Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Robert Paul Amis Breathitts new coach?
Heard that Robert Paul had been given the job. Is this true?
Yes it's true. Check his face book page. Good luck Robert.
It was announced on WYMT a few days ago.
Congrats, rough time to start your career @ Breathitt though. If they will be patient he may be OK. They haven't showed a lot of patience in the past though. Good luck.
Is Merv Combs gonna be his assistant coach?
I'm sure he will do a great job. He was an assistant in Texas somewhere. I know a lot of people think it's a political hire or this and that, but I will be the first to say that Robert was an underrated player in highschool. He knows the game and was a great athlete. Good luck to Breathitt, I know it's a rookie hire but I think it's a great hire.
Ballers Wrote:I'm sure he will do a great job. He was an assistant in Texas somewhere. I know a lot of people think it's a political hire or this and that, but I will be the first to say that Robert was an underrated player in highschool. He knows the game and was a great athlete. Good luck to Breathitt, I know it's a rookie hire but I think it's a great hire.

I don't know Amis, but he seems like he is a young energetic coach, and this may be exactly what the Bobcats need to bring the excitement back to basketball. I am not familiar with the talent level, but if I am not mistaken, they played a lot of underclassmen last year. Hopefully, all sports will improve in Breathitt, with the state no longer in control of the school system. Good luck to Coach Amis and the Bobcats.
Robert paul may be the coach but John Paul will be close to the bench!
Fattyfatpat Wrote:Congrats, rough time to start your career @ Breathitt though. If they will be patient he may be OK. They haven't showed a lot of patience in the past though. Good luck.

I can see why they are not very patient they have turned out so many D1 hoopsters.:biglmao:
hoghead Wrote:Robert paul may be the coach but John Paul will be close to the bench!

Well if that is so they will have one hell of a #2 man. How many people you know that have taken a school like Buckhorn to the Sweet 16
If John Paul joins staff things will look good.
Quick question, I was looking at each 14th region teams schedule and Breathitt's coach is listed as Co Coaches being Jon D. Collins and Robert Amis. Are they co coaches or what? Just wondering.
Amis is a great young man and best of luck to him there.Breathitt will struggle this year but he has a strong desire to coach and wish him the best there.
John Paul may not be on the bench but hes at practice everyday, I talk to him last week their not going to be bad he said of Breathitt
Fattyfatpat Wrote:Quick question, I was looking at each 14th region teams schedule and Breathitt's coach is listed as Co Coaches being Jon D. Collins and Robert Amis. Are they co coaches or what? Just wondering.

Updated today. Robert Amis is the coach. Jon collins is the athletic director.