Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
American Restoration
This my all time favorite TV show. Does anyone else watch it?
Good Show
I have never seen it but I will try to check it out soon. I generally hate reality shows but one of my sons suggested Pawn Stars (along with several BGR posters) and I am hooked. I have watched Pickers as well but don't care that much for it.
I love this show! A&E has really stepped their game up.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:I have never seen it but I will try to check it out soon. I generally hate reality shows but one of my sons suggested Pawn Stars (along with several BGR posters) and I am hooked. I have watched Pickers as well but don't care that much for it.

This is actually a spin off of Pawn Stars, Hoot. Some of the story line is fabricated and scripted, (just as is Pawn Stars) but I guess what interests me the most is that these guys are making a living out of what I do as a part time hobby. There must be a lot of gratification into actually being able to make a living out of doing something you love. I would think that that is a rare combination.

I'm like you concerning Pickers, I loved it when it first came out, but it's gotten a little tired.
MisterPerfect Wrote:I love this show! A&E has really stepped their game up.

Actually, this is produced by The History Channel, MP. A&E may rebroadcast episodes, though. That would not surprise me, as multiple channels are generally owned by one source.
Great show. It's amazing what they do with some of the items they have to work with.
Yeah, I watch that whole block of shows.

American Pickers, Pawn Stars & American Restoration.
it's a nice show showing taking junk and making something cool out of it
nky Wrote:it's a nice show showing taking junk and making something cool out of it

I like the idea of two projects per episode, but I wish they would extend it to 60 minutes and go into a little more detail of the restoration process, or just go with one project if they are going to be at 30 minutes. To me it is just a little too condensed. Like most reality shows there is that element of theatrics involving charactors that sometimes gets just a tad over done, but this one is not too bad.