2.UCLA
3.Georgetown
4.Louisville
5.Florida
6.Ohio State
7.Arizona
8.Kansas
9.UNC
10.Florida State-Leornard Hamilton doing a great job at FSU bringing in great talnet
14.Arkansas-First year coach John Pelphrey has landed Six commitments and 2 top PG's along with a top PF
19.Kentucky-Once again in the Top25 but look right behind you.
20.Minnesota- Tubby can't recruit, what? Tubby continuing to bring talent in.
The 2004 class of freshmen were heralded too, but look at them. Crawford can't hit the broad side of a barn, Bradley is flat out terrible, the two who were worth anything are gone.

No one said that Tubby couldn't get "star" recruits, but his choice in recruits have not developed into "star" players; the ones that WERE good left for the NBA and how does that help a college team?

Could you imagine if Rondo and Morris were still here?

And another problem with Tubby's recruiting is that, yes, he does get a few future-NBA players, but the rest of the roster is filled up with CRAP. Jared Carter...are you kidding me? Shagari Alleyne?

Tubby started losing his mind when he decided to recruit an entire team of giants to play. It almost seemed as if Tubby was plotting....plotting a secret new style of team. All 5 men.....all 7 feet+.

After all it'd only take them 6 minutes to get down the court and back.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I think many UK fans forget that back when UK was truly great that no one ever went to the NBA early. But now it is hard to find guys who are good players that won't leave early, but if you don't get them you will pay for it because your class won't be rated as high and fans will gripe over that. And the talent will go somewhere else for a year or two and beat you.
I think a big reason why smaller schools are beating the "big dogs" all of a sudden is because they have a nucleus of good 4-year guys that know how to play with one another, because they all stay 4 years and develop into solid basketball players. The traditional powers get loads of talent that disrupt the cohesiveness of a team and win the majority of the games on talent alone, but lose every now and then because a lacking of team ball.
Still 19 with only two players Liggens and Millar.... that leaves alot of room to jump up. Grab Hopson or a highly touted juco player and you have a top ten class.
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:Still 19 with only two players Liggens and Millar.... that leaves alot of room to jump up. Grab Hopson or a highly touted juco player and you have a top ten class.

As far as I know UK isn't showing much interest in Hopson. Scotty is very high on Tennessee, and Kentucky does have two more scholarships to hand out in this years recruiting class.

I'm know college recruiter or anything but I've seen Hopson play, and he is nothing to brag about. He isn't a team player, not much of a defensive threat, and plays lazy... Take that for what its worth.
blackcat_student Wrote:As far as I know UK isn't showing much interest in Hopson. Scotty is very high on Tennessee, and Kentucky does have two more scholarships to hand out in this years recruiting class.

I'm know college recruiter or anything but I've seen Hopson play, and he is nothing to brag about. He isn't a team player, not much of a defensive threat, and plays lazy... Take that for what its worth.

AND he has a bad attitude... I agree, he's nothin special.
I have heard that about him as well! Would love to at least land one more prayer, lol!
i don't see how the tubby at kentucky couldn't get anybody, but when he goes to minnesota he can.
blackcat_student Wrote:As far as I know UK isn't showing much interest in Hopson. Scotty is very high on Tennessee, and Kentucky does have two more scholarships to hand out in this years recruiting class.

Sounds like the Crawford type. And yes that is not what we need. If we have two spots open i would say that CBC will give at least one more out and my guess would be that he will be a stud. So we have no where to go but up in those rankings.

Exactly what I said after watching him for the 4th time. I agree 100%. Hes a very athletic player, that can only get you so far though. He's not much of a shooter from the outside, when he gets inside the paint though, he can finish. No defense at all. Very lazy on the defensive end. Hopefully UK doesn't go after him hard. He'd leave after 1 year, because he thinks he can play in the NBA, but for that 1 year, it'd be complete turmoil with him wanting to take all of the shots.
Pupaw Wrote:Exactly what I said after watching him for the 4th time. I agree 100%. Hes a very athletic player, that can only get you so far though. He's not much of a shooter from the outside, when he gets inside the paint though, he can finish. No defense at all. Very lazy on the defensive end. Hopefully UK doesn't go after him hard. He'd leave after 1 year, because he thinks he can play in the NBA, but for that 1 year, it'd be complete turmoil with him wanting to take all of the shots.

Then stay away. Give me Livingston.
Panther Thunder Wrote:I think a big reason why smaller schools are beating the "big dogs" all of a sudden is because they have a nucleus of good 4-year guys that know how to play with one another, because they all stay 4 years and develop into solid basketball players. The traditional powers get loads of talent that disrupt the cohesiveness of a team and win the majority of the games on talent alone, but lose every now and then because a lacking of team ball.

I totally agree with this statement. You look at teams like UNC who bring in top notch recruits and they only stay a season, maybe two and it does disrupt the cohesiveness of the team. Then you look at a school like Butler who has had the same guys for 3 or 4 years now who have gelled over these past few seasons and their chemistry is great, look at them now they are 12-1 and a top 25 team. Good post Panther Thunder.
Tubby destroyed our name. Noone wants to come to UK.
Surprised that Wake is number 1. Should return to their tradition soon.
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:Then stay away. Give me Livingston.
Once again, I agree 100% with you here.
I would really love to land Daniel Orton in the 09 class, he is the top Center and he trimmed his list I believe yesterday and we are still towards the top.
WAKE at 1 is messed up. Someone needs to REALLY look into that!
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:WAKE at 1 is messed up. Someone needs to REALLY look into that!

Looks good to me, wouldn't you think?

http://wakeforest.rivals.com/commitlist....08&sport=2
Now what I meant...I mean there is a reason all of a sudden all of these 5 star players are wanting to go to WAKE FOREST?? Maybe not, but doesn't make ANY SENSE to me at all!
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:Now what I meant...I mean there is a reason all of a sudden all of these 5 star players are wanting to go to WAKE FOREST?? Maybe not, but doesn't make ANY SENSE to me at all!

Oh... You have a good point.

Maybe Tim Duncan was there idol or something???
LOL, yeah really!