Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Evans ruled inelgible at Wolfe
Where will he end up? Maybe back at Owsley or maybe Breathitt with his old coach.
Any details why he was ruled inelgible? Thanks for any info!
JOBAKKA Wrote:Where will he end up? Maybe back at Owsley or maybe Breathitt with his old coach.

Not sure who you're talking about. Care to give more information? Thanks if you do!
Well, That's a blow to Wolfe county.
outdoorsman43 Wrote:Not sure who you're talking about. Care to give more information? Thanks if you do!
Evans played at Wolfe a couple years ago and then transferred to Owsley where by the end of last year was thier best player. He started out with Owsley this year and was scoring at will and he is very athletic and quick. For some reason he just left Owsley after 3 or 4 games and went to Wolfe. He is a very good guard.
It seems that he should have been ruled inelgible at Wolfe - he played several games at Owsley this year.
Left Wolfe went to Owsley then back to Wolfe, this is what the KHSAA tries to stop. There is usually no legit reason for this to happen. The KHSAA has strict rules on transferring once starting high school. And I still think it happens to much.
His eligibility is still with Owsley County. I doubt if he goes back there, though, or even if they would allow him back on the team if he did come back. He left them high and dry after just two games into the season, and left without an explanation or anything.
I had a feeling he would be ruled ineligible at Wolfe. His grandmother in Owsley still has legal custody of him.
Is he a Senior? If he played Varsity, he would not be eligible to play anywhere but Owsley this. As for next year, he would have yo prove a ''hardship", whuch KHSAA is very stringent about. I've yet to see a hardship passed yet.
JOBAKKA Wrote:Evans played at Wolfe a couple years ago and then transferred to Owsley where by the end of last year was thier best player. He started out with Owsley this year and was scoring at will and he is very athletic and quick. For some reason he just left Owsley after 3 or 4 games and went to Wolfe. He is a very good guard.

Any info on why he has switched from school to school?
Hate this for the kid but you cant just go from school to school !!
outdoorsman43 Wrote:Any info on why he has switched from school to school?

well news that i heard is that he was pretty good friends with the boy that transferred to wolfe from powell and wanted to play with him.. but im not to be judged by the sayings bc its not an actual fact... besides all that he had so much at owsley but leaving them without telling anyone especially on game day was really a bad move on his part especially now being ruled ineligible.... good luck evans... make smarter decisions... and best of luck to ya in the future..
HotSauce32 Wrote:well news that i heard is that he was pretty good friends with the boy that transferred to wolfe from powell and wanted to play with him.. but im not to be judged by the sayings bc its not an actual fact... besides all that he had so much at owsley but leaving them without telling anyone especially on game day was really a bad move on his part especially now being ruled ineligible.... good luck evans... make smarter decisions... and best of luck to ya in the future..

Thanks for the info. I hope Evans can make smarter decisions. Don't know his circumstances but I do wish him well in the future.
HotSauce32 Wrote:well news that i heard is that he was pretty good friends with the boy that transferred to wolfe from powell and wanted to play with him.. ..

Hawkins is a sr, so Evans will never play with him. Every year Owsley seems to lose a talented point guard.