Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Allen Central 82 - East Ridge 78
"love@bball" Wrote:Sorry!! Captain I didn't realize you already quoted and replied to that post..didn't mean to repeat...you said it way better than I did :High5:

I forgot to mention in above post...((congrats to the rebels)))...
see you ((Friday))) warrior fans...:dance:

No problem
AC is making some NOISE. Look out Betsy Layne. I am so sick of ER fans, biggest bunch of whiners EveR!.

Who were the refs?
Congrats To Coach Martin And The Runnin' Rebels. Keep Up The Good Work And Good Luck The Rest Of The Season. :CE_DP_Ste Confusedalute:
It seems to be a trend to me. Everytime ER is on the short end of the scoreboard that it is the refs fault. Bad calls happen each and every game. You gotta realize that and play anyways.
Congrats AC.Keep it up, we got a big game coming up on Saturday!
"alfus21" Wrote:Always the refs faults when East Ridge loses...and I mean always...Rolleyes
Well alfus, the post that I have read of people complaining haven't all been people from East Ridge..I heard that bad calls were bad on both sides though. East Ridge's new head coach isn't my favorite because he orders the boys to start fouling too early. They will be down 2 points with 3 minutes on the clock and Coach May will tell the boys to fail. I really didn't like him when he coached Elkhorn and he isn't the coach that I want at that spot now. I would have LOVED to have Hurley again this year.
"HomeGrown" Wrote:AC is making some NOISE. Look out Betsy Layne. I am so sick of ER fans, biggest bunch of whiners EveR!.

Who were the refs?
:lol:

This is for you homegrown Tongueuke:....lol :big grin:
from the ER whiner.....

"Carlton Fisk" Wrote:Great win for AC. Though they did about give it away. I heard on WMDJ that Music had a huge game with 26 to lead the Rebels and I think he may have been the leading scorer for the game. At halftime I know he had 13 and I'm about sure he finished with 26. Great game for the Rebs and hopefully they can build on this and take it to BL Saturday. The officiating for this game was horrible. It was Shawn Hall, Wes Gilliam and another guy but they were horrible I reckon. Josh Martin and Ryan Collins fouled out for AC and Tyler McCoy and their other guard fouled out for ER. Horrible job guys. Good luck to both teams.
Without Coach Hurley at the helm this year the Warriors don't seem to have that extra home court advantage. Confusedhh:
"alfus21" Wrote:Always the refs faults when East Ridge loses...and I mean always...Rolleyes

Nobody blaimed the refs for ER's loss. They said it was poorly officiated BOTH ways.
"champ321" Wrote:Nobody blaimed the refs for ER's loss. They said it was poorly officiated BOTH ways.

Yes, it was a very poor officiated contest on both sides. That doesn't take away from the fact that Allen Central went on a 25-8 run in the 3rd quarter either.

The officials took care of Josh Martin early, he had 3 fouls midway through the 1st quarter. Ryan Collins fouled out, along with Martin and Tyler Slone of Allen Central.

Curtis Williams and McCoy fouled out late for ER, but they were not a factor down the stretch. Coach May drew it up pretty simple in the huddle during their comeback - Bartley or Bust.

Mark Bartley drives...draws the foul...East Ridge creeps back. That was the strategy.

I did get a kick out of Coach May telling one of the officials in the 2nd quarter, "you're doing a good job tonight." I bet he changed his tune in the 3rd quarter!!!

This game was nothing compared to the Freshman Girls Game that was played between East Ridge & Pike Central before AC showed up! That was classic. One of the officials gave a technical on a Pike Central player, the coaches asked why and the officials told them, "because she questioned my authority...she said OMG." :omg: CLASSIC...

Anyway...Great job AC, you're building momentum at the right time. Keep fighting cause your biting teams right now!
Congrats AC
Congrats AC on your win. I was at this game and yes there were some bad calls for both teams however this had nothing to do with ER losing. They lost this game on turnovers and more or less gave this game to AC in the 3rd quarter. As far as #21 being the reason for ER's comeback, if I recall he had turnovers and missed some shots he should'nt have, he is a good ball player, but he can also win the game for the team or lose the game for the team he makes alot of silly mistakes. I think Anthony Coleman was a big factor in this game he had a great game and most of the points in the 3rd quarter, why that coach takes him out of the game when he is on a roll is beyond me. These boys made a lot of mistakes tonight and AC scored on thier mistakes is why they lost. I am a ER fan and this lose is their fault not the refs I can't even blame this lose on the coach. Good Luck Friday!!.
"ridgewarrior" Wrote:Congratulations Rebels!
You guys played a great game....face it ER fans, Allen Central came to beat us and they DID!
As far as the comments on here about bad calls....there really was some terrible calls!! And if I hadn't been there, I wouldn't have beleived the 'on both ends'. But it really was!! I saw a couple of calls against AC (for ER) that some of us was shaking our heads at....but there was a couple of calls against ER that left us shaking our heads too.
This isn't an excuse....you heard me from the beginning here.....AC beat us because they outplayed us ~ and because we couldn't hit the red side of a red barn!!
Don't get down [b]Warriors....one off night doesn't decide anything!!! Get your heads on and be ready for Friday night. We've got our pride to redeem then!!![/B]
I think that Captain was right when he said that you guys let the refs get in your heads. I watched your faces as you looked at them in disbelief....I watched your hearts slowly leave the game.
Just shake it off and practice hard.....be ready for FRIDAY!!
:mad: We love you WARRIORS! We're still proud of you!!!

