Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Harlan Ind. VS Pikeville Aug.17th
Whats your predictions for this game? Last years game was a close one. Pikeville pulled it out with less than a minute to go. The Dragons will be stronger this year returning all but 3 and being at home I would say they are the favorite to win. What say you?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This is a very important game for how the season goes for the Senior led Dragons, I see a win by 7-10, in a very good game to start your season.
Backwoods Wrote:Whats your predictions for this game? Last years game was a close one. Pikeville pulled it out with less than a minute to go. The Dragons will be stronger this year returning all but 3 and being at home I would say they are the favorite to win. What say you?

I will be pulling for the GREEN DRAGONS since they are in our region, but the following week will have to pull for my WILLIAMSBURG YELLOWJACKETS. GO DRAGONS good luck, I thought Bianchia was one of the best players I saw last year.
Pikeville-26

Harlan-20
[Image: http://www.mghelmets.com/high%20school%2...lle-ky.gif]

[Image: http://www.mghelmets.com/high%20school%2...ent-ky.gif]

I like Pikeville in this one but I think it will be close. Pikeville 31 Harlan 24
I have a lot of respect for the panther's. They play at a high level every game. According to the KHSAA,barring any newcomer's,the Panther's should have had 14 upperclassmen,6 seniors and 8 juniors,returning this season. The Dragon's return 23,14 seniors and 9 juniors. I feel that the experience and home field advantage will be the determining factor in this game. Also, Pikeville,according to their own fan base (from last years post's),starts their season's slow,traditionally. All these factors plus the hunger to win this game,from the Dragon's,gives Harlan the win. But,never count the Panther's out. They have proven to be a team that can rise to the occasion,ie... Hazard and Harlan last season. With all that said, the Win will go to the team that wants it the most. I look forward to a great,exciting game. GO DRAGONS!!!!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Harlan in a close one.
I like Pikeville but my instinct is telling me Harlan because its at harlan and it will be a little different who ever is under center for pikeville for the 1st couple of games until everything starts clickin and falls into place.
Harlan 21
Pikeville 35
Mountain pride 10 Wrote:This is a very important game for how the season goes for the Senior led Dragons, I see a win by 7-10, in a very good game to start your season.

I agree. I think it's important for Harlan to set the tone for the season, especially at home. I'll take Harlan 26-20.
I'm taking Harlan by 7.
Backwoods Wrote:I have a lot of respect for the panther's. They play at a high level every game. According to the KHSAA,barring any newcomer's,the Panther's should have had 14 upperclassmen,6 seniors and 8 juniors,returning this season. The Dragon's return 23,14 seniors and 9 juniors. I feel that the experience and home field advantage will be the determining factor in this game. Also, Pikeville,according to their own fan base (from last years post's),starts their season's slow,traditionally. All these factors plus the hunger to win this game,from the Dragon's,gives Harlan the win. But,never count the Panther's out. They have proven to be a team that can rise to the occasion,ie... Hazard and Harlan last season. With all that said, the Win will go to the team that wants it the most. I look forward to a great,exciting game. GO DRAGONS!!!!

Gotta add Fairview to that list.Lol. Good post Backwoods. However,gotta go with my Panthers. 21 -- 19.

Cool helmets-- both teams. :Thumbs:
Big Five-0- Wrote:Gotta add Fairview to that list.Lol. Good post Backwoods. However,gotta go with my Panthers. 21 -- 19.

Cool helmets-- both teams. :Thumbs:

Fairview was a great game for the Panther's. Their coach's ability to get them up for a game is second to none. He gets all he can out of his players. You gotta respect that. For a team to be successful against them you have to match their intensity. And still sometimes you come up short. Like last season for the Dragons. It was a good season opener for sure. I'm sure the Dragon's realize what this game means for this season. They will need a solid win going into Williamsburg in week 1.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Backwoods Wrote:Fairview was a great game for the Panther's. Their coach's ability to get them up for a game is second to none. He gets all he can out of his players. You gotta respect that. For a team to be successful against them you have to match their intensity. And still sometimes you come up short. Like last season for the Dragons. It was a good season opener for sure. I'm sure the Dragon's realize what this game means for this season. They will need a solid win going into Williamsburg in week 1.

Don't know much about pikeville except they haven't been as good as of late, but sure hope they are good enough to beat the green eyed monsters! Go pikeville ( my second favorite team for opening week)!
One thing is for sure. The atmosphere at Dragon's stadium should be at playoff proportions considering the competition between these two teams. Really looking forward to this one.
Gah...i haven't been online on a while, and when I seen this and the Aug 17th date I got so excited, hahah. Football is almost here!!!
Harlan 35
Pikeville 14
Big game week 0 to see where these two stand in single A. Harlan has a gang of jr's & sr's returning I'm sure that want to go out with a bang as this is the year they've had circled on their calendar for some time now as The Year. Pikeville will be running on all cylinders come playoff time, however the question is will they be ready for a challenge on the road this early in the year?

Pikeville is loaded at the skill positions on offense & should be much more aggressive & faster on the defense side of the ball. If Chase Hall continues in the opener where he left off last season the Panther fans should have a lot of fun watching this young man. When he runs with a purpose he's as good of a back you'll see in single A.

I look for the Panthers to hang around the 1st half feeding Hall & trailing 14-7 @ the half. A settled down young group comes out & opens up the playbook. Halfitme adjustments wins the second half & the Panthers start the season off 1-0 with a 28-21 victory over the Dragons.
Harlan and Pikeville has played several times over the past 15 or so years. In years past Pikeville has won most of those games. I believe this is one of those years Harlan has more speed and talent. Look for Harlan and Coach Donahue to get a big win at home.

Harlan- 28
Pikeville -14
Dragons roll
TurboPanther Wrote:Big game week 0 to see where these two stand in single A. Harlan has a gang of jr's & sr's returning I'm sure that want to go out with a bang as this is the year they've had circled on their calendar for some time now as The Year. Pikeville will be running on all cylinders come playoff time, however the question is will they be ready for a challenge on the road this early in the year?

Pikeville is loaded at the skill positions on offense & should be much more aggressive & faster on the defense side of the ball. If Chase Hall continues in the opener where he left off last season the Panther fans should have a lot of fun watching this young man. When he runs with a purpose he's as good of a back you'll see in single A.

I look for the Panthers to hang around the 1st half feeding Hall & trailing 14-7 @ the half. A settled down young group comes out & opens up the playbook. Halfitme adjustments wins the second half & the Panthers start the season off 1-0 with a 28-21 victory over the Dragons.

Agreed Turbo Panther. Won't be easy, but it can be done. GO PANTHERS!!
dragons at home.4th quarter push
Pikeville-26
Harlan-24
Will be making the trip from Tn. to see this one. This series has turned in to a great rivalry. Good sportsmanship and competition between these two.:Thumbs:
Don't know much about either really but if Harlan can run it against Pikeville it will be interesting. That is only based on 7 on 7 vs Paintsville. Best of luck to both teams.