Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Letcher Central 66 Cordia 57
Final from Knott Co Central.
Absolute robbery from this officiating crew and I could care less who won! Horrible
Cordia had 39 fouls, 4 starters fouled out, 5 technical fouls... How can this be aloud to happen to these kids...They work just as hard as any other team and get cheated out of everything...SMH I'm very proud of the Cordia Lions..They are the true winners!!!
Who cares...them and Perry both should be barred from the 14th region.
Lots of people care!!! These are kids!!! They should all be treated Equal!!! I hope Perry walks through everyone in the 14th Region now!!!
Who Ref? was it the 14th Region? WOW!
hoghead Wrote:Who Ref? was it the 14th Region? WOW!

Bryan Napier was the lead official
Paparazzi Wrote:Bryan Napier was the lead official
Steve Perkins, new official this year whose boy went to Cordia years ago, and Benny Campbell, Heard at game he is the #1 official in the 14th this year and going to state tournament.
Cordia started out aggressive and got early fouls called, they didn't adjust and just kept fouling. Was not the best Coaching job by Coach Hurt. Didn't agree with a couple of the technicals, but all in all Cordia was not robbed by anyone. Just my unbiased opinion of the game.
Benny Campbell has as high of character as anyone you'll ever meet. I'll promise you he didn't cheat anyone. Maybe that is just karma paying Cordia back for playing kids that were in jail earlier in the day instead of trying to teach them how to be a better person.
I knew it was going to be bad when I saw Napier was head ref. I have no connection to either team, but this was a joke. I understand everyone's feelings on recruitment and I totally agree but what was done to Cordia was just uncalled for. Letcher has the dirtiest player in the region and no one does anything about it. Some calls was so obviously against Cordia it was terrible. I'm sure the same crew will do the Championship so it should be interesting then too.
CordiaNation Wrote:Cordia had 39 fouls, 4 starters fouled out, 5 technical fouls... How can this be aloud to happen to these kids...They work just as hard as any other team and get cheated out of everything...SMH I'm very proud of the Cordia Lions..They are the true winners!!!

And they deserved every one of them, probably should have been more!
mountain hoops guru Wrote:Steve Perkins, new official this year whose boy went to Cordia years ago, and Benny Campbell, Heard at game he is the #1 official in the 14th this year and going to state tournament.

Perkins is not a new official. He has officiated for years, but this was probably his biggest game to date and did an excellent job!
Old Wrote:I knew it was going to be bad when I saw Napier was head ref. I have no connection to either team, but this was a joke. I understand everyone's feelings on recruitment and I totally agree but what was done to Cordia was just uncalled for. Letcher has the dirtiest player in the region and no one does anything about it. Some calls was so obviously against Cordia it was terrible. I'm sure the same crew will do the Championship so it should be interesting then too.

I too have no connection to either team, and I seriously can not remember one bad call against cordia! Can you name me one?
KentuckyFan35 Wrote:Perkins is not a new official. He has officiated for years, but this was probably his biggest game to date and did an excellent job!
First year calling at the High School level - Varsity, I believe he has done some grade school games:igiveup:
[Image:

]

#heardnappergotplayerofthegame More mash taters please!!!
mountain hoops guru Wrote:First year calling at the High School level - Varsity, I believe he has done some grade school games:igiveup:

I've actually seen him call several varsity games the last few years!:igiveup:
KentuckyFan35 Wrote:I too have no connection to either team, and I seriously can not remember one bad call against cordia! Can you name me one?

The second charging call on Cordia #11 should of been no call, play on.
The double foul on lane violation should have been just that, double lane violation. No fouls but they knew Cordia #15 had 4 so he would foul out.
Number 2 for Cordia gets tripped twice but no call.
Even on highlights from WYMT you see after a lay up by Letcher, Cordia #15 gets a elbow as Letcher player passes by but no call.
CordiaNation Wrote:Cordia had 39 fouls, 4 starters fouled out, 5 technical fouls... How can this be aloud to happen to these kids...They work just as hard as any other team and get cheated out of everything...SMH I'm very proud of the Cordia Lions..They are the true winners!!!
To be exact 30 fouls. 3 technicals; kinda stretching it a bit.
Cordia had their chance several times to potentially pull away in the 4th quarter and took several bad shot selections on back to back trips. I, myself, did not think it was a bad called game on either end. Calls were missed on both ends and then cheap calls were made on both ends.
what were the fouls on letcher and what were free throws for both teams? and people you should be mad at the khsaa for all these kids playing, they ruled them eligible. it should never be taken out on a kid. ive heard from 5 people and none of them from either team and all said letcher got all the calls. I don't know I wasn't there
LCC 39 to 17 FT's

17 fouls on LCC
I was kinda surprised at this score, does anyone know if Ramon Mercodo played ? From the KHSAA info on the game it didnt look like it but I can't be sure and was just curious. He played really well in the WYMT tournament and was the clear difference maker for Cordia in the All A finals against Wolfe.
Hard fought game. I thought there were some missed calls on both sides. I was a little surprised with the outcome. Thought Cordia would win.
eky.sports.fan Wrote:I was kinda surprised at this score, does anyone know if Ramon Mercodo played ? From the KHSAA info on the game it didnt look like it but I can't be sure and was just curious. He played really well in the WYMT tournament and was the clear difference maker for Cordia in the All A finals against Wolfe.

He did not play!
[Image:

]

More mash taters please!!!