• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Collins 30 - Lafayette 21 (Scrimmage)
Final
Some stats for Collins:

Collins out gained Lafayette 360-353

Masai Whyte rushed for 130 yards and 2 TD's

Lawson Page passed for 123 yards and 1 TD and rushed for 70 yards and 1 TD

DeAndre Farris had 85 total yards and 1 interception
Collins gave up 3 big plays which resulted in all 3 of Lafayette's touchdowns. Other than that the defense did a pretty good job, coming up with big stops when they needed them. The offense looked pretty good as well. QB Lawson Page did a good job passing and running the ball. RB's Masai Whyte and DeAndre Farris looked very good tonight, they will be hard to stop. Collins shouldn't have much trouble scoring this year. It looks like it's going to be another good season for the Titans.
Have they fixed the field? Or did was the game at Shelby Co.?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
What Blue1424 left out was the fact that this game was decided by turnovers. Lafayette had 3 and Collins had 0. Lafayette had 2 big plays on offense that accounted for 164 yards. They had 353 yds total. I would say the 2 big plays on offense werent the only yardage.

Lafayette stats werent too shabby:
Garrett Peavler 14 for 18, 213 yds, 1 TD
Tranard Chester 7 rec, 146 yds, 1 TD
Kylan Nelson 10 carries, 148 yds, 1TD(punt return TD also)

However, Lawson Page is a very good football player.
Jarons Wrote:Have they fixed the field? Or did was the game at Shelby Co.?

Yes, it was played at Collins.

Hefty Lefty Wrote:What Blue1424 left out was the fact that this game was decided by turnovers. Lafayette had 3 and Collins had 0. Lafayette had 2 big plays on offense that accounted for 164 yards. They had 353 yds total. I would say the 2 big plays on offense werent the only yardage.

Lafayette stats werent too shabby:
Garrett Peavler 14 for 18, 213 yds, 1 TD
Tranard Chester 7 rec, 146 yds, 1 TD
Kylan Nelson 10 carries, 148 yds, 1TD(punt return TD also)

However, Lawson Page is a very good football player.

Turnovers did really hurt Lafayette.

I was impressed with the receiver #30. He's a big kid with a lot of speed, as well as the RB #23. Collins had trouble stopping both of them. Lafayette should have a good season this year.
Lafayette should put up 75 points against Mason County this week, but the next 2 games after that is murderers row. Lexington Cath and Bowling Green. Once they get through those games, I don not see them losing ( maybe to Madison Central and the playoffs ) any more games. Should be a nice season if they can get by MC in district.
Let's be for real, both teams wher playing a scrimmage. I sure both sides of the ball where just working on some things. I will say one thing, Lafayette has the biggest coaching staff that I have ever seen. How many ex Football players do they have on staff? Surprised Hefty didn't complain about the 15 officals that was on the field..
Tommy2tone Wrote:Let's be for real, both teams wher playing a scrimmage. I sure both sides of the ball where just working on some things. I will say one thing, Lafayette has the biggest coaching staff that I have ever seen. How many ex Football players do they have on staff? Surprised Hefty didn't complain about the 15 officals that was on the field..

15 officials for Collins or Lafayette.. or is that the people/ crowd watching from the stands?
LOL had lots officals working the game rotating in and out. According to some, they were all collins guys. BTW, huge crowd from both schools to just watch a scrimmage.
9 penalties on Lafayette(2 calling back TD's I think) and 3 penalties on Collins(1 calling back a TD). They were VERY flag happy in the red zone!!!