Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prestonsburg 49 Paintsville 0
This one was never really close.
Sounds like the reports of Pburg and LC playing close in the scrimmage was spot on now that we've seen similar results against a common opponent. Congrats to Pburg have a hard one next week.
Congrats P-Burg on the victory.
Congrats Blackcats..Tigers keep your heads up..you have a good team..just need experience...
This one was all Blackcats from the beginning. Josh Craynon done a very nice job running the ball tonight. The only complaint I have for Prestonsburg was the offensive line. I thought they could have gave a slightly better effort as Michael Burchett was sacked a couple of times. Still yet, great overall effort by the Blackcats.

I can't remember the name of the quarterback for Paintsville, but I have to say I like what I seen of him especially his decision making. I'm not sure what grade he is in, but #3 impressed me with speed and potential. If he had more help and experience around him, Paintsville could win a few more games than they will end up winning this season. I was told he played wide receiver last season. But anyhow, I really liked watching #3 play tonight.

Joseph Jamerson emerged as a big time weapon at receiver tonight for Prestonsburg. Jamerson will be someone Burchett will have to count on throughout the year. Others had great games too such as Alex Griffith, Wes Robinson, Austin McKinney, Tyler Hall, and Alex Garner.

All in all like I said, great performance by Prestonsburg. The effort was there for Tigers as well, but as someone else said above, they just lack experience.

Good luck to both teams throughout the rest of the year!
Blackcats are for real!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
Like OD43 said, Pburg controlled the entire game. Josh Craynon looked even better this week than he did last as he just slashed through the Paintsville defense effortlessly. Michael Burchett looked really good again as I don't think he even threw an incompletion. His favorite receiver tonight was Joseph Jamerson as he had two touchdown receptions including a rushing touchdown. Defense did good against Paintsville's 1-2 punch in the backfield with Doderer & Brown. Both are very athletic and have a ton of speed, but Prestonsburg swarmed the to ball and forced turnovers.

The Pburg defense looked good again as well tonight. Spyed on Doderer the entire game and give up a few nice runs to the QB (Brown). Paintsville is certainly no slouch in their district. They have nice size and a lot of potential. Should most certainly be in the mix for #1 seed.

Gotta give a shout out to sophomore DL/LB Wesley Robinson who returned a fumble for a 70-yard touchdown.

Paintsville also had a player leave the game in an ambulance, so everyone keep him in your prayers.
I've heard the Paintsville player had a broken leg. I could be/probably am mistaken, but I hope he is okay.
This is about what I expected out of this game. Congrats on the win P'burg.
Pburg's offense will make them formidable in 2A... most 2A teams don't have the athletes to play with Pburg, but they will have to continue to improve.
congrats to p-burg
Seth Alex Rice was the player for Paintsville that was taken out in the ambulance. Two of his teammates carried him off the field. The ambulance took him to the hospital to do x-rays on his ankle just to be safe. I heard it might have just been an severe sprain, but they wanted to check out to be on the safe side.

As for the game, Pburgs defense was dominate. They swarmed to the ball every play. The offense was nearly unstoppable. Burchett, IMO, is the best passing QB in the mountains, he looked great. Big shout out to my boy Jo Jo (Joseph Jamerson), you played a great game bub, I know big brother is proud (Nick). Keep up the hard work and you will be the Jamerson with all the recieving records, lol.

As for my Tigers, keep your heads up. You have the size and talent to win the district. Get back to practice on monday and go to work, this season isn't over by any means.
Notre Dame Football…GO IRISH
Congrats Prestonsburg
This one was pretty much over from the start. An outstanding game by Jamerson and Burchett, Mckinney, and Craynon had good games as well. I am impressed with Pburg so far but they have a tough task ahead next week but im sure they will be ready for the challenge and everyone will be ready for a great game.

As for Paintsville i was impressed with the play of Brown i believe is the last name #3. Very good athlete with nice speed just needs some more players around him other than Doderer. But like it was mentioned earlier in there district i look for them to be around the number 1 team. Keep your heads up Tigers the season is just starting.

Good luck to both teams the rest of the season!
Congrats Prestonburg
Expected this outcome, congrats Blackcats and good luck next week.
Redneck Wrote:Seth Alex Rice was the player for Paintsville that was taken out in the ambulance. Two of his teammates carried him off the field. The ambulance took him to the hospital to do x-rays on his ankle just to be safe. I heard it might have just been an severe sprain, but they wanted to check out to be on the safe side.

As for the game, Pburgs defense was dominate. They swarmed to the ball every play. The offense was nearly unstoppable. Burchett, IMO, is the best passing QB in the mountains, he looked great. Big shout out to my boy Jo Jo (Joseph Jamerson), you played a great game bub, I know big brother is proud (Nick). Keep up the hard work and you will be the Jamerson with all the recieving records, lol.

As for my Tigers, keep your heads up. You have the size and talent to win the district. Get back to practice on monday and go to work, this season isn't over by any means.

Heard the injury was a broken ankle and Rice was out for the season. I certainly hope this is wrong, I hate to see anyone suffer a season ending injury at any time, but especially this early in their senior year. Best wishes for a speedy recovery.
They think it is just a bad sprain. Should find out more in the next day or so and hopefully he can get back in action soon.
bigbluefever Wrote:They think it is just a bad sprain. Should find out more in the next day or so and hopefully he can get back in action soon.

Undertreated sprains from varsity sports lead to more ruined ankles (later in adult life) than any other reason.

Here's hoping it's treated correctly.