Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Harlan County vs Tates Creek UPDATE
I don't really care what you said back to Patriotdad and I did not make the trip. However, I have spoken directly to Coach Creech 3 times today because he is upset over inaccurate posts about what he said and did. He doesn't visit this site but a lot of fans do, and he tells me unequivocally that he did NOT make that call. I believe him.
Granny Bear Wrote:I don't really care what you said back to Patriotdad and I did not make the trip. However, I have spoken directly to Coach Creech 3 times today because he is upset over inaccurate posts about what he said and did. He doesn't visit this site but a lot of fans do, and he tells me unequivocally that he did NOT make that call. I believe him.

Did you even read my last post? Again, good luck to HC the rest of the season.
I’m not choosing sides but granny bear has been reliable with all of her information since I’ve been on here. Which is a while. But this is fairly easy to resolve if anyone wants to look at the KHSAA rule book on this matter. It’s under the inclement weather subsection. If ONE coach wanted to play and the other didn’t, then it’s a forfeiture. Now if both agree, it is up to both schools to determine how to proceed, with a reschedule, and that has to happen with in a certain time frame. It goes on to say if an agreement can’t be met a bunch of other stuff and blah blah blah. But my point being- I’m not saying anyone is lying or anything like that either- if HC didn’t want to play or reschedule, then they would have taken a forfeiture For the game. Which they didn’t.

Bylaw 22 Section 7A also goes along with this as well. If a school, such as HC, failed to honor the contract and play the contest, they would have to forfeit that contest, to the offended school, Tate’s creek.

As far as I know, HC didn’t forfeit, so statement about their HC not wanting to play simply can’t be true unless both parties agreed on it
Bylaw 22-11 section 2 also states:

Games canceled by school administrations and forfeit fees paid before the first playing date do not count against records or limits.

So it seems reasonable to believe that it was indeed the principle for Tate’s creek that’s actions caused this. And BOTH coaches either agreed or agreed not to reschedule. Otherwise it would be a violation of the rules and bylaws of the KHSAA and the appropriate action o discussed above would have been in place. WHICH ITS NOT.

So no, HC’s Head Coach couldn’t have said we aren’t playing, at least without agreement. It was most likely the TC principle who made the decision.

**also granny, since It WAS made by administrators by mutual agreement without forfeit provisions being made, this game does NOT count against season limits for both teams, and a game with Pikeville could be legally scheduled and played!!! Good luck everyone
Hound05 Wrote:Bylaw 22-11 section 2 also states:

Games canceled by school administrations and forfeit fees paid before the first playing date do not count against records or limits.

So it seems reasonable to believe that it was indeed the principle for Tate’s creek that’s actions caused this. And BOTH coaches either agreed or agreed not to reschedule. Otherwise it would be a violation of the rules and bylaws of the KHSAA and the appropriate action o discussed above would have been in place. WHICH ITS NOT.

So no, HC’s Head Coach couldn’t have said we aren’t playing, at least without agreement. It was most likely the TC principle who made the decision.

**also granny, since It WAS made by administrators by mutual agreement without forfeit provisions being made, this game does NOT count against season limits for both teams, and a game with Pikeville could be legally scheduled and played!!! Good luck everyone

A WHOLE lot of ASSUMPTIONS from folks who WERE'NT standing THERE. As I STATED earlier (and no one seems to have read) and will STATE one final TIME it is possible THAT the HC coach was REITERATING what he WAS told BY someone ELSE.
Frank Martin Wrote:A WHOLE lot of ASSUMPTIONS from folks who WERE'NT standing THERE. As I STATED earlier (and no one seems to have read) and will STATE one final TIME it is possible THAT the HC coach was REITERATING what he WAS told BY someone ELSE.

I’m not ASSUMING anything. I’m just stating FACTUAL information about the possible outcomes of the situation. Which according to the RESULTS and RULES governing it, only leave one explanation. The TC admin called it off.
I don't see ANY assumptions. Bottom line, your original post stated that HC head coach made the determination.....
"Harlan Coach said if there's a lightning delay after 9:30 their calling it and going to the house. There was and they did. Ironically it never did anything more than very light rain and everyone except TC team stayed outside just off the field."

Now IF he was reiterating like you eventually said COULD have happened, that would not be what he would have said. The principal of TC would never have made a statement like that.

It's obvious to me as well as other posters what has really happened. I really wish you would just let this go.
Granny Bear Wrote:I don't see ANY assumptions. Bottom line, your original post stated that HC head coach made the determination.....
"Harlan Coach said if there's a lightning delay after 9:30 their calling it and going to the house. There was and they did. Ironically it never did anything more than very light rain and everyone except TC team stayed outside just off the field."

Now IF he was reiterating like you eventually said COULD have happened, that would not be what he would have said. The principal of TC would never have made a statement like that.

It's obvious to me as well as other posters what has really happened. I really wish you would just let this go.

Phrases like "seems reasonable" are deducing or assuming. The only factual information was the rules. I was paraphrasing in my first statement that's why I didn't put it in quotes. I heard what I heard and I don't appreciate being called a liar by anyone and particularly folks who weren't there. By the way, I have tried to let it go but you keep coming back at me. I am done now.
Since you appear to be close with Tates Creek and the administration, why don't you ask the HC and the principal what happened and how they determined to cancel the game.

That should tell you everything.

If you decide to do that, I'd love for you to post their answers.

Lastly, I'm not coming at you. I'm merely addressing false statements made about a man that I know personally and have the deepest respect for. Making false statements on BGR is an actionable disregard for the rules.
Demarcus ware Wrote:Where’d you get that 4 prong pic from PJ?
About 20 years ago I dug a very large 3 prong and replanted it. Now it has 4 prongs growing all around it Smile. I'm not much able to climb mountains now but I love hunting herbs and digging stuff like bloodroot and yellowroot.