is a good year like last year. I honestly believe in 2014, this Whitley team will be very hard to beat.

Good luck to you guys as well. I always love seeing the rest of district 8 do well.
Whitley has got a lot of those games you want to see on the schedule. Bell, Knox,Harlan and Harris is one of those kids everybody who loves football will want to see the next two years. Coach Black has put together a fan friendly schedule.
Morristown West is the better team, they beat Harlan County 35-28 (I think) this year and Harlan County beat East 36-0 in 2011. It's a good place to play good atmosphere!