Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Two private schools play for the title, surprised?
Girls sports are much more dominated by private schools than boys, at least in my perspective.

But it gets overlooked by most people on both sides of the issue.

Do you think it is fair for private and public schools to play in the same division?
Here you go Coffee Man. This link will take you to a total breakdown of every sport recognized by the KHSAA and the state champions broke down all-time, over the last 10 years, and over the last 5 years between publics and privates.

http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/forum/sho...php?t=7006
Welcome to BlueGrassRivals

If you ever have any questions, problems, or comments, contact me at [email=tomcat6868@gmail.com]tomcat6868@gmail.com[/email] or via PM by clicking here [Image: http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/finalnewbanner3.png]
That is good stuff, Tomcat, thanks.

But nobody has really given any opinion on the big question.

Is it fair to leave them combined or should the split them? And why?
Well they don't need to split. It would just diminish the play all around. Also, in some sports (like football), there simply aren't enough private schools to make a tournament. I think if the KHSAA did a better job of effectively enforcing the rules to all schools while putting in more strict transfer rules, it would start to fix the problem quickly.

I'd honestly hate to see a total split between publics and privates in post season play.
I agree TC but then again we in the east until recently haven't even dealt that much with the public - private debate until late in post season. But with more private schools getting involved in sports on this side of the state we're starting to see the same issues pop up here. Does anyone think if two girls didn't have trouble with their coach at Russell that Rose Hill would have been in the title game?

Its getting to the point that kids transfer at the drop of the hat. If I think my chances for a title or playing time is better at another school then I'm gone. And then people wonder why the Tubby Smiths of this world can't control the big ego's when they get in college. Look at Mayo and what all he has done. He has used these schools as stepping stones to get where he wants to be. Is this bad in certain was yes but then again if its helping his chances in the future I can't say that I blame him or his family. But if we're going to have rules then they need to be enforced across the board.
Use the NCAA transfer rule. No matter what, you sit out 1 season on a transfer.
I think that Solomon himself would have trouble devising a fair system when it comes to transfers. Do you punish a child because their parents can't get along and get divorced. Do you punish a child because of a death in the family and the surviving parent decides to move back closer to family. It would take an army of Wall Street Lawyers, ACLU Lawyers and Merlin the Magician to come up with a working formula that is fair to all involved.