Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Saw III
alfus21 Wrote:This was the best one in my opinion. A good plot with the violence and a couple of decent twists.

I rate this one as the best, the original as the 2nd best, and Saw II as the worst.

Spoilers (don't read if you don't want to know)
The Amanda/Jigsaw relationship was not one of love, but of understanding. She didn't want to be like Jigsaw because she never gave people a chance to get out of the traps. He was making her play the game the whole time, since movie one, so it wasn't a love relationship, but he was just making her play the game and she didn't even know it.

As for Saw 4, there are many viable options to make this one. Nobody knows the outcome of Dr. Gordon from Saw 1, or Matthews from Saw 2. They could possibly come back, or there could be some kind of copy-cat Jigsaw out there. Writers are too smart for people to predict what will happen, but many things can happen still.
bevinsville_bomber Wrote:I've read that if you listen to the director's commentary on the Saw and Saw II dvd's, they state that Dr. Gordon is in fact dead contrary to popular belief that he is still alive.

Also, that tape in the wax is the key. Maybe he has already set in motion traps and snares for Saw 4. I believe this is Jeff's tape for finding his daughter.

As far as another Saw goes, take it for what it's worth, Tobin Bell (Jigsaw) was signed on for 5 movies....

Overall, 7/10. Wasn't as clever as the first two, but still a solid movie with lots of gore and I enjoyed it.

Unless I'm thinking of the wrong guy, in Saw 2 (might be 3, or both), they show his body in that place leaning up against the wall missing the bottom half of his leg that he cut off.
QB Challenge Champion, Just Pitching Champion, Midi Golf Champion- My Greatest Accomplishments in Life
BFritz Wrote:Unless I'm thinking of the wrong guy, in Saw 2 (might be 3, or both), they show his body in that place leaning up against the wall missing the bottom half of his leg that he cut off.

I think that's Dr. Matthews maybe. It doesn't make it clear if he is dead or alive either.
Dr.Gordan is alive IMO. How else would they get all the medical supplies needed to keep Jigsaw alive?
Also, something else to consider is this. Maybe we haven't actually "met" Jigsaw yet. Maybe Tobin Bell was playing the game all along, like Zet in the first one, and Amanda in this one, we had no idea they were playing games. I mean, what was up with those flashbacks he had of him telling the blonde lady he loved her?
Jimmy Dugan Wrote:Dr.Gordan is alive IMO. How else would they get all the medical supplies needed to keep Jigsaw alive?
Also, something else to consider is this. Maybe we haven't actually "met" Jigsaw yet. Maybe Tobin Bell was playing the game all along, like Zet in the first one, and Amanda in this one, we had no idea they were playing games. I mean, what was up with those flashbacks he had of him telling the blonde lady he loved her?

I think that the lady doctor he had kidnapped just reminded him of his wife, that's why he was having flashbacks. I don't know about the first part, because he takes responsibility for all the killings, and you see him committing them in his flashbacks.
QB Challenge Champion, Just Pitching Champion, Midi Golf Champion- My Greatest Accomplishments in Life
that is true. However, maybe he was doing so because he had to because it was part of the game that was being played on him. This is far fetched just throwing out some ideas. Also consider the scenerio that Dr.Gordan is still around. He could have been the one tho sewed the key into the eye on the man in part two, also he is the one supplying Amanda and Jigsaw with the tools and medicinde necessary to keep him alive. Why didn't they use him as a doctor instead of the lady in part 3? Because she was part of the game.
My brother watched this movie yesterday because his teenage son wanted to see it. He called me last night and said it had to rank as the worst movie he'd ever seen in his life. The plot was almost non-existent, unless you consider a so-called 'game', and blood and gore, some kind a plot. I saw about half of the first Saw movie, and that was my opinion of that movie as well.
I guess everyone has different taste and that's what makes the world go around, but my question is: how could anyone possibly find entertainment value in watching people get hacked up, butchered, heads cut off, tortured, etc.? I tried to watch Texas Chainsaw Massacre that a friend had rented and had the same response. After a while I just said "enough is enough", and left the room.
LOOKAYANNER Wrote:My brother watched this movie yesterday because his teenage son wanted to see it. He called me last night and said it had to rank as the worst movie he'd ever seen in his life. The plot was almost non-existent, unless you consider a so-called 'game', and blood and gore, some kind a plot. I saw about half of the first Saw movie, and that was my opinion of that movie as well.
I guess everyone has different taste and that's what makes the world go around, but my question is: how could anyone possibly find entertainment value in watching people get hacked up, butchered, heads cut off, tortured, etc.? I tried to watch Texas Chainsaw Massacre that a friend had rented and had the same response. After a while I just said "enough is enough", and left the room.

Different strokes, for different folks I guess. It's entertaining because it's suspensful and has you guessing the entire time.
Yep, thats why some of us are Saw fans, some of us are Notebook fans, and some of us are both.