Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mississippi 37 Kentucky 34
Van Hagar Wrote:It really has, that’s probably the most disappointing thing. How many times have we called a timeout on defense when the other team was out of them, allowing them to get themselves settled in? Happened last night, against Tennessee, and at least one other time, I think against Florida, maybe more. Are we not competent enough to make necessary changes in the flow of the game, so we have to take ill-timed timeouts because we are lost? But I guess we already know the answer to that one.

That is correct!!!
Watched the replay and as much as I get pissed about the play calling the offense did its job...Over 200 yards rushing, 200 yards passing and 34 points should have been enough...This one is on the defense...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
OldJacket Wrote:Watched the replay and as much as I get pissed about the play calling the offense did its job...Over 200 yards rushing, 200 yards passing and 34 points should have been enough...This one is on the defense...

No doubt about it. I mean you can say the offense could have used some more clock on the last drive. But they gave the back back with well under two minutes. You should win a game 9 times out of 10 in this situation. And that one time was this game for us. The receiver made a play on the ball that was incredibly defended but offensively he was better.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
OldJacket Wrote:Watched the replay and as much as I get pissed about the play calling the offense did its job...Over 200 yards rushing, 200 yards passing and 34 points should have been enough...This one is on the defense...
Only issue I have with that is the with four straight three-and-outs our offense had in the second half, and with the pace Ole Miss was playing on offense, I thought our defense was just gassed much of the second half. But you’re right, on the last drive we had gotten some time to rest, just didn’t get the job done.
HOTTY TODDY!!! Those big 4 and 5 star Rebel receivers showed why they are 4 and 5 star players when the chips were on the table late. The Rebs needed this win