Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shelby Valley 72 Jeffersontown 57
Jeffersontown may have hit a rough stretch, but this is still a top 15 team in the state. As I mentioned earlier, J-town owns wins this year over Eastern, Seneca, and Manual, not to mention a 2 point loss at Ballard. And for SV to go to Louisville and win by 15 on their own home court is impressive, no matter what.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
kywldcat01 Wrote:South Oldham is an above average 8th region team, but outside of the win over a depleted J'town team, who else have they beat?

They're ranked in the BGR top 20 because of their record...not who they've beaten.

You're right. They haven't played a very tough schedule. They do have good wins over J-town and Anderson County, but they lost to Shelby County 74-53and trailed by 30 most of the game. I have seen them play once this year and I wasn't very impressed with them.
DortonWildcat5 Wrote:I don't mean anything negative by this, but to me it is much easier to build a program in those big cities strictly because of numbers in those schools. We played Crosby this weekend at the Middle School State Tournament and their coach told me they have around 1200 kids in grades 6-8 while we have barely over 100. That makes it much harder to build an elite team.

And when we do build a once in a lifetime team maybe we support it a little agressively but I think that is only natural and I see nothing wrong with that as long as we do it with consideration of others. Go SV, Go Wildcats!