Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who Wins Class 1A?
Who Wins?

Beechwood will more than likely make another trip to the state championship, but IMO Hazard will be there opponent this time around as I believe they will get pass Lexington Christian. Other teams that could make a run at state are Mayfield, Lexington Christian, Pikeville, Crittenden County, Holy Cross (Louisville), Frankfort, and Lynn Camp.
Favorite: Beechwood

Contenders: LCA, Hazard, Mayfield

Longshots: Frankfort, Campbellsville, Pikeville, Raceland, Lou. Holy Cross, Fulton City
look for Raceland to knock LCA off in the regular season and playoffs, so Raceland has a very good shot at going to the carpet
South Floyd..lol
Beechwood.

Hazard, LCA and Raceland have a chance.
Semis.
Beechwood vs. Mayfield
LCA vs. Hazard

State title
Beechwood vs. Hazard.

Beechwood wins state by 15
Beechwood
RACELAND will have a strong showing this year and I think they will have the east title this year.
Romans 14:11
It is written: " 'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will confess to God.' "
The Iceboxx Wrote:Semis.
Beechwood vs. Mayfield
LCA vs. Hazard

State title
Beechwood vs. Hazard.

Beechwood wins state by 15

I like the picks but i really dont think Beechwood is a 15 point team better than hazard. I really think the teams will be evenly matched and with neither team holding an edge. The deciding factor in this game will be who doesn't turn the ball over and make costly errors.
Hazard
Hazard gets no respect. How many players did Beachwood loose? If I am not mistaken Hazard has all players returning. They should have won that game against LCA. They beat them in the regular season, and I think it got to there head that it was a win based on that. I think this year the bulldogs will bring a state title back to the moutains.
Go Dawgs! ....Hazard returns a lot of key players. I think if they can get someone to step up and fill that MLB pos. they will be tough to beat. I feel that if Teague would have played the last game against LCA, Hazard would have been in the state champ. game.
just because i am cougar blue doesn't mean that I can't cheer for hazard. I can't wait till moutain football start. Getting pumped just thinking about it.
glad to see someone else showing respect towards Hazard. Hazard should have that middle linebacker position filled but replace someone who can read like Teague did will be really hard to replace but i think they will have someone fit real nice in that positon. Hazard defense surprised me that game against LCA even without Teague in the line up. They showed heart of stopping them and the offense made a costly turnover which sealed the loss for them.
I show all the Respect to Hazard that is due.
You act like they have been picked on, when most pick them to make it to state.

The thing about Beechwood is that they down have down years, they are one of the most consistent programs in the states history. They never have bad season, hints why they are almost always in the title game.

Hazard may return a lot, but untill they prove that can make it over the top, people just wont pick them to win it all..They should have beaten LCA last season in the playoffs. I hope they can do it this season and bring a 1A title to eastern kentucky for the first time in a long time
Well all I can say is this is gonna be a really good season of 1a ball and I cant wait to watch it. Whoever wants it and works harder will determine the winner.
i agree 110% that Class A is going to be good and fun season.
cougarpride08 Wrote:Hazard gets no respect. How many players did Beachwood loose? If I am not mistaken Hazard has all players returning. They should have won that game against LCA. They beat them in the regular season, and I think it got to there head that it was a win based on that. I think this year the bulldogs will bring a state title back to the moutains.
I Hhave said it once, but I'll say it again. How many SRs Beechwood lost the last 20 years?