BTW~Contratulations to the East Ridge JV!!
That is sad if you think about it....
"BasketBallonlyfan" Wrote:It seems to be a trend to me. Everytime ER is on the short end of the scoreboard that it is the refs fault. Bad calls happen each and every game. You gotta realize that and play anyways.
"HomeGrown" Wrote:AC is making some NOISE. Look out Betsy Layne. I am so sick of ER fans, biggest bunch of whiners EveR!. Who were the refs?

Let me start by reminding everyone of my earlier post....[indent]
Quote:Congratulations Rebels! You guys played a great game...face it ER fans, Allen Central came to beat us and they DID!

[/indent]

And I mean it!! I was impressed at the ball handling of Allen Central. They did a great job....and ER, well to be honest, looked sloppy (to put it mildly).AND I haven't read ANYWHERE on here an ER fan whining about this loss!!! Maybe you where one of the refs at this game, Cuz it seems your eyes are bad too!!
"King James" Wrote:Without Coach Hurley at the helm this year the Warriors don't seem to have that extra home court advantage. Confusedhh:
Did you ever think it was because of the fact that Hurley isn't at the helm is why we're losing??? He was/is a great coach.....and is missed at ER---he could've coached Coach May under a table!
"BasketBallonlyfan" Wrote:That is sad if you think about it....
What is sad about it?? Just the cold hard truth....:wtf1: .....us ER fans get bashed if we take up for our team and we get bashed if we lay it out like it is.
I think a lot of people just love to hate us. What does that say about you??

Now let me end by saying
I Love East Ridge Warriors!
I am so proud of you guys! You guys need to put this one behind you and be ready for Pikeville on Friday Night! I know you can put a big W on this one!!!
AND ER FANS: I can't wait to see you all Friday night, just come early and be ready to show what school spirit really is!!
That is what is sad about it. East Ridge is Elkhorn City, Feds Creek, some of Millard High Schools combined and you gotta get your pride back by beating a city school with a losing record?
I will be at the ER vs PHS game on Friday backing my warriors all the way!!
GO WARRIORS !!!!! and I just hope that didn't sound to (( :bow: whiney)) or just to (( :Sad04: sad)) for y'all to read !!!! LOL :BigLaugh:
I want to see all the ER fans ((((FRIDAY)))))!!!!!! :Cheerlead
How do you get beat by allen central
Been out of town a couple of days. I have been telling you guys that AC would be a dangerous team but only a few would listen.:Wave:
"MyNaMeSbUrChEtT" Wrote:How do you get beat by allen central

You get outplayed by Allen Central..it ain't that hard to figure out:Shaking:
"allie25" Wrote:You get outplayed by Allen Central..it ain't that hard to figure out:Shaking:

lol....yeah pretty simple!
And ohh yeah, if ER fans always complain about the refs or blame them after every loss, then I guess AC fans have the right to blame the refs when ER beat them in Region 2 years ago how about that?
"-STAT-" Wrote:And ohh yeah, if ER fans always complain about the refs or blame them after every loss, then I guess AC fans have the right to blame the refs when ER beat them in Region 2 years ago how about that?
What does a game from 2 years ago have to do with this one??
Alex Hammonds for Allen Central has averaged 15 points in the last five games. And since he has started for AC they have won 3 of 5 games. He brings a lot to the table for ac and he will turn out in to dandy down the road. Nick music lit it up against ER. He put up career high 26 points.
"BasketBallonlyfan" Wrote:What does a game from 2 years ago have to do with this one??

It doesn't have anything to do with this game..Stat was just makin a point.. Which I totally agree Stat..That game was crazy
"money mike" Wrote:Alex Hammonds for Allen Central has averaged 15 points in the last five games. And since he has started for AC they have won 3 of 5 games. He brings a lot to the table for ac and he will turn out in to dandy down the road. Nick music lit it up against ER. He put up career high 26 points.
His brothers were good athletes for Allen Central I believe.
congrats 2 ac how many games have they won now
"-STAT-" Wrote:And ohh yeah, if ER fans always complain about the refs or blame them after every loss, then I guess AC fans have the right to blame the refs when ER beat them in Region 2 years ago how about that?
Ya know I wouldn't think that anyone from AC would want to remind anyone about that game.....make everyone remember how classy the Rebels acted after the game.....
LET IT GO, ya beat us this game, ya deserved it.....two years ago ya didn't.
"ridgewarrior" Wrote:Ya know I wouldn't think that anyone from AC would want to remind anyone about that game.....make everyone remember how classy the Rebels acted after the game.....

Nice post. Very well said.
"ridgewarrior" Wrote:Ya know I wouldn't think that anyone from AC would want to remind anyone about that game.....make everyone remember how classy the Rebels acted after the game.....

:thumb: good post..
Great job AC.........congrats...!!