Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paintsville 13 - Letcher Central 4
Lyons, grimm, Ison pitched for the Tigers.
What did LCC look like?
MVP2 Wrote:What did LCC look like?
Solid, but pitching seems young but talented.
Congrats Tigers
Congrats Tigers. And TI on the BIG Triple. He was rollin around them bases!
Congrats Tigers!!
Congrats Tigers!
The Guru Wrote:Solid, but pitching seems young but talented.
This team is a VERY young team. LCC started an 8th grader, a freshman, and 6 Soph's. and a senior and had a sophomore starting pitcher with 2 freshman pitching and a sophomore in relief. So needless to say..this is a very young team but IMO you cannot blame losses on youth. You just see what you got to work on and go from there. Paintsville is a very impressive team with some very solid arms and great all around team speed! Best of Luck to the Cougars today against South Floyd today and to Paintsville the rest of the way!
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:This team is a VERY young team. LCC started an 8th grader, a freshman, and 6 Soph's. and a senior and had a sophomore starting pitcher with 2 freshman pitching and a sophomore in relief. So needless to say..this is a very young team but IMO you cannot blame losses on youth. You just see what you got to work on and go from there. Paintsville is a very impressive team with some very solid arms and great all around team speed! Best of Luck to the Cougars today against South Floyd today and to Paintsville the rest of the way!

I thought that Letcher had a kid named Dollarhide that played for them. I didn't see him last night.
OffTheHook Wrote:I thought that Letcher had a kid named Dollarhide that played for them. I didn't see him last night.

Dollarhide? Really? That is a very unusual name.
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:This team is a VERY young team. LCC started an 8th grader, a freshman, and 6 Soph's. and a senior and had a sophomore starting pitcher with 2 freshman pitching and a sophomore in relief. So needless to say..this is a very young team but IMO you cannot blame losses on youth. You just see what you got to work on and go from there. Paintsville is a very impressive team with some very solid arms and great all around team speed! Best of Luck to the Cougars today against South Floyd today and to Paintsville the rest of the way!
LCC has great things to look forward to in the near future. I think they will be a contender by years end though, even with the youth. They are very fundamentally sound. Keep your heads up Cougares.....you're gonna be great real soon!:Thumbs:
OffTheHook Wrote:I thought that Letcher had a kid named Dollarhide that played for them. I didn't see him last night.

His parents keep delaying him getting older, they held him back at Neon.
Good win for the Tigers but LCC is not very good at all this year. Their entire team was graduated last year. When will PHS play their first opponent that will challenge them?

He stayed back he was in 8th grade last year and he is playing for Letcher countys Middle school program
The Joker Wrote:Good win for the Tigers but LCC is not very good at all this year. Their entire team was graduated last year. When will PHS play their first opponent that will challenge them?
LCC will take some lumps this year, but they are not as bad as you think. They are fundamentally sound, just young.
Paintsville has ERHS and Pike Central coming up Thur and Fri. Then they are in Florida in a tourney with a few top Fl teams next week.
The Guru Wrote:LCC will take some lumps this year, but they are not as bad as you think. They are fundamentally sound, just young.
Paintsville has ERHS and Pike Central coming up Thur and Fri. Then they are in Florida in a tourney with a few top Fl teams next week.
So Flordia might be their first real game....Guru what have the lineups been the first two games for the Tigers?
The Joker Wrote:So Flordia might be their first real game....Guru what have the lineups been the first two games for the Tigers?
Game 1 vs. SFHS
1)C. Adams-catcher
2)C. Humphrey-CF
3)S. Grimm-LF
4)JD Vanhoose-SS
5)T. Ison-3B
6)J. Cyrus-P
7)S. Rice-1B
8)Z. Vialpando-2B
9)P. Butcher-RF

Game 2 vs. LCC
1) Adams-C
2) Humphrey-CF
3) VanHoose-SS
4) Grimm-1B
5) Ison-3B
6) Lyons-P
7) Vialpando-2B
8)Cyrus-LF
9) Butcher-RF
Jshort5 Wrote:He stayed back he was in 8th grade last year and he is playing for Letcher countys Middle school program

I was told that they didn't have a MS team this year.
The Guru Wrote:Game 1 vs. SFHS
1)C. Adams-catcher
2)C. Humphrey-CF
3)S. Grimm-LF
4)JD Vanhoose-SS
5)T. Ison-3B
6)J. Cyrus-P
7)S. Rice-1B
8)Z. Vialpando-2B
9)P. Butcher-RF

Game 2 vs. LCC
1) Adams-C
2) Humphrey-CF
3) VanHoose-SS
4) Grimm-1B
5) Ison-3B
6) Lyons-P
7) Vialpando-2B
8)Cyrus-LF
9) Butcher-RF
I like these lineups. It is good to not have one set lineup and to be able to shuffle.
The Joker Wrote:I like these lineups. It is good to not have one set lineup and to be able to shuffle.
Ytue, there is absolutely no reason for us to have a certain line-up. We have around 12 players, that should definately play everyday somewhere. 4-5 should start every day, and I don't see one thing wrong with the other7-8 switching up starts. It could keep everyone happy, and give equal opps for some to prove that they should be starting every game.
The Guru Wrote:Ytue, there is absolutely no reason for us to have a certain line-up. We have around 12 players, that should definately play everyday somewhere. 4-5 should start every day, and I don't see one thing wrong with the other7-8 switching up starts. It could keep everyone happy, and give equal opps for some to prove that they should be starting every game.

I agree it's hard to just decide permanantly what the lineup is when you have so many young/new guys who have yet to see a lot of varsity time. Sometimes you have a diamond in the rough who just hasn't been on the field to prove himself.
OffTheHook Wrote:I was told that they didn't have a MS team this year.
My understanding is that he cannot play because he was held back this year.
I figured Paintsville would win but I thought LCC would of held them a little better. Congrats to Paintsville.