Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Clay County 30 South Laurel 13
Congrats to the Tigers in a dominating victory. The defence looked to be steller once again. GO BLACK AND GOLD!!!!!!!!:worthy:
Made the trip to Clay. South Laurel offense has no first downs in the first half and only two against Clay's starters for the game. South scored on a kickoff return in the first quarter and on the last play of the game against what looked to be a bunch of freshmen. South actually called timeout with 6 seconds left so their starting offense could score against Clay's third string defense. Clays defense dominated this one. The offense looked pretty good too.
The tiger Defense looked good, a very aggressive bunch that flies to wherever the ball is. The offense sputtered a time or two getting called for several yards worth of penalties. The Clay O line is young, and maybe a bit understaffed I know they lost the 6'4" 325 pound center to a broken leg. Let these young men get a few more snaps under their belt and this Clay team may just be a handful for anyone who lines up across from them.

Defense
I'd give the Defense an A they'd get an A+ but they Did allow South to score. :Clap:

Offense
The Offense gets a solid B with room to improve.:blabbermo

Special Teams
F They gave up a score and the Kicking game was horrendous.
:thatsfunn
We will continue to be the weak sister of football. Can we actually continue like this. If the administration cared so little why not just drop it. Our kids were put in a no win situation from alignment to assignments. Last night I felt sorry for our kids.
Clay County has a really good football team this season. I've already said that they and Perry Central may be the best kept secrets in the Mountains.

Congrats Tigers!
Oldtiger Wrote:The tiger Defense looked good, a very aggressive bunch that flies to wherever the ball is. The offense sputtered a time or two getting called for several yards worth of penalties. The Clay O line is young, and maybe a bit understaffed I know they lost the 6'4" 325 pound center to a broken leg. Let these young men get a few more snaps under their belt and this Clay team may just be a handful for anyone who lines up across from them.

Defense
I'd give the Defense an A they'd get an A+ but they Did allow South to score. :Clap:

Offense
The Offense gets a solid B with room to improve.:blabbermo

Special Teams
F They gave up a score and the Kicking game was horrendous.
:thatsfunn

Was told by a member of the Tiger staff that the lineman will be back by the North game and also a senior lineman that has been out due to some type of injury and has not played yet this season. So that may add some depth.

As for the offense during game, I noticed the QB and Rb only played 1 or two series in the third, and this is why the offense appears to sputter.
The defensive effort was outstanding.

I will say I am not sure about the kicking game , especially the extra points. That was ugly.
Nice win for Clay co.
Congrats Clay County