Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pulaski County 41 Rockcastle County 7
Final.

People will argue with me but this was a pretty close game for 2.5 quarters.
Pulaski County stats:
115 yards on 4 scoring drives! Talk about field position.
90 yards passing.

Abner 4 TD's.

Rockcastle
Clark Rowe- 86 yards rushing.
Zach Reams- 45 yard TD catch.
Jaden Brock- 5/5 87 yards and 1 TD pass
Score was 14-7 at half. PC broke out to a 14-0 lead early but Rock fought back. In the 2nd half it was the Alex Abner show. Abner ended the night with 162 rushing with 4TDs and 2 forced fumbles on defense. Clarke Rowe ran hard but couldn't do much with Pulaski's defense. I think he ended with 135 or so. It was a tight game for one half. Pulaski's toughness just showed through in the second half. Good luck to Rock next week against Bell.
Thanks for the Pulaski county stats, I listened to the Rockcastle feed but they just mentioned team stats and didn't include individuals, unless I missed it.

McQueen played great on special teams and had two recieving TD's, as well.

For quite a while the game was closer than the score showed. Rockcastle had one punt that went 7 yards....7 Can't give a team 4 drives that start within the opposing 40 and expect them not to beat you.
Rock had a second punt go 12 yards. Special teams will kill! Actually Mcqueen had 1 receiving TD and #27, Aaron Hall had the other. Rock did a good job trying to contain Eastham and the passing game but couldn't stop both. It was sort of a pick your poison type of game. Stop Eastham and the pass, or stop Abner and the run.
Nice win for the Maroons......but who cares about the score. Did Rockcastle stop the run? That's all that matters, right?
Congrats Pulaski
we tried to stop the run, but PC was too much. They do have a good team. Hey Rock can pass, why not do it more. 5-5 I believe.
Norm Peterson Wrote:Nice win for the Maroons......but who cares about the score. Did Rockcastle stop the run? That's all that matters, right?
:dontthink:eyeroll::yes:
:wenumber1 at stopping the run :biggrin:
where is my crow, i guess it is running on me
wow a somerset guy cheering for PC, is the world ending. I bet PC hates somerset with all they have
This was kind of a shock to me. I had actually expected a closer game from RC.

:flush:
I think this takes some of the luster off next weeks game against Bell County.
former Wrote:wow a somerset guy cheering for PC, is the world ending. I bet PC hates somerset with all they have
No hate from PC, we have respect for what each has accomplished... hang on... Alex Abner is STILL running, let me get back to you. LOL!!!!!!!
What really has PC ever accomplished except for 1 dist title. Somerset has won state titles. I am sure they have soooo much respect for what you have done. Probably laughing all the way to the funny farm at PC for that remark.

Yes PC did run on Rock and I am sure Bell will too. I am about to give up ont eh Rock, they are showing no signs of improvement from last year.
former Wrote:What really has PC ever accomplished except for 1 dist title. Somerset has won state titles. I am sure they have soooo much respect for what you have done. Probably laughing all the way to the funny farm at PC for that remark.

Yes PC did run on Rock and I am sure Bell will too. I am about to give up ont eh Rock, they are showing no signs of improvement from last year.

Uuuuhh.... News flash.... There is a ton of respect between Pulaski and Somerset. The kids from each team hang out together, go eat together, go to church together. They have known each other since little league days. It's immature people such as you that create the riff between schools.
So, in your fantasy world Rock was the tougher team that gave up no yards rushing and won the game. REALITY.... Pulaski spanked that rear end tonight! Ask Abner and Eastham how they liked getting hit and knocked out of the game. Abner was the toughest, and best player on the field tonight, and it wasn't even close. Pulaski was tougher, they smacked Rock on defense, and were just the all around better team. I was trying to be nice and complement Rock on a hard fought game, but you make it really tough to do. I am sure their are a lot of nice, respectful, Rock fans, you are just not one of them. Not a true fan anyway. A true fan would never give up on their team, no matter how bad it got.
Oh, and Somerset has never won a state title. Runner up on several occasions. Learn you history and get back to us.
Congrats Maroons!! GREAT game!! So much for stopping the run i guess! I do believe someone is eating their words but I guess it was just team spirit when you look back at it! I think we all knew who the better team was and knew that the better team was gonna roll in this one as they did!!:rockon:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
LWC Wrote:Final.

People will argue with me but this was a pretty close game for 2.5 quarters.

It sounded a lot like the Harlan County game at the Correll Bowl, 13-7 at half and then special teams and PC's speed kicked in. PC also played on a short field all night that game also. I bet the game was real similar.
Congrats to PC. any one know if the two will still play each other next season. i know we have played 2 but is this a four year contract. Rock has looked much unorganized ever since the season has started. I Wasn’t to impressed with the play calling. You won’t win many games by only running two different sets. Hopefully they boys can get things turned around.

3wishes Wrote:It sounded a lot like the Harlan County game at the Correll Bowl, 13-7 at half and then special teams and PC's speed kicked in. PC also played on a short field all night that game also. I bet the game was real similar.

Yes, i was at both games and made the remark that the PC Harlan game went the same way.
former Wrote:What really has PC ever accomplished except for 1 dist title. Somerset has won state titles. I am sure they have soooo much respect for what you have done. Probably laughing all the way to the funny farm at PC for that remark.

Yes PC did run on Rock and I am sure Bell will too. I am about to give up on the Rock, they are showing no signs of improvement from last year.

Your not a true fan. a real fan will be there for there team no matter how good or bad they are doing.
I've said it before...I'll say it again. Rock is very young this season and is playing a lot of green players in skilled positions. This includes the secondary and quarterback position. They are also having to play a lot of kids both ways and I wish we could get a rotation of linemen in to give the starters some rest every so often. I'm really glad for Brock and his improvement in passing. None of the recievers or quarterback started varsity last year. It will take some time and some major lumps, but, I feel that they will get better as the season goes along. Next week is gonna be a major lump I think and I'm still not quitting on them. They are working toward getting better, if not for this season, certainly for next season. But they will get better, one way or the other. I wish them the best with the rest of this season. Congrats to Pulaski, they have a pretty good defense this year to go with that offense.
ROCKSOLID69 Wrote:Your not a true fan. a real fan will be there for there team no matter how good or bad they are doing.

I have always been a fan, but when you see the stuff I do with the way the stuff is done and how it is done. Then yes I have to think 2wice about this program and what has been going on. I have been more of a fan than you I bet and a lot longer too. I mean really, Russell Co put at least 3 tds on PC. What happened to our toughness and being able to run the ball. GONE
I did not expect this margin
former Wrote:I have always been a fan, but when you see the stuff I do with the way the stuff is done and how it is done. Then yes I have to think 2wice about this program and what has been going on. I have been more of a fan than you I bet and a lot longer too. I mean really, Russell Co put at least 3 tds on PC. What happened to our toughness and being able to run the ball. GONE

Don't you think it's time to just stop the bet making madness you are into? Get behind your team, cheer them on no matter what. Ever team is going to have high seasons and low. Rock is having a low one. They will be back, I am sure. Just stop hating on everyone!
former Wrote:I have always been a fan, but when you see the stuff I do with the way the stuff is done and how it is done. Then yes I have to think 2wice about this program and what has been going on. I have been more of a fan than you I bet and a lot longer too. I mean really, Russell Co put at least 3 tds on PC. What happened to our toughness and being able to run the ball. GONE

i would be willing to make that bet.
Forever Maroon Wrote:Uuuuhh.... News flash.... There is a ton of respect between Pulaski and Somerset. The kids from each team hang out together, go eat together, go to church together. They have known each other since little league days. It's immature people such as you that create the riff between schools.
So, in your fantasy world Rock was the tougher team that gave up no yards rushing and won the game. REALITY.... Pulaski spanked that rear end tonight! Ask Abner and Eastham how they liked getting hit and knocked out of the game. Abner was the toughest, and best player on the field tonight, and it wasn't even close. Pulaski was tougher, they smacked Rock on defense, and were just the all around better team. I was trying to be nice and complement Rock on a hard fought game, but you make it really tough to do. I am sure their are a lot of nice, respectful, Rock fans, you are just not one of them. Not a true fan anyway. A true fan would never give up on their team, no matter how bad it got.
Oh, and Somerset has never won a state title. Runner up on several occasions. Learn you history and get back to us.

100% correct FM. I used to play at Somerset and always had friends at PC and went out with them after games and on the weekends, even when one of us would beat the other. Like you said, the schools are about a mile away from each other, all the players grew up together and playing together, why not enjoy both teams success? I would say the only problem the two have with each other is the fact the other one exists because if the two schools combined that team would be scary good.

Also correct about the state titles, Somerset has zero. I believe they may be the winningest team in the state and have the most state title appearances without winning one, hopefully that changes this season though. Congrats to PC on the big win and good luck the rest of the way! :Thumbs